Top born 97's prospects in NFLD

theschwab13

Jul 2, 2012
Sorry guy, u r way off if your post is serious! Noel is proving he can play at this level. The only knock against him, and it always will be, is his size. But he is playing in all situations and top 6 minutes. He is obviously doing something right.

I was being sarcastic!! I'm good friends with Nate actually!! I watched him in person last game and he is playing great!! He's a very good talent. Cody Donaghey (sp?) however, has dropped off. For me, atleast.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I was being sarcastic!! I'm good friends with Nate actually!! I watched him in person last game and he is playing great!! He's a very good talent. Cody Donaghey (sp?) however, has dropped off. For me, atleast.

Donaghey was never going to be a top 2 round pick. He is progressing well this year and should be a 5th-7th round pick.

He hasn't really dropped off, he actually looks much, much better this year compared to last year. Last season he looked like he wouldn't be drafted at all.

But I guess you mean they were both first round picks (Noel 3rd, Donaghey 14th) you expected more based their draft status?

NLInsider

Nov 29, 2013
NL Players playing elsewhere

Does anyone have an accurate count of NL players who have opted to play hockey on the mainland at various high schools such as Rothsay, OHA, CIHA, Notre Dame, etc? Just curious as to the logic for doing so.

NLInsider

Nov 29, 2013

Oh, ok. Ya you may be right about Cody. His NHL ranking is a bit optimistic. He's not getting a lot of serious looks anymore. His skating is great, his shooting is OK but there is something missing in his hockey sense. But with a strong agent....who knows??? Stranger things happen way too often.

Hockeyman33

May 23, 2014
Halifax
I really disagree here, but like I have said we all have opinions, what are some of the qualities of these goalies?

My list would be:
1. Colin Hunt
2. Kyle Alaverdy
3. Chris Smith
4. Connor McCarthy
5. Evan Buckle
6. Riley Akerman
7. Evan Davies

I would have to say that Evan Buckle is #1. He isnt given the chance to play or be seen because of politics in the system, and the who you know syndrom. No I am not a parent but have watched him play over the years. He played Junior this year and performed very well. This kid deserves a break.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looking forward to seeing these guys all play and hopefully make it to the NHL. Be nice to see one of them transform into a NHL superstar which we have never seen come out of this province.

NLInsider

Nov 29, 2013
I would have to say that Evan Buckle is #1. He isnt given the chance to play or be seen because of politics in the system, and the who you know syndrom. No I am not a parent but have watched him play over the years. He played Junior this year and performed very well. This kid deserves a break.

These guys are Junior B quality at best. The top 2 are Akerman and Smith. Smith had a bad year playing in front of a younger inexperienced D on the Privateers. Akerman played very well for the new expansion Osprey. Smith is property of the Saint John Sea Dogs and will get 1 more kick at playing Major Junior. Unfortunately, Akerman wasted a year playing in Ontario and fell off the radar.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
These guys are Junior B quality at best. The top 2 are Akerman and Smith. Smith had a bad year playing in front of a younger inexperienced D on the Privateers. Akerman played very well for the new expansion Osprey. Smith is property of the Saint John Sea Dogs and will get 1 more kick at playing Major Junior. Unfortunately, Akerman wasted a year playing in Ontario and fell off the radar.

Smith just turned 17 and has already played a game as a 16 year old. He has more than a kick at the can

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad