Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Aaron Dell signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $800K)

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Have to imagine borderline guys who think their path to a full time NHL is limited will be willing to sign with Toronto. Can stay in the same place if you are in the minors or the NHL. Also the Leafs do a lot of paper transactions so some Marlies will get regular practice with the Leafs too.

Probably the ideal place to be the #3 in an organization, especially if there are no opportunities to be a #2 elsewhere.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I know what they're doing. Joe Thornton's best friend is Aaron Dell so the Leafs are trying to convince Thornton to waive for Toronto at the deadline to go play with his bud.

Reactions: Morrison and Smif

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
One way so he gets his money no matter where he plays

Could do worse, considering the annual offseason goalie carousel has all but come to a stop

Play well, maybe get in some games if there's a trade or injuries, and hopefully get another crack at a better contract next summer

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So in 4 days the Leafs have added

Simmonds, Brodie, Bogosian, Vesey, Anderson, Boyd and Dell

that's some quality depth right there.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Dell was the best UFA goalie left on the market imho . Sucks for him he has to accept a role as a #3 i guess. Think he would've been better than Mike Smith for the Oilers especially at that price.

A couple of really old guys who once had been starters are still out there i guess but not sure how much interest there is for those. Ryan Miller probably goes back to the Ducks or something.
Surprised chicago wasnt interested. He is honestly better than both their goalies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
9780736440844.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Surprised chicago wasnt interested. He is honestly better than both their goalies.

Seems like they're trying to play goalie king of the ring with their 4 25-26 year old goalies Subban , Delia , Lankinen and Tomkins. Dell isn't exactly a starter either. Might as well let the 4 signed guys fight it out i guess . Lankinen is supposedly who they expect most out of . We'll see . Good luck behind that defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad