Value of: Top 3 destinations for Pietrangelo?

[VOTE 3] What do you think are the most likely 3 destinations for Pie?

• Total voters

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
But I think Florida has something to offer that's different than a lot of places in that they have nice weather and no income tax.
z

Nice weather when its not hurricane season. Colorado has income tax but also has more sunshine days than California and Florida every year. And no hurricanes. And he gets a team ready to compete for a cup with a cupboard full of top notch prospects waiting in the wings

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Florida could do it if we move out one of Stralman/Yandle. Would any team take their full hit/replace their hit with a C hit if we toss in futures?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If the Leafs land AP, where do they rank in the NHL in terms of defence? Top 10?

Top 4:
Rielly Pietrangelo
Muzzin Holl

Bottom pair would be a combo of Dermott Sandin Liljegren Lehtonen.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If the Leafs land AP, where do they rank in the NHL in terms of defence? Top 10?

Top 4:
Rielly Pietrangelo
Muzzin Holl

Tough to say: top 3 looks good. Curious how PP time will be split for the Leafs though: except for last season (where Rielly's point totals fell due to injury and probably PP total), both MR and AP play a lot on top PP; it could affect how the D looks.

I do wonder what has to give though for AP.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Tough to say: top 3 looks good. Curious how PP time will be split for the Leafs though: except for last season (where Rielly's point totals fell due to injury and probably PP total), both MR and AP play a lot on top PP; it could affect how the D looks.

I do wonder what has to give though for AP.

It would likely/hopefully lead to them putting together 2 potent powerplay units. Matthews was in many ways more effective when on his own.

As for where it ranks, realistically, you have a definite top 10 dman in Pietrangelo, a guy that could be better than him when healthy in Rielly, Jake Muzzin who is probably a top 50 defenceman, and Justin Holl who has shown to be a solid number 4 guy.

Even with youth at the bottom end -- there is a lot of upside there. I think they quite easily rank top 5, with Carolina being the 1 team that stands out to me. You can probably put them pretty close to Tampa.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

Not sure if anybody saw Calgary in the mix but it makes sense considering the amount of room they are opening up on the blue line.

I don't know that I would say we've opened up that room. It's just what happens when you have 3/4 of your RD as UFA at the same time

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Many reporters who have directly spoken to Petro have said it’s mostly Toronto or st l

Lebrun added Vegas. Friedman (who hasn’t claimed to speak to him directly) says Vegas is 1.

carlo C has never mentioned Vegas.

I wonder if NYR jump in at the last minute. They are generally the most attractive market

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Many reporters who have directly spoken to Petro have said it’s mostly Toronto or st l

Lebrun added Vegas. Friedman (who hasn’t claimed to speak to him directly) says Vegas is 1.

I wonder if NYR jump in at the last minute. They are generally the most attractive market
Do you have a link to these many reporters?

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Top 4:
Rielly Pietrangelo
Muzzin Holl

No but not far out.. top 12 or 13 ..

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

They are clearing space... maybe they surprise. With 1st overall selection and a future all star in net with Shesterkin it makes them more attractive and I can see Rangers being a dark horse although they always sign UFA.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Toronto
Colorado
Montreal

Montreal's pitch is Petry; similar family situation (young kids/wife) --- but hard sell for Pietrangelo and even moreso for his Wife (who obviously has some say in this decision) --- they are still young enough that the French would be maybe a benefit instead of a detriment but hard sell regardless

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Top 4:
Rielly Pietrangelo
Muzzin Holl

Looks like top 15, with a chance to move up if the rookies are decent.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Who are top 5 you think?
Tampa, Boston, Dallas, nyi, Carolina, Nashville, st Louis .....next teir philly , Colorado, Montreal, calgary, vegas
Next tier, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Washington, Florida, Arizona,

All these teams right now have a better and deeper D core than leafs ... adding AP would be huge but how many of these teams would it put them past? Certainly not Nashville, Tampa, Boston, dallas, NYi, carolina, st Louis, ...one could argue that Colorado, Vegas, montreal, Pittsburgh, Washington, and Vancouver would still be better ....

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Tampa, Boston, Dallas, nyi, Carolina, Nashville, st Louis .....next teir philly , Colorado, Montreal, calgary, vegas

All these teams right now have a better and deeper D core than leafs ... adding AP would be huge but how many of these teams would it put them past? Certainly not Nashville, Tampa, Boston, dallas, NYi, carolina, st Louis, ...one could argue that Colorado, Vegas, montreal, Pittsburgh, Washington, and Vancouver would still be better ....

I don’t think they need to pass those teams to be successful. Just improving the defence to be competitive would be a huge start.

Keefes changes + a legit top pairing defenceman to play 25 mins a night. Something I would be excited for.

Reactions: wintersej

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I don’t think they need to pass those teams to be successful. Just improving the defence to be competitive would be a huge start.

Keefes changes + a legit top pairing defenceman to play 25 mins a night. Something I would be excited for.
Yes agreed.. i didn't say they needed to pass them, just thoese teams have a better D... Pittsburgh won back to back cups with an average D..Washington too...

Reactions: Merrrlin

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
What do you think are the most likely 3 destinations for Pie?

Vote 3.

He will end up being Ranger. Forget Toronto, they are in cap hell. I see a few mention the Islanders. Look at our cap situation, its never going to happen either.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga

You’re using rosters from this season. AP would be added to next years roster. Without knowing where players sign I’d argue half those are much weaker than the Leafs with AP next season without returning players. Even adding some back there are a lot of free agents on those teams that aren’t expected back.

Saying this I’d wonder who your top 25 dmen are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad