Top born 97's prospects in NFLD

WeRtheProsSports*

Hey fellow hockey fans and scouts I am a scout who travels across Atlantic Canada looking for skilled prospects. I am from Bedford, NS & I have been to alot of tournament around Atlantic Canada looking for some talent.
Here are a list of a few players from Nl 97's who are talented
Fowards:
Nathan Noel Blake Dalton
Conal Mcnamara

Defenceman:
Adam Holwell
Andrew Picco
Ben Avery
Iain Gamba

Don`t be suprised to see some of these names in the next couple of years in the Q

I was also at the Irving Oil Challange Cup a week ago and will be giving more reports on Players born in 95 and 96 form Atlantic Canada soon.

Thanks,
Jamie Smith

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Hey fellow hockey fans and scouts I am a scout who travels across Atlantic Canada looking for skilled prospects. I am from Bedford, NS & I have been to alot of tournament around Atlantic Canada looking for some talent.
Here are a list of a few players from Nl 97's who are talented
Fowards:
Nathan Noel Blake Dalton
Conal Mcnamara

Defenceman:
Adam Holwell
Andrew Picco
Ben Avery
Iain Gamba

Don`t be suprised to see some of these names in the next couple of years in the Q

I was also at the Irving Oil Challange Cup a week ago and will be giving more reports on Players born in 95 and 96 form Atlantic Canada soon.

Thanks,
Jamie Smith

well Nathan Noel has the potential to be the next Nathan Mackinnon and he is going to Shattuck St Mary's next year, at the Atlantic Challenge Cup in Moncton, Noel has agents drooling in there seats and all came away way to impressed...I am a scout in the QMJHL and I went to watch NFLD since the U14 games were usually different times from the U16 which I was scouting so I got to see Noel a lot and he is super impressive. Also Picco on defense is a a gem as well scouts were also drooling over him and I also think he is going to Shattuck as well next year, those are two names to follow for the future.

Eleven

Solid As The Sun
Sep 22, 2009
Ohio
We need some scouts to come check out our '98s :)

My son's team is going Tier 1 this year, we're all excited!

WeRtheProsSports*

well Nathan Noel has the potential to be the next Nathan Mackinnon and he is going to Shattuck St Mary's next year, at the Atlantic Challenge Cup in Moncton, Noel has agents drooling in there seats and all came away way to impressed...I am a scout in the QMJHL and I went to watch NFLD since the U14 games were usually different times from the U16 which I was scouting so I got to see Noel a lot and he is super impressive. Also Picco on defense is a a gem as well scouts were also drooling over him and I also think he is going to Shattuck as well next year, those are two names to follow for the future.

Yes Picco is going too, I think the other D-Men are very impressive as well. Their puck movement, skating and shootting are exceptional. I will try to have a closer look into these players because I am sure you will hear of these names in the future

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
who would be some of the top born 97's prospects from Nova scotia?

1. Colby Tower. F. Nova Jr X
He might get special exception to play Major Midget next year, he is fast, tough, excellent hands, very smart, gritty, great leader, excellent playmaker and established scorer.

2. Layton Parsons. F. Cole Harbor
Big, great hands, excellent shooting ability, creative, needs to work on skating, this guy has A LOT of raw potential and is very skilled as it is, once he gets stronger and faster this guy is going to be an amazing hockey player.

3. Randon MacKinnon. F. Nova Jr X
A very good playmaker, great vision and passing, has a lot of patients and is very good at controling hte play, this guy is NOT related to Nathan, but his skill level is very very high.

4. Nicholas Dawe. G. Bedford
good size now, he is fast in nets excellent positional play, very good focus, he has a lot of potential to be a big time goalie.

5. Campbell Pickard. F. Halifax
Very hard worker, excellent aggressivness, good shooter, capable passer, his two way play, strength and hard work make him a great prospect.

6. Vinny Andrea. F. Northside Vikings
I actually have not seen this guy play yet, heard a lot of things about him he could very well be higher on this list but ill wait untill I see him this year.

other names are Nicholas Welsh. D. Halifax, Luc Poirier. F, Bedford, Brandon Worthen. D. Dartmouth, Daneil Keough. D. Sydney, Kirkland White. F. Sydney, Jesse Murphy Hamer. F. Bubba Rays.

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
what are some qualities from Nick Welsh, Brandon Worthen, Jesse Hamer and Luc Poirer?

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
1. Colby Tower. F. Nova Jr X
He might get special exception to play Major Midget next year, he is fast, tough, excellent hands, very smart, gritty, great leader, excellent playmaker and established scorer.

2. Layton Parsons. F. Cole Harbor
Big, great hands, excellent shooting ability, creative, needs to work on skating, this guy has A LOT of raw potential and is very skilled as it is, once he gets stronger and faster this guy is going to be an amazing hockey player.

3. Randon MacKinnon. F. Nova Jr X
A very good playmaker, great vision and passing, has a lot of patients and is very good at controling hte play, this guy is NOT related to Nathan, but his skill level is very very high.

4. Nicholas Dawe. G. Bedford
good size now, he is fast in nets excellent positional play, very good focus, he has a lot of potential to be a big time goalie.

5. Campbell Pickard. F. Halifax
Very hard worker, excellent aggressivness, good shooter, capable passer, his two way play, strength and hard work make him a great prospect.

6. Vinny Andrea. F. Northside Vikings
I actually have not seen this guy play yet, heard a lot of things about him he could very well be higher on this list but ill wait untill I see him this year.

other names are Nicholas Welsh. D. Halifax, Luc Poirier. F, Bedford, Brandon Worthen. D. Dartmouth, Daneil Keough. D. Sydney, Kirkland White. F. Sydney, Jesse Murphy Hamer. F. Bubba Rays.

Scoutman1...? what would be some good qualities of Nick Welsh, Brandon Worthen, Jesse Hamer, And Luc Poirier?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Scoutman1...? what would be some good qualities of Nick Welsh, Brandon Worthen, Jesse Hamer, And Luc Poirier?

Welsh is a very good offensive dman he becomes that 4th forward and makes things look easy adding offense from the point for such a young man.

Worthen I like he plays good in his own zone, has good vision and passing for his age, I think he has good potential though for the future, and he will have good size as well.

Hamer is a very good goal scorer, excellent hands and a good shooter, I would like to see him more next year though I never got to see him as much as I wanted to this year.

Poirier is a tricky puck handler, he has good hands and shooting, and is a decent playmaker too, one thing scares me with him...LOL he reminds me of a young Patrick MacIsaac who was highly ranked as a bantam but never turned out as a midget player, he has good skill he is one of those guys I would like to see when he is older.

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
Welsh is a very good offensive dman he becomes that 4th forward and makes things look easy adding offense from the point for such a young man.

Worthen I like he plays good in his own zone, has good vision and passing for his age, I think he has good potential though for the future, and he will have good size as well.

Hamer is a very good goal scorer, excellent hands and a good shooter, I would like to see him more next year though I never got to see him as much as I wanted to this year.

Poirier is a tricky puck handler, he has good hands and shooting, and is a decent playmaker too, one thing scares me with him...LOL he reminds me of a young Patrick MacIsaac who was highly ranked as a bantam but never turned out as a midget player, he has good skill he is one of those guys I would like to see when he is older.

So you don't think luc poirer will turn out very well when he gets older?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
So you don't think luc poirer will turn out very well when he gets older?

didn't say that, Poirer is very skilled, any of these players can go either way...i just said he reminds me of....MacIsaac never used his teammates in midget at all until he knew he could get an assist, have to see how poirer turns out he has the skills to be a great player.

ScoutEagle12

Aug 16, 2011
A lot of the kids mentioned in this thread are impressive hockey players. I've watched a lot of them play but if anything comparing Luc Poirier to Pat MacIsaac is a good thing. MacIsaac was drafted to Jr A in the fourth round and has been trying the NCAA route. His other siblings both played NCAA D1 sports in the states. Luc Poirier has a great set of skills as well as a good worth ethic. MacIsaac did lack the ability to use his team mates but then went to play prep school in the states to pursue NCAA options. When he returned he had something like 30 assists and 10 goals in major midget. From rumors i hear he has committed to a Jr A team in Ontario and has been talking to a few division 1 schools. So all in all, MacIsaac panned out, so far, to be a good player. The Nathan Noel kid is a great hockey player to, and reminds me of Alex Noel who played for PEI Rocket this year. He is a shifty player that works hard in both ends.

ScouterMan

Aug 23, 2011

I've been hearing a lot about Thomas Bakeeff, have you heard anything about him?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Plenty of chatter of '97's last year. How about '98 players? Who are they?

the four major ones in Nova Scotia are:

1. Mitchell Balmas--Forward--Breton Sports (Cape Breton) 15 18 04 22
2. Brett Crossely--Forward--Pro Hockey Life (Cole Harbour) 14 09 07 16
3. Keith Getson--Forward--Western Hurricans 14 09 12 21
4. Alexander Arab--Forward--Bedford Blues 12 09 04 13

Balmas is 3rd in league scoring

Aznguy

Aug 5, 2011
you know any guys in the GTHL AAA or AA that could make it to the OHL? This guy in my class is playing AA and he's the nephew of Adam Oates, appearantly he's got great hands and great vision but he's a little small.

TonyTinglebone

Oct 6, 2008
the four major ones in Nova Scotia are:

1. Mitchell Balmas--Forward--Breton Sports (Cape Breton) 15 18 04 22
2. Brett Crossely--Forward--Pro Hockey Life (Cole Harbour) 14 09 07 16
3. Keith Getson--Forward--Western Hurricans 14 09 12 21
4. Alexander Arab--Forward--Bedford Blues 12 09 04 13

Balmas is 3rd in league scoring

Watched Arab play this past weekend. He looked very good for Bedford. Calm with the puck and makes really smart plays.

Nauss (TASA Bubba Rays) and Poirier (Nova Jr X-Men) looked pretty good from what I saw this past weekend as well for NS 98's

Some guys from NB to keep a watch on from what I have seen so far this year are Sam King (KV Vitos), Ben Reade (Moncton Hawks) and Ryan Kenny (Northern Blackhawks).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad