Top 1995 Prospects (2013 NHL Draft)

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
I am interested in this age group and want to see the how this draft class develops. Mostly because I haven't had a chance to start veiwing a draft class before junior as well as I have viewed this draft class. With a combination of the Winter Games, and taking in Ontario minor midget. So, I want to see what kind the list of players, we can make up for potienal propsects in the top 3 rounds of the 2013 NHL draft.

Here are some of the prospects, I have either watched, read about or talked about. (I have a big Ontario bias, as i haven't watched 1995 hockey outside of Ontario and the Winter Games.)

No particular order:

Nathan MacKinnon - consensus number 1 right now?
Alex Forsberg - made lots of noise last year, haven't heard much lately
Max Domi - very good player, possibly Ontario's best forward.
Darnell Nurse - Domi's teammate, THN compared to Pronger, not sure about that.
Morgan Klimchuk - haven't heard about him before THN's FW11
Nick Baptiste - Very good forward, better then Domi? debatable.
Jordan Malleta - Powerforward from Ontario.
Nicholas Ritchie - Big winger, can score goals.
Steven Varga - Solid defenceman, probably later pick in draft.
Jordan Subban - similar to his brother, made news at winter games.
Steve Santini - american defenceman in ushl

I could go on and on but, this enough from me, i want to here different names

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Curtis lazar. Top scorer at canada games and captain of gold medal winning team bc. Went 2nd overall in whl bantam draft to forsberg but some say if it were done over he would go 1st

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Steve Santini is 6'3 - 180/190 as a 95'! O_O He is going to be very good.

Alex Forsberg has injury plagued year which has dropped the hype. He seriously reminds me of Joey Hishon.

Watch for Connor Rankin (Tri-City) the next two years. Will be the next premier powerforward in the dub.

Also you can't forget Seth Jones who is a very interesting prospect.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
This age group is one of the best age groups from finland if not best but everything can happen in 2 years. At this point Finlands top 3 prospect's are 1. Sasha Barkov 6'1 (C) 2. Rasmus Ristolainen 6'2 (D) (94 born 13 draftee) 3. Ville Husso 6'0 (G) Other good prospects Juuso Ikonen, Eetu Koivistoinen & Jonatan Tanus. Sasha Barkov is talented as russian with finnish work ethic and large frame, will most likely end up as 6'3.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
SWE:
Victor Crus-Rydberg
Lucas Wallmark
Victor Öhman
(Kevin Ekman Larsson)

these pops up in my head.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Charlie Plenik - dman prospect out of the Southeast that's quickly making a name for himself. Great size (6'4) already and has already been given a full scholarship to play at North Dakota. If he has any more growth in him he could be another Oleksiak/Myers type prospect. Plays with a nasty streak to his game.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Crus-Rydberg and Wallmark have really produced extremely well this season. VCRs stats from this Superelit is for example the second best ever by a 15-year old in that league. Lucas Wallmarks stats from j18-allsvenskan is the best ever by a 15-year old by a margin.

Rögles defenseman Anton Cederholm and Leksands Jacob de la Rose should also be mentioned among the very best swedes for that draft. I don't really know how good depth Sweden have for the 2013 draft, but there sure are some really standout talents at this point.

1. Victor Crus-Rydberg (Tingsryd/Linköping next season)
2. Lucas Wallmark (Skellefteå)
3. Anton Cederholm (Rögle)
4. Tobias Liljendahl (Djurgården)
5. Jacob de la Rose (Leksand)

edit: forgot about those lateborn kids that IT listed, Tommy Stenqvist (d-man from Timrå is another good one of those)

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
If Shinkaruk continues to develop like he did this year he will be a very high draft pick. Late 94 birthday, similar to Hall.

jntadt22

Mar 6, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Alex Smith

How about Alex Smith, from the Detroit area. Good size D-man playing on the Midget Major Honeybaked team as an underager. I'm curious if he'll go the OHL route. I guess we'll see come the May Draft and subsequent season!

KingJet*

Wheres Madison Bowey, fastest of the 95's, next Drew Doughty

What about Seth Jones, Cutris Lazar

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Patrik Koys? There's another good Slovak too from what I've heard, but apparently these two kids are great. Seen youtube footage of Koys and he looks like a good player.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Matt Needham and Alex Forsberg.

I really like Matt....will see both of them twice this weekend.

Also keep your eyes on late 94 birthdate Brett Stovin.....this kid will be a very good player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Matt Needham and Alex Forsberg.

I really like Matt....will see both of them twice this weekend.

Also keep your eyes on late 94 birthdate Brett Stovin.....this kid will be a very good player.

Was just recalled by the Blades today. Could potentially draw into a game this weekend with both Jake Trask and Ryan Olsen injured in last night's game and not playing Fri or Sat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad