Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Leafs acquire Alex Galchenyuk from Carolina for Egor Korshkov and David Warsofsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'm not sure he's the kind of player that fills a need for them. From the games i've watched, they need grit and energy more than finesse. I know power forwards are hard to get nowadays, but they really need to address the situation sooner than later

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Man, it seems crazy that it was only the summer of 2019 that Galchenyuk was giving interviews about how he was excited for a fresh start with the Pens, couldnt wait to get on the ice, etc.

I know he was still a reclamation project even at that time, but the 18 months that have passed since have been a sobering reminder just how fast a career can go up in smoke.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Chucky on the other hand wasn't Habs fault. At some point you have to point at the player, Chucky had too many voices and never developed maturity. There was a trend with him for sure, he was a follower who never developed any confidence in himself.
Oh, yeah. Therrien playing roller coaster with his line selection for Galchenyuk sure did wonders for his development. Every time Desharnais went on a slump, Galchenyuk was the one that ended up on the 4th line. Rushing him back from an injury because he was on a ppg before getting injured and the team starting to skid was just incredible player management.

He might have had family issues but that's not what ruined him. It was 100% Therrien and the need to get the local French kid going at any cost to appease the rabid media.

Reactions: BobbyShehan

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Here's a game for math nerds :

Habs : 418
Coyotes : 72
Penguins : 45
Wild : 18
Senators : 8
Hurricanes : 0
Leafs : ??

Can you fill the blank?

Only highly intelligent people can solve this.
Gotta be back up to 8 games with the Leafs, then he'll close out the season playing 18 games in Edmonton on McDavid's wing.

Reactions: Domi a favor

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I honestly didn't have a lot of issues with how he played in Ottawa.

And he has that howitzer in the circle.

DJ didn't like him for whatever reason.

But the only reason I can see him suiting up for the Leafs is if they need a scoring option on the 2nd PP unit.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This reminds me of that deal Dubas made last year to take some of Lehner's salary for a late pick. On one hand I think what's the point of both of these deals, but on the other hand there could be a benefit, albeit an extremely small one.

I would say that Galchenyuk having any positive use for the Leafs now is as likely as that 6th round pick or whatever it was they got in the Lehner deal.
Great avatar. I’m sure forum rules would prevent you from posting like Herb.

Reactions: onlygotmygrade10

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Leafs keep getting softer

I know you guys aren't actually posting in good faith but this is pretty dumb. They just added Simmonds, Thorton and Bogosian and now they took a no-risk flyer out on a guy who at one point had potential, this has nothing to do with team toughness/softness he might not even play.

But yes hfboards is going to continue to beat the drum of their familiar dumb narratives, so have fun with that I guess.

Reactions: nofehr

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Oh, yeah. Therrien playing roller coaster with his line selection for Galchenyuk sure did wonders for his development. Every time Desharnais went on a slump, Galchenyuk was the one that ended up on the 4th line. Rushing him back from an injury because he was on a ppg before getting injured and the team starting to skid was just incredible player management.

He might have had family issues but that's not what ruined him. It was 100% Therrien and the need to get the local French kid going at any cost to appease the rabid media.
If you wanna be bluntly honest with what went wrong you would have to bring up the pharmaceutical activity that is ever so present in that city . Now it’s not nice to talk about such activity so will stay on the family and therrien usage because it’s more friendly a topic .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I know you guys aren't actually posting in good faith but this is pretty dumb. They just added Simmonds, Thorton and Bogosian and now they took a no-risk flyer out on a guy who at one point had potential, this has nothing to do with team toughness/softness he might not even play.

But yes hfboards is going to continue to beat the drum of their familiar dumb narratives, so have fun with that I guess.
I think the issue is that with simmonds out it kinda shows how much he is missed . The only reason yous got galchenyuk for nothing was because Carolina wanted a gritty 4th line centre but had to take galchenyuk to get it done .

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think the issue is that with simmonds out it kinda shows how much he is missed . The only reason yous got galchenyuk for nothing was because Carolina wanted a gritty 4th line centre but had to take galchenyuk to get it done .

Yeah I'm just saying there's no harm in gambling on him and acquiring an essentially free forward option doesn't influence team toughness. The Simmonds injury does, but that's not really relevant to the acquisition.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Now that Korshkov is develped I wonder what picks Dubas will give up to get a similar player once he finds out he needs one.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
If you wanna be bluntly honest with what went wrong you would have to bring up the pharmaceutical activity that is ever so present in that city . Now it’s not nice to talk about such activity so will stay on the family and therrien usage because it’s more friendly a topic .
Didn't see anything substantiated in that regards, lots of rumors and stories but we've been down that road before with the media and "darkest day in Habs history" incident so I take it with a hefty dose of salt.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It's ultra confidential. If a reporter gets hold of the story, he's going to be threatened with a lawsuit since he can't prove it and "medical" records are private.

Besides, why would any GM tell another GM about damaged goods? It's easier and less likely to be sued if the GM just utters..."he didn't work out". And passed him on....

Yeah....its MThead...and every coach since then. Poor little Chucky, he's so mistreated and misunderstood. Darn evil coaches
....yeah....:popcorn:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Didn't see anything substantiated in that regards, lots of rumors and stories but we've been down that road before with the media and "darkest day in Habs history" incident so I take it with a hefty dose of salt.

It wasn't some ramdom reporter. It was the former coach of the Habs.

"On Monday, former Canadiens coach Mario Tremblay appeared on 98.5 FM radio in Montreal. During his airtime, Tremblay alleged Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk has twice been to detox for addiction issues."

Here is the link....and notice, nobody sued Tremblay. Nor anyone scrabled to defend Chucky

www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp/other-sports/news/montreal-canadiens-alex-galchenyuk-rehab-detox-mario-tremblay-allegations-rumor/9a7cbof1plrv1ojxs4utmumue

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
It wasn't some ramdom reporter. It was the former coach of the Habs.

"On Monday, former Canadiens coach Mario Tremblay appeared on 98.5 FM radio in Montreal. During his airtime, Tremblay alleged Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk has twice been to detox for addiction issues."

Here is the link....and notice, nobody sued Tremblay. Nor anyone scrabled to defend Chucky

www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp/other-sports/news/montreal-canadiens-alex-galchenyuk-rehab-detox-mario-tremblay-allegations-rumor/9a7cbof1plrv1ojxs4utmumue
"The former coach of the Habs" as in the guy that ran Roy out of town? THAT GUY has the balls to speak about the Habs? How has he not been in hiding since he left team?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
"The former coach of the Habs" as in the guy that ran Roy out of town? THAT GUY has the balls to speak about the Habs? How has he not been in hiding since he left team?

Sure...shoot the messanger.

If Tremblay made it up, he would be sued for LIBEL to hell and back. The fact that he wasn't, because suing someone requires that you prove he's lying, would bring even bigger publicity to the problem.

I don't really care what the newest fan club believes. All i care is that Bbinz got rid of him and turned him into Josh Anderson.

Good luck to the Leafs...lol

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Sure...shoot the messanger.

If Tremblay made it up, he would be sued to hell and back. The fact that he wasn't, because suing someone requires that you prove he's lying, would bring even bigger publicity to the problem.

I don't really care what the newest fan club believes. All i care is that Bbinz got rid of him and turned him into Josh Anderson.

Good luck to the Leafs...lol
I'm not even talking about the rumour, it's just... I'm shocked that Mario Tremblay isn't in witness protection after causing Patrick Roy to demand a trade. Thought for sure he'd be keeping a low profile where the Habs are concerned.

Reactions: stopclickbait

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Honestly egor korshkov has been playing well in the KHL this year . He’s a solid pick up for the sens . I think he will crack the sens line up next year sad to see him leave . Korshkov is a big solid third liner possible possible a second liner you never know all the best to him on his next journey

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not even talking about the rumour, it's just... I'm shocked that Mario Tremblay isn't in witness protection after causing Patrick Roy to demand a trade. Thought for sure he'd be keeping a low profile where the Habs are concerned.

I think he has a gig on French tv sports program. Haven't followed his post Hab career and really don't care to see him within 100 miles of the Habs.

However.....he has deep roots in Quebec hockey and would get wind of the story. He probably had enough evidence so as not to get nailed by a libel suit.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Honestly egor korshkov has been playing well in the KHL this year . He’s a solid pick up for the sens . I think he will crack the sens line up next year sad to see him leave . Korshkov is a big solid third liner possible possible a second liner you never know all the best to him on his next journey

Umm. Korshkov went to the Canes. The Sens traded Galchenyuk to the Canes who then traded him to the Leafs.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad