Proposal: Top 4 or better d-man to Florida

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Jets are in a win mode this year. They need Trouba. Can't see trading him this year. Really there is no logic in trading him. Good teams don't worry next year contracts or even UFA status in two years. They are trying to win now.
Next summer the Jets need cap relief so yes, Trouba could be moved and probably moved.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Minnesota is out of a playoff spot at the deadline I would trade spurgeon + neideritter for Borgstrom + petrovic

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Are you crazy?
I didn’t believe so, do you think a 29 year old #2d and a 27 year old top 6 winger isn’t worth a top 4 defensmen and a potential 1C in he future. I certainly do in the situation that we’re out of the playoffs.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What does Florida want for a Sportsnet top 15 best defenseman in the league, Jeff Petry?

What about Petry + Suzuki for Borgstrom + Pysyk?

Reactions: Intact

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Any Florida prospect is available for the right return.

What could we realistically get? Who is available?

You'd have to take one of Pysyk or Petrovic too.

The Canes have top-4 D to spare...but because the Canes have top-4 D to spare, taking back Petrovic or Pysyk is a deal-breaker.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Jets are in a win mode this year. They need Trouba. Can't see trading him this year. Really there is no logic in trading him. Good teams don't worry next year contracts or even UFA status in two years. They are trying to win now.
Next summer the Jets need cap relief so yes, Trouba could be moved and probably moved.
I've seen Trouba in 2 Jets games this year, granted on TV, and he hasn't looked very good. If he keeps it up his value will drop so the Jets might find themselves in a mid-season dilemma as to when they should move him. It looks a s though Morrisey is the D-man of their future.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
@King Trouty

Thoughts on Muzzin/Martinez?
Hey, broski! Both are still top 4 guys. They are just paired together and are atrocious as a combo. They always have been bad when paired together, I’m not sure why Stevens is hell bent on keeping Martinez/Muzzin a thing. They need to be split up, just as they were last year when they proved how bad they were as a pair.

Having said that, both are LHD, I’d say Martinez is the better skater (he’s on ice a lot for our 3v3 OTs, in which we generally have dominated the last few years — one of the few things we’re still good at) but Muzzin is the better all around d of the two. Martinez is, generally, near or at the top of the league lead in blocking shots, and he gives you 30-35 points a year at 20-21 mins a night. Muzzin gives you 40pts at 22 mins a night, is good at transition, great along the boards, good playmaker, decent outlet pass, good at positioning.

All of this with the caveat that it all goes down the toilet when they are on the same pairing, as has been the case for the whole start to the Kings’ season. They cannot play together, it was already known. So take their first 6 games this season with a grain of salt.

Both are signed at 4M aav. Muzzin is 29 and has one year after this one left on his contract. Martinez is 31 with two years left after this one.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Hey, broski! Both are still top 4 guys. They are just paired together and are atrocious as a combo. They always have been bad when paired together, I’m not sure why Stevens is hell bent on keeping Martinez/Muzzin a thing. They need to be split up, just as they were last year when they proved how bad they were as a pair.

Having said that, both are LHD, I’d say Martinez is the better skater (he’s on ice a lot for our 3v3 OTs, in which we generally have dominated the last few years — one of the few things we’re still good at) but Muzzin is the better all around d of the two. Martinez is, generally, near or at the top of the league lead in blocking shots, and he gives you 30-35 points a year at 20-21 mins a night. Muzzin gives you 40pts at 22 mins a night, is good at transition, great along the boards, good playmaker, decent outlet pass, good at positioning.

All of this with the caveat that it all goes down the toilet when they are on the same pairing, as has been the case for the whole start to the Kings’ season. They cannot play together, it was already known. So take their first 6 games this season with a grain of salt.

Both are signed at 4M aav. Muzzin is 29 and has one year after this one left on his contract. Martinez is 31 with two years left after this one.

Thank you good sir!

Man, time flies, didn't realize Martinez was over 30.
Still remember that GW goal in the SC where the horn went off for over a minute lol.

Sounds like either one would be an upgrade over the crap we got lol.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->