Top 1995 Prospects (2013 NHL Draft)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Just a general statement among the 1995 forwards I've seen in the OHL this year. I've been incredibly impressed by the group, mostly because so many of them are already capable "all around" players who can contribute in all areas of the ice. And that includes physically too.

Guys like Max Domi, Ryan Kujawinski, Nick Baptiste, Nick Ritchie, Stephen Harper, Bo Horvat, etc.

I'm incredibly excited to see how they grow next year, considering how impressive (and mature) they've looked at times. Not often you see the top end 16 year olds in the league throwing their weight around and working the PK...like some of these guys do already.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Just a general statement among the 1995 forwards I've seen in the OHL this year. I've been incredibly impressed by the group, mostly because so many of them are already capable "all around" players who can contribute in all areas of the ice. And that includes physically too.

Guys like Max Domi, Ryan Kujawinski, Nick Baptiste, Nick Ritchie, Stephen Harper, Bo Horvat, etc.

I'm incredibly excited to see how they grow next year, considering how impressive (and mature) they've looked at times. Not often you see the top end 16 year olds in the league throwing their weight around and working the PK...like some of these guys do already.

2014 hehe hopefully he doesn't regress

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA

All those players are highly skilled and I can't wait to see how they develop over the next couple years. These players have all gotten comfortable in the OHL very quickly. Very impressed. I love Ritchie's physicality, he plays more like an older guy than a rookie.

Check these out:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6-JHnFnoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxo9GUe-eY

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
All those players are highly skilled and I can't wait to see how they develop over the next couple years. These players have all gotten comfortable in the OHL very quickly. Very impressed. I love Ritchie's physicality, he plays more like an older guy than a rookie.

Check these out:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6-JHnFnoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxo9GUe-eY

Wow! Those hits reminded me of the way Lindros would lay out guys back when he was a General. Does Ritchie have some type of boxing background training? He mixes his punches up very well, and really punishes these guys with his uppercuts. Scary to think what kind of power forward he'll be when he's 18. Thanks for posting.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Duclair has had an amazing start to 2012. He reminds me a lot of Matt Duchene's skating and Claude Giroux's stick handling.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Wow! Those hits reminded me of the way Lindros would lay out guys back when he was a General. Does Ritchie have some type of boxing background training? He mixes his punches up very well, and really punishes these guys with his uppercuts. Scary to think what kind of power forward he'll be when he's 18. Thanks for posting.

I remember hearing he plays competitive lacrosse during the summer, he has a really strong upper body and it shows.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Anyone know how Nick Sörensen looked for the ramparts before his injury? How good was he compared to the other young guys on that team?

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Mackinnon and Monahan are in the same class as Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, RNH. Playing in a men's league means nothing. Magnus Paajarvi played in a mens league and people thought he was going to easily outproduce Hall and Eberle but nope

I've been watching both these kids so much, and i can say that Barkov looks like generational talent at the moment ( mononucleosis might taken him few steps back, hopefully he makes it to u18 ). If Barkov were canadian kid he would be considered as 1st overall, he is that good, in fact hes by far the most skilled 16years old hockey player i've ever witnessed playing or played against and i did play against some exceptional players.

I was early bloomer and was give the opportunity to play against adults, all i can say i couldn't do even 1% of the fancy stuff i did against kid of my age( i was capable of toying them around and was able to make them so pissed with dangling and **** ). The skill required to go around experienced d-men whose faced similar plays like thousand times is just almost impossible and he is able to do that.

Just to clarify how hard league FEL is to play in:

Ilari Filppula:
Last year in AHL: 79 games and 64 points
This year in FEL: 43 games and 29 points

E: If i were a GM and had 1st draft pick i wouldn't hesitate even nanosecond to trade best player, 2nd and 3rd draft so i would grab both of these kids, that's how special they are at the moment.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I've been watching both these kids so much, and i can say that Barkov looks like generational talent at the moment ( mononucleosis might taken him few steps back, hopefully he makes it to u18 ). If Barkov were canadian kid he would be considered as 1st overall, he is that good, in fact hes by far the most skilled 16years old hockey player i've ever witnessed playing or played against and i did play against some exceptional players.

I was early bloomer and was give the opportunity to play against adults, all i can say i couldn't do even 1% of the fancy stuff i did against kid of my age( i was capable of toying them around and was able to make them so pissed with dangling and **** ). The skill required to go around experienced d-men whose faced similar plays like thousand times is just almost impossible and he is able to do that.

Just to clarify how hard league FEL is to play in:

Ilari Filppula:
Last year in AHL: 79 games and 64 points
This year in FEL: 43 games and 29 points

E: If i were a GM and had 1st draft pick i wouldn't hesitate even nanosecond to trade best player, 2nd and 3rd draft so i would grab both of these kids, that's how special they are at the moment.

Justin Hodgman:
Last year in AHL: 42 games and 29 points
This year in FEL: 57 games and 51 points

:naughty:

Edit: Barkovs numbers are terrific.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Justin Hodgman:
Last year in AHL: 42 games and 29 points
This year in FEL: 57 games and 51 points

:naughty:

Edit: Barkovs numbers are terrific.

Hodgman's only +11 despite the fact that he has 51 points and is playing in gazillion times better team than Barkov is. Barkov does have +5 with 16 points. Hes team also has terrible record at -50.

0.5/ppg with +5 as a 16y old rookie whose still playing in one of the worst teams in FEL.

E: This year at WJC when Canada made finns look fools with that 8-1 victory. If i remember correctly they didn't score even once when Barkov was on ice ( correct me if im wrong ).

Last edited:

jughead42*

Where's the love for Kerby Rychel? I know he's a 94, but he's eligible for the 2013 draft and he's been spectacular this year. With his robust physical game, and NHL bloodlines I'd be surprised if he wasn't taken in the first round. I think he's a better player than guys like Austin Watson and Greg Nemisz were when they played for Windsor at that age. He's got 38 goals this year so far, and he's been dragging Windsor into the playoffs on his back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad