Proposal: Top 4 or better d-man to Florida

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How about Petrovic + McGinn (IR 3.3M pending UFA) + Borgstrom/unprotected 2019 1st for Braun + M. Karlsson + 2nd

The value to San Jose is turing a 2nd into a first (or Borgstrom) along with 2019-2020 cap space to help sign E. Karlsson. For Florida, they get a huge upgrade from Petrovic to Braun, at the cost of probably 30 positions in the draft and some cap space next year. (Melker is bit overpaid 4th ligner but still serviceable, so slight negative value).

Would definitely prefer it be the 2019 1st instead of Borgstorm but even then, I don't like the unprotected part of the 1st either. No thanks.

Pesce and 1st

For

Barkov.

I'd do Huberdeau + Pysyk + 2020 3rd for Pesce + 2019 2nd

Trouba for Trochek
or
Trouba and Ehlers for Barkov.

Barkov is a no go, he has top 5/10 player potential, just named him Captain.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I could see a Trouba going to Florida with Borgstrom and a d man prospect going to Winnipeg.

I like Trouba a lot but the guy doesn't stay healthy. So it's a no go imo.

If Minnesota is out of a playoff spot at the deadline I would trade spurgeon + neideritter for Borgstrom + petrovic

I'm high on Spurgeon but leave Niederriter out.

Spurgeon for Tippett+Petro/Pysyk?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
his career high prior to last year was 28 points and he has broken 20 points 4x in his 8 year career. He is not a 30 point D-man.
42 pts last season and 5 pts in 6 games so far this season says he's a 30 pt D-man.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The going rate for a quality top 4 defenseman on a reasonable contract is a 1st.
What 1st? A top 5 pick, a bottom 5, or somewhere in between?
Which top "quality" Dman? Parayko? Subban? Edler? Sekera? Gardiner? Phaneuf? Scandella?
What is the desired contract status and age? Handedness?

Statements like the one quoted above are useless without details. Saying a "top 4 dman" means by definition that it could be any of of 124 Dmen. Saying "quality" without defining what quality means to you, is too vague.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Borgstrom is nice of course as a prospect, Petrovic I’m not so sure about.

If we are talking after the season, Petro is a UFA. Better make it Pysyk instead.

Make it Borgstrom + Pysyk + Petro and I do it tomorrow. Then move Myers.

Need to move before the price on Borgstrom goes any higher or before someone else snaps him up.

Reactions: Hunter368

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Stone could probably be had from Calgary. He is basically a fringe 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad