TSN: Top 50 players, PK Subban #27, Carey Price #51

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You have to think that #51 was put there just to appease the mass.....:laugh:

Just a way to not have too many e-mails from Habs fans I guess...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think Subban should be higher than 7th on the blueline and I think Price should be ahead of Bobrovski. I don't agree with a lot of this list but I guess it is what it is.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I have no issue with Subban being behind Chara, Weber, Doughty, Suter, Karlsson and Keith. Those are big time players.
That's fine. Personally I have Chara and Weber as one, two after that it's fuzzy. Personally I'd have Subban 3rd but those others are strong too.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Keep in mind these '"top X" things are very affected by the reputations of players. Subban is now seen as one of the top dmen in the league after roughly a 40 game stretch. If he keeps up that level of play this season, expect him near the top 15.

But anyway. Forwards are always overvalued in these type of things. Parise ahead of Subban at this point in time is laughable.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Keep in mind these '"top X" things are very affected by the reputations of players. Subban is now seen as one of the top dmen in the league after roughly a 40 game stretch. If he keeps up that level of play this season, expect him near the top 15.

But anyway. Forwards are always overvalued in these type of things. Parise ahead of Subban at this point in time is laughable.

So is Getzlaf.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think Subban should be higher than 7th on the blueline and I think Price should be ahead of Bobrovski. I don't agree with a lot of this list but I guess it is what it is.

It's strange that a Vezina win in a shortened season jumps Bobrovsky ahead of more proven players but a Norris win (also shortened season obviously) by Subban doesn't take him as far. Especially when Subban was a number one D the season before and Bob had a +3GAA and a sub .900 save percentage.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Toews is wicked but man I don't see how he's ahead of Stamkos. And Tavares at 13th is also surprising to me, I thought he'd be higher. Getzlaff and Beregeron are way too high in my opinion. Lundqvist is too low.
It's strange that a Vezina win in a shortened season jumps Bobrovsky ahead of more proven players but a Norris win (also shortened season obviously) by Subban doesn't take him as far. Especially when Subban was a number one D the season before and Bob had a +3GAA and a sub .900 save percentage.
Bobrovsky obviously did things the white way.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Toews is wicked but man I don't see how he's ahead of Stamkos. And Tavares at 13th is also surprising to me, I thought he'd be higher. Getzlaff and Beregeron are way too high in my opinion. Lundqvist is too low.

I'm so tired of the Toews hyping now... It's getting so old... The freaking media is actually making me hate a player that I liked. It's not cool.
Toews shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Let's say he's the best clutch player of the league.

No he's not.

And don't come here talking to me about intangibles.

A hockey player is a hockey player.

When you're the third best player in the league, you shouldn't need to be clutch.

Maxime Talbot is clutch. Bergeinheim was clutch three years ago. Cammalleri was clutch.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No he's not.

When you're the third best player in the league, you shouldn't need to be clutch.

Maxime Talbot is clutch. Bergeinheim was clutch three years ago. Cammalleri was clutch.
Well Toews was badass against Chara in the 2nd half of the finals. He really was the difference in that series. He went to the net and paid the price and it was beautiful to watch. Exactly what this team has needed in forever.

But like I said, I don't have him 3rd... no way.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Price being out of the top50 is another proof he proved nothing at all so far. He has potential for sure but he needs to step his game up.

I have alot of respect for Sidney Crosby but when I heard him saying that Price is the best goalie of the NHL I was laughing my azz off. I think he'll be alot better in the next few years but as we speak right now he's not top5 oh no no ! I wish him a great season.

For P.K Subban we can say 27th best player in the whole league for the 1st time he makes the list isnt bad at all but he's even better than that honestly ! Im a habs fan but I do watch alot of hockey games from other clubs and there's not 10 P.K Subban in this league im just being honest here. That guy does everything. He plays in all situations, he has a canon shot, skating is off the chart, he's really physical he hits hard and score goals. I love Erik Karlsson but overall in no way he's a better D than Subban forget it ! He's maybe more gifted offensively a bit but Subban brings more aspects that's not even a debate.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Them having him as a top 5 goalie is proof he proved nothing ?

u know what I mean dont tryna be a smartass

If Price would be as good as some people say he would be in the top50 ! That's it.

Does it means he's not good ? No !

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
No he's not.

Jonathan Toews is a dominant force in all three zones. You're selling him short.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Chara, Weber, and Doughty are all ahead of Subban, yes.

Karlsson? We've been here before. Karlsson is better offensively as Karlsson is ahead of every other blueliner offensively and in the past few years only Mike Green at his best has been anywhere near the same league as Karlsson offensively.

Suter and Keith are overrated, and Subban is better than both of them. Well, Keith is debatable, but his offense is inconsistent and the Keith-Seabrook partnership is more democratic than anyone Subban has played with.

When it comes to Suter, I can confidently say Subban is better. For all the praise he got for his minutes last year, he got slaughtered on possession. By the end of the year he wasn't even the best defender on his team considering how good Brodin looked.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Wanna add also that Marian Hossa should be higher, people who really know their hockey know what im talking about, Hossa's talent is recognized but still underrated alot its funny.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price being out of the top50 is another proof he proved nothing at all so far. He has potential for sure but he needs to step his game up.

I have alot of respect for Sidney Crosby but when I heard him saying that Price is the best goalie of the NHL I was laughing my azz off. ...
21 posts and you made my ignore list. It's a new lap record. Nice to have you back careycosts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad