Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Aaron Dell signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $800K)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He will be claimed long before he dresses for the Marlies. He knows that, and is most likely why he signed the contract with the Leafs in the first place. If he’s not backing up Anderson he will be playing for another team. He has a one way deal. You cannot just bring him up and down at your will without having every other team having a chance to snag him.
He will clear waivers. No way Leafs will go into next season with Campbell and Dell as their tenders. Freddy is clearly the number one.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
He will clear waivers. No way Leafs will go into next season with Campbell and Dell as their tenders. Freddy is clearly the number one.
Why would you go into the season as Dell and Campbell as the two? I never said Freddy was going anywhere. Its Dell who wont clear waivers leaving u once agin with Freddy and Campbell. Unless its Campbell who is the odd man out? He may clear waivers. Easier thn Dell would anyways

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Why ?

And the NHLPA would approve that ?
Why would the NHLPA not approve more players? It is a pretty simple thing really. If there is no functional minor leagues teams are going to need something for injury replacements. They aren't just going to be calling guys off the couch. How they decide to do it? Who the hell knows but if there is no AHL the rosters are gonna be a bit different then most years.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Because the leafs have a clear cut starter and one of the better backups in the league? The guys proven himself enough to be a reliable backup, and hes done his AHL dues
I find it hard to feel bad for a guy who gets to play a game he loves at any level for 800k a year. How insanely amazing would it be to make that kind of money. I'd honestly shovel animal dung all day and be the happiest man alive for that kinda dough. So, I wouldn't say it sucks for him.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I find it hard to feel bad for a guy who gets to play a game he loves at any level for 800k a year. How insanely amazing would it be to make that kind of money. I'd honestly shovel animal dung all day and be the happiest man alive for that kinda dough. So, I wouldn't say it sucks for him.
I guess thats fair, but within a framework of NHL players he deserves better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad