Top 1995 Prospects (2013 NHL Draft)

HockeyMonkey3

May 7, 2011
Quebec
Based on the scouting reports coming out of the USA Hockey Development Camp Select 17's in Rochester, NY you will most likely see 2 late 94's from Massachusetts being drafted in the early rounds of the 2013 NHL Draft. One is a highly skilled forward who is the son of an ex NHL'er and the other is a strong skating, physical, puck moving defenceman.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Couture, Toffoli, Locke?

Im more impressed personally with Monahan especially at his age. He earned top 6 minutes towards the end of the season as a 15 year old on a pretty veteran roster. Im going to say he's the most successful and dominant NHLer the 67s produced since Gary Roberts

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Based on the scouting reports coming out of the USA Hockey Development Camp Select 17's in Rochester, NY you will most likely see 2 late 94's from Massachusetts being drafted in the early rounds of the 2013 NHL Draft. One is a highly skilled forward who is the son of an ex NHL'er and the other is a strong skating, physical, puck moving defenceman.

Are you talking about 2012 BC recruits ryan fitzgerald and teddy dohrerty?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Charlie Plenik - dman prospect out of the Southeast that's quickly making a name for himself. Great size (6'4) already and has already been given a full scholarship to play at North Dakota. If he has any more growth in him he could be another Oleksiak/Myers type prospect. Plays with a nasty streak to his game.

I've seen him play a few times - big, physical defensemen but lacks offensive ability IMO. He should be drafted in the top few rounds but will have to round out his game a bit.

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008
Got to see a little bit of Steve Santini. To put it simply he is a man child. Huge frame, but becuase he has been that size for a couple of years now he has very advanced feet. Not overly phyiscal, but played well in a decent junior league. A great shot and first pass. To me his composure and hockey sense stood out for such a young player. I see him as a future captain and pro player down the road. Not sure how high his upside is, but just a steady solid d man. I want to say that he will have a good impact for the NTDP because of the level he played at, and the head on his shoulders.

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008
I heard that MacKinnon is a Sidney Crosby-type. And the similarites are alarming!!

- Both very young for their draft year (Sid born 8/7 and Nathan born 9/1)
- Both are Nova Scotia products (Sid, Cole Harbor and Nathan, Dartmouth)
- Both play the center ice position
- The last letter of the first and last name are the same
- Both attended Shattuck St. Mary's
- Both are/were the next draft following CBA renegotiations.
- Could both be the prime target in a league-wide lottery??? Oy, I sure hope not!!!

They are also both humans and I think they both play hockey. Haha I am kidding. What type of a player do you see him at the NHL level because some of my sources in the midwest said that he plays a skill game but power game as well right now. Seeing his size I doubt he can keep the latter style up even next year. I am excited to watch him develop though.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Alex Forsberg and Curtis Lazar will be top picks from the Dub. Both made noticeable impacts in their AP games last year.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
From Germany Dominik Kahun might warrant a second look. This is solely bases on stats but they are pretty good, although he seems to be rather small.

Christian Scharr on the other hand definitely has the size, but I am not so sure about the skills.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Who? No need to use initials.

Looks like he's talking about Seth Jones and Ryan Hartman. Everyone around here knows about Jones, and he could definitely be a top 5 pick in his draft. Hartman is a very good player as well, but I'm not sure he'll be a first rounder, let alone a top 5 pick.

Either way, they're not relevant as this thread is supposed to be about '95s.

KingJet*

Just to clear something up, Forsberg is not that good, he just got picked high cause he played for a poor beardy's team and could sort of keep up with provincial AAA and they trust that, he does have good hands, shot and toughness though so he could do alright in the NHL.

Curtis Lazar, this kid is unbelievable, I think hes going to be a for sure star, challenges Mackinnon CHL rookie of the year.

Madison Bowey is another one to watch out for hes the next Drew Doughty heading to the best junior team for developing Defenseman, Kelowna. Also had a good U-16 and best 1995 skater.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I heard that MacKinnon is a Sidney Crosby-type. And the similarites are alarming!!

- Both very young for their draft year (Sid born 8/7 and Nathan born 9/1)
- Both are Nova Scotia products (Sid, Cole Harbor and Nathan, Dartmouth)
- Both play the center ice position
- The last letter of the first and last name are the same
- Both attended Shattuck St. Mary's
- Both are/were the next draft following CBA renegotiations.
- Could both be the prime target in a league-wide lottery??? Oy, I sure hope not!!!
I know this post is from a few weeks ago, but just to be clear, Nathan is a product of Cole Harbour Minor Hockey just like Sid, not Dartmouth. I'm from Cole Harbour so I need to make sure we get that credit.:laugh:

That said, Nathan isn't on the same level as Sid was. Still a beauty.

notlp

Aug 13, 2011
Illinois Possibilities

Any good Illinois players who have a shot of being drafted? I'd like to hear about this.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Just to clear something up, Forsberg is not that good, he just got picked high cause he played for a poor beardy's team and could sort of keep up with provincial AAA and they trust that, he does have good hands, shot and toughness though so he could do alright in the NHL.

Curtis Lazar, this kid is unbelievable, I think hes going to be a for sure star, challenges Mackinnon CHL rookie of the year.

Madison Bowey is another one to watch out for hes the next Drew Doughty heading to the best junior team for developing Defenseman, Kelowna. Also had a good U-16 and best 1995 skater.

Bowey is amazing...but best 95 skater is Nathan Mackinnon with a very very close 2nd being Anthony Duclair.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Anthony Duclair pretty much confirmed he'll stay in Quebec and won't go to USHL/NCAA. :yo:

358212-anthony-duclair-ne-parlait-pas.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad