Proposal: Top 4 or better d-man to Florida

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
woof this is bad for the Panthers
Well I see Bjugstads value up and down on these boards. I know it helps cap wise. I know Scherbak just needs a shot and I could see him fitting in, in Florida.

So Petry has good value right now and could help the Panthers. Heponiemi is good and helps value I find.

Pysyk is just a throw in according to this thread.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately those teams don't really have anything that fits the Jets' needs, all 3 of those teams need Cs too and I'm not sure what else the Jets need. The only thing I could see Florida adding is picks, which the Jets have no need for. So Pysyk + Borgstrom + 2nd? I'm not sure what else the Panthers could add that would be of interest to the Jets.

I would do that deal this summer

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Well I see Bjugstads value up and down on these boards. I know it helps cap wise. I know Scherbak just needs a shot and I could see him fitting in, in Florida.

So Petry has good value right now and could help the Panthers. Heponiemi is good and helps value I find.

Pysyk is just a throw in according to this thread.
Petry reeks of a guy a team overpays for and then wonders why he goes back to being a 10-20 point low end #4 once he stops getting a ton of PP time

Reactions: FinlandPanther

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
How about Petrovic + McGinn (IR 3.3M pending UFA) + Borgstrom/unprotected 2019 1st for Braun + M. Karlsson + 2nd

The value to San Jose is turing a 2nd into a first (or Borgstrom) along with 2019-2020 cap space to help sign E. Karlsson. For Florida, they get a huge upgrade from Petrovic to Braun, at the cost of probably 30 positions in the draft and some cap space next year. (Melker is bit overpaid 4th ligner but still serviceable, so slight negative value).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Petry reeks of a guy a team overpays for and then wonders why he goes back to being a 10-20 point low end #4 once he stops getting a ton of PP time
He was a 30 points D before getting 1st PP time... Idk. You reek of a guy that doesn't know much about Petry, maybe ?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Considering he and his family live in Florida...

Voynov to Florida for a conditional pick would be the perfect fit.

Top 4 RHD, in a quiet sunbelt market where the player and his family live, where the GM has shown a willingness to acquire a bit of a tainted player (Hoffman). Russian contingent. He's also friends with a few of the current roster players.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
He was a 30 points D before getting 1st PP time... Idk. You reek of a guy that doesn't know much about Petry, maybe ?
his career high prior to last year was 28 points and he has broken 20 points 4x in his 8 year career. He is not a 30 point D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad