Top born 97's prospects in NFLD

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
If the kid is good enough then sure give him an exception. I'm not against letting John Tavares play higher levels if they're that good. I know all about teams doing stuff like that too, the Jr. Canadians paid for a kid from California to move out with his family when he was like 10 so he could play for them. Haven't heard of him for years now. It's the adults that this falls on... they need to understand these are children and deal with them as such. There's no reason the opportunities can't be there, it's the extra bs that needs to stop in minor hockey.

then if you talking like that im not sure what your actually getting too then, the kids do not get reconized with out exposure...parents well really have always been a part of the game, can't be changed and of course parents give there take on things....it is a part of the game now and hard to change that...as for people posting who they think is good for bantam major well it is no different than a team making a U14 team from nova scotia to go play a u14 team to play PEI it is no bearing on things.

But you said 14 is too young to scout...now it is changing to parents are calling players out on boards and shouldn't but that was not the original topic to it...so now you are agreeing kids are scouting at 14 and nothing is wrong with that because that is the only way to know of a special player is for the scouts to see this player...but now it is the parents. So what i am getting from what you are talking about now is it is ok to give the top players list which you first said was not good....but it is bad to say who is not good which we didn't even talk about here....

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
then if you talking like that im not sure what your actually getting too then, the kids do not get reconized with out exposure...parents well really have always been a part of the game, can't be changed and of course parents give there take on things....it is a part of the game now and hard to change that...as for people posting who they think is good for bantam major well it is no different than a team making a U14 team from nova scotia to go play a u14 team to play PEI it is no bearing on things.

But you said 14 is too young to scout...now it is changing to parents are calling players out on boards and shouldn't but that was not the original topic to it...so now you are agreeing kids are scouting at 14 and nothing is wrong with that because that is the only way to know of a special player is for the scouts to see this player...but now it is the parents. So what i am getting from what you are talking about now is it is ok to give the top players list which you first said was not good....but it is bad to say who is not good which we didn't even talk about here....
I never said 14 was too young to scout, scouting happens at far younger ages and there's nothing wrong with scouting. What I said was 14 is too young for people to be taking it so seriously (as in, posting on forums like they're NHL players). Again, I haven't seen it on this board, but there are many out there where adults talk about these kids the same way we talk about NHL players on here... when you take a step back and realize you're talking about a kid that may not even be able to have kids yet, think about how wrong that is.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I never said 14 was too young to scout, scouting happens at far younger ages and there's nothing wrong with scouting. What I said was 14 is too young for people to be taking it so seriously (as in, posting on forums like they're NHL players). Again, I haven't seen it on this board, but there are many out there where adults talk about these kids the same way we talk about NHL players on here... when you take a step back and realize you're talking about a kid that may not even be able to have kids yet, think about how wrong that is.

well im giving this up...im sorry I do not agree with your views...this board is hockeys future not talk about players like they are NHL player board...it is how hockey is and that is the way it is....and when we take a step back and realize we are talking about players who can not have kids for a bit well that is horrible way of putting it because at this point we shouldn't be talking about players then until they are drafted already by the NHL because some players are still 17 years old getting drafted into the NHL...your not really making sense in the way you talk about stepping back and looking at it, and it is not really wrong with people expressing about thoughts on people.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
read you said it right here
My mistake, I didn't mean scouting as in a scout going to a game and watching the players. That happens right when rep starts.

well im giving this up...im sorry I do not agree with your views...this board is hockeys future not talk about players like they are NHL player board...it is how hockey is and that is the way it is....and when we take a step back and realize we are talking about players who can not have kids for a bit well that is horrible way of putting it because at this point we shouldn't be talking about players then until they are drafted already by the NHL because some players are still 17 years old getting drafted into the NHL...your not really making sense in the way you talk about stepping back and looking at it, and it is not really wrong with people expressing about thoughts on people.
Expressing your negative views about a child on a public forum is most definitely wrong.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/672275/

Take a look at that site. Read some of the things said on there about 13 year old kids. That is wrong, on so many levels.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
My mistake, I didn't mean scouting as in a scout going to a game and watching the players. That happens right when rep starts.

Expressing your negative views about a child on a public forum is most definitely wrong.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/672275/

Take a look at that site. Read some of the things said on there about 13 year old kids. That is wrong, on so many levels.

oh those are horrible boards...it is just loaded with jelous parents and players...please do not confuse those boards with these boards...you know the boards before you go into them playes know what those boards are and im sure not too many people take those ones serious at all....this is a more educated boards....and imo on these boards it is not out of context to say well I do not think this player is not major midget quality, but not to shoot the player down personally or put him and his family down or say he is the worst player to ever play that is not right...but those boards not too many people take serious.

hockeyfan1977

Nov 28, 2011
Larter is a good player, saw him in the Salmon tournament when they played the NW Bulls. He was also one of the strongest players at the ACC for PEI too. I don't think he outplayed Tompkins from NB in that game though.

I noticed Larter has played a few games with the Charlottetown Islanders major midget...he did well was able to skate at that level and created some good offensive chances..Hopefully he will grow a bit

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
I noticed Larter has played a few games with the Charlottetown Islanders major midget...he did well was able to skate at that level and created some good offensive chances..Hopefully he will grow a bit

Has been having a just fair year in the B AAA league, but still probably the best of the bunch next year, has the speed that none of the others have

hockeyfan1977

Nov 28, 2011
What about Logan Toole from PEI. I see he is leading in points for Pownal and is top 10 in the league. Saw him play a few games last year he was a big forward with some grit to his game...How is he playing this year?

Goalie scout

Feb 7, 2012
What about Tyler Dixon on Halifax? He is bigger than Welsh, plays better in his own zone, carries the puck really well while picking his spots, and does not take dumb penalties at inopportune times.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
What about Logan Toole from PEI. I see he is leading in points for Pownal and is top 10 in the league. Saw him play a few games last year he was a big forward with some grit to his game...How is he playing this year?

Toole is a good strong player, should be in Major midget next year no question. If his food speed increases he is right up there with the top talent in atlantic canada for his age.

That Pownal team is very strong, guys like Larter, Toole, Steele and Corny should all be major midget players next year as well as d man Cormier and goalie Duffy

PEIhockey

Dec 14, 2011
Toole is a good strong player, should be in Major midget next year no question. If his food speed increases he is right up there with the top talent in atlantic canada for his age.

That Pownal team is very strong, guys like Larter, Toole, Steele and Corny should all be major midget players next year as well as d man Cormier and goalie Duffy

larter,cormier and toole will play major midget next year. Corney is too small as of now. Steele could possibly play major midget next year too. I don't know about duffy though. All the major midget PEI goalies still have atleast one year left of midget. Plus he isn't the best 97 goalie in P.E.I anyway in my opinion.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
larter,cormier and toole will play major midget next year. Corney is too small as of now. Steele could possibly play major midget next year too. I don't know about duffy though. All the major midget PEI goalies still have atleast one year left of midget. Plus he isn't the best 97 goalie in P.E.I anyway in my opinion.

Your right, if all goalies return he obviously won't play. The only other Bantam goalie on his level would be Shea from Western

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Goalies:

Evan Fitzpatrick - very skilled goalie with excelloent size as well. Has the ability to steal games from the opponent. He is considered among the best 98 (maybe in Atlantic) however I gather he lacks consistency at times. I watched him at the ACC and he was not his best there based on conversations with folks that know him.

I have to say I saw Fitzpatrick play and I will say he is very very good...I personally do not think he is better than Rielly Pickard in goal, Pickard is hands down one of the best goalies I have seen in bantam...he might be better than Mason McDonald who is ranked to go in the 1st round in this years QMJHL draft.

nbsportsmedia

Jan 14, 2012
I have to say I saw Fitzpatrick play and I will say he is very very good...I personally do not think he is better than Rielly Pickard in goal, Pickard is hands down one of the best goalies I have seen in bantam...he might be better than Mason McDonald who is ranked to go in the 1st round in this years QMJHL draft.
I saw Pickard in net in a couple of games this year and have to say he has lots of potential for a 98'. Good size and good positioning. Must be one of the top 98' goalies around. Still not as strong as the top 97's from NS and NB. I have not seen Fitzpatrick play so can't comment on his game.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I saw Pickard in net in a couple of games this year and have to say he has lots of potential for a 98'. Good size and good positioning. Must be one of the top 98' goalies around. Still not as strong as the top 97's from NS and NB. I have not seen Fitzpatrick play so can't comment on his game.

Nicholas Dawe is the best goalie for 97 borns in atlantic canada and possibly canada...Pickard as a 98 has just as much potential as Dawe.

nbsportsmedia

Jan 14, 2012
Nicholas Dawe is the best goalie for 97 borns in atlantic canada and possibly canada...Pickard as a 98 has just as much potential as Dawe.
I saw Dawe and he is good. Too many good goalies from NS, NB and NFLD to say he's the best. PEI does not seem to have goalies as good as other provinces. Who are top 3 goalies in NS (97' and 98')?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Who are top 3 97s goalies in NS this year? How is Blade Dixon playing?

Blade Dixon is good, but 5'7 is short for a goalie...I can see him getting to 5'8 or at most 5'9 next year which is still not great for a goalie......

there are 4 goalies I like:

1. Nicholas Dawe
2. Logan MacEwen
3. Rowan O'Brien
4. Aaron Mantle

Blade Dixon is really good though...but if he does a crazy growth spurt like 3 to 4 inches he will be a good goalie for the next level after midget but if not his chances are low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad