Top born 97's prospects in NFLD

hockeyman36

Dec 29, 2011
Scoutman I understand you're a scout for the Q? Who are some names we can look or from from the 97 group in Atlantic Canada to get drafted in their respective draft year, some Players and goalies?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I have to say I have not seen too many PEI 97s yet, so im going to leave them off the list...some guys I like though and I could be missing some guys because like I stated on a different page that this is not my league to scout but i go to games anyway to see how players translate.

Nova Scotia:

1. Layton Parsons. F. Cole Harbor
2. Nicholas Dawe. G. Bedford Blues
3. Colby Tower. F. Nova Jr X Men
4. Nicholas Welsh. F. Halifax Hawks
5. Jordan Messenger. F. Western
6. Jesse Murphy-Hamer. F. Bubba Rays
7. Campbell Pickard. F. Halifax Hawks
8. Logan MacLellan. F. Bubba Rays
9. Drew Packman. F. Bubba Rays
10. Noah Bauld. F. Bubba Rays
11. Brett Tidman. F. Kings Mutual
12. Ryan Yould. D. Bedford Blues
13. Dillon Boucher. F. Cole Harbor
14. Jordan Boyd. F. Bedford
15. Mitchell Baker. D. Western

New Brunswick:
1. Luc Deshenses. D. Fredricton Major Midget
2. Jacob Vance. D. Notre Dame
3. Jean-Michael Leblanc. F. Saint John
4. Alex Jacob. F. Moncton (would be 2nd if taller)
5. Francois Therieault. F. Peninsule

NFLD:

1. Nathan Noel. F. Shattuck
2. Adam Holwell. D. In Ontario I can not remember the team
3. Andrew Picco. D. Shattuck
4. Blake Dalton. F. and again im not sure his bantam team name lol

hockeyman36

Dec 29, 2011
I'm disappointed in the lack of goalies, Blake is playing for the CIH Voyageurs. No wonder NS is always such a dominant team at ACC. I also believe Holwell is playing in Missisauga.

TonyTinglebone

Oct 6, 2008
I have to say I have not seen too many PEI 97s yet, so im going to leave them off the list...some guys I like though and I could be missing some guys because like I stated on a different page that this is not my league to scout but i go to games anyway to see how players translate.

Nova Scotia:

New Brunswick:

NFLD:

I like the look of your NS list, I personally think Tower is the top Bantam age player in NS, but I could see arguments for 4 or 5 guys being at number 1. Judging by most of your comments you have seen a lot more of NS than I have and probably have a better handle on them

Just wondering if the following players were in consideration for your list,

D - Morgan Lunn - Western
D - Lucas Sangster - Truro
F - Randon Mackinnon - Nova

Also wondering if you have any thoughts on a few other NB kids that I view as being close with the guys you listed from NB (excluding Deschenes).

D - Will Thompson - Ontario Hockey Academy - Haven't seen him play this year, but looked really good last year and have heard that he has improved

F - Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers - He has looked like the most dominant player in NB Bantam I have seen this year

F - Spencer Buck - KV Vitos - Great finish and moves the puck well

F - Pat Daley - District 3 Caps - Great hands and good skater

hockeyman36

Dec 29, 2011
top goalies in newfoundland is,
1. evan davies
2. colin dunphy
3. kyle alaverdy
4. curtis reid
5. evan bukle
6. chris smith
7. connor mccarthy
( although chris smith was poe goalie for nl it was luck and conor played last year but dropped off a lot!)

I really disagree here, but like I have said we all have opinions, what are some of the qualities of these goalies?

My list would be:
1. Colin Hunt
2. Kyle Alaverdy
3. Chris Smith
4. Connor McCarthy
5. Evan Buckle
6. Riley Akerman
7. Evan Davies

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I like the look of your NS list, I personally think Tower is the top Bantam age player in NS, but I could see arguments for 4 or 5 guys being at number 1. Judging by most of your comments you have seen a lot more of NS than I have and probably have a better handle on them

Just wondering if the following players were in consideration for your list,

D - Morgan Lunn - Western
D - Lucas Sangster - Truro
F - Randon Mackinnon - Nova

Also wondering if you have any thoughts on a few other NB kids that I view as being close with the guys you listed from NB (excluding Deschenes).

D - Will Thompson - Ontario Hockey Academy - Haven't seen him play this year, but looked really good last year and have heard that he has improved

F - Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers - He has looked like the most dominant player in NB Bantam I have seen this year

F - Spencer Buck - KV Vitos - Great finish and moves the puck well

F - Pat Daley - District 3 Caps - Great hands and good skater

personally I think Parsons is ahead of Tower by a bit...bigger, stronger, better finisher...not that Tower is bad because he is very very good.

Mackinnon - I find him pretty good, I do not think he is going to be the player at the midget level I hope he might, he is fast, solid offensive skills, I think he will be a solid offensive player next year.

Lunn I find good but he is going need to get stronger and I hope A LOT bigger lol...he has decent offensive skills and is ok in his own zone.

I do not know Sangster at all.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island

Nova Scotia:

New Brunswick:

NFLD:

You mentioned you didnt see much of pei, of players you have seen so far who do you like?

top players could include

Max Morrisson
Cole Hacket
Johnathon Larter

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
You mentioned you didnt see much of pei, of players you have seen so far who do you like?

top players could include

Max Morrisson
Cole Hacket
Johnathon Larter

i have seen Hackett and I do like him, Max Morrisson, Ryan Steele, Parker Ronahan are the ones I saw and liked so far oh and Michael Evoy.

canada scout

Nov 28, 2011
i would like to know why you think that Evan Buckle is good? he could not even make the provincial camp last year? even when Colin Hunt dropped out. i would put him 6 or 7

canada scout

Nov 28, 2011
no he did and i watched him play this spring, i could easily name 5 goalies better than him along in nfld.

hockeyman36

Dec 29, 2011
no he did and i watched him play this spring, i could easily name 5 goalies better than him along in nfld.

Where did you watch him play and what were your thoughts, listen we all have opinions and mines not any better then yours, but I truely believe what your saying is influenced by a friendship or family.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
Had a chance to take in some games at the Salmon tourny in Miramichi, I know his output as far as points isn't that great but Johnathon Larter is PEIs number 1 97 prospect by a country mile.

hockeyman97s

Jan 15, 2012
i agree with you but this weekend i was out whatching a few major games, and nolan Leeco. luc Poirier, brandon Pottie, jesse Murphy-Hamer , Packman Drew these guys stood out to me, i havent hurd alot about some of them, have any thoughts? im looking to bring a team to new york over the summer and i just want someone elses opinion?

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
i agree with you but this weekend i was out whatching a few major games, and nolan Leeco. luc Poirier, brandon Pottie, jesse Murphy-Hamer , Packman Drew these guys stood out to me, i havent hurd alot about some of them, have any thoughts? im looking to bring a team to new york over the summer and i just want someone elses opinion?

Are you talking in bringing a team of all atlantic canada players. Or just nova scotia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad