Flyers' History: Top 10s in Flyers history and other recollections

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Another list. Best players, many HOF, that were Flyers near or at the end of of their career.

Lw
D Sittler
A secord

RW
T Amonte
J Jagr

C
P Forsberg
D Hawerchuk
V Lacavillier
A Oates
C macTavish
D ververgaurd

DEF
P Coffey
E hospador
U samuelson.....ick

G
C Resch
J van Veisbruck(sp?)
Don’t forget Hall of Fame Dman Allan Stanley who played his final season in Philly in 68-69. Also Ted Harris who won his 5th and final Cup ring with the Flyers in 1975.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Gotta find room for Al MacAdam. Went on to be a 90+ point scorer for the North Stars in 79-80. Traded to the Golden Seals as part of a package for Reggie Leach. Won the Masterson.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Gotta find room for Al MacAdam. Went on to be a 90+ point scorer for the North Stars in 79-80. Traded to the Golden Seals as part of a package for Reggie Leach. Won the Masterson.
MacAdam wasn’t included in the original trade for Leach, but, because the deal was so lopsided in the Flyers favor, the NHL voided it and MacAdam was then added into the final deal.

If only the NHL would step in and stop Cuck from making deals.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
My all time hate lineup, goal was the toughest but here goes

G: Bob Froese-acted like a true asshole in the fall of 86, but I never really hated him

D: Ulf Samuelsson
D: Fisto Fistolainen
This would be the D pair from hell. Paul Coffey would be in the running too

LW: Billy the rapist Tibbets AINEC, I hope he rots in hell
C: Kevin Hayes, the curse that keeps on giving
RW: Shawn Antoski , useless as a player, shitty as a fighter

Coach: AV
GM: Cuck

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The all time, we got them way too late team

G: John Vanbiesbrouk
D: Chris Pronger
D: Allan Stanley
LW: Darryl Sittler (yes he was primarily a C but he could and did play some LW too)
C: Peter Forsberg
RW: Jaromir Jagr

All but Beezer are in the HoF. Just imagine having all of the above in their prime, it would be glorious.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The all time, we got them way too late team

G: John Vanbiesbrouk
D: Chris Pronger
D: Allan Stanley
LW: Darryl Sittler (yes he was primarily a C but he could and did play some LW too)
C: Peter Forsberg
RW: Jaromir Jagr

All but Beezer are in the HoF. Just imagine having all of the above in their prime, it would be glorious.

Coffey?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I was humoring Couturier as an absolute machine, but I have a player that people really underrate that I'm gonna squeeze in somewhere. I'm going to assume this is at least presuming Peak As Flyer.

LeClair - Lindros - Recchi
Barber - Clarke - Richards
Brindamour - Giroux - Kerr
Propp - Poulin - Tocchet

Spare: Gagne

Howe - McCrimmon
Pronger - Ghost
Timonen - Jimmy Watson

Spare: Angry Coburn

Parent
Hextall

Spare: Lindbergh

PK1: Clarke/Rod
PK2: Giroux/Richards

I am very unsure in a vacuum Ghost should be there, but his status as first very successful homegrown dman in decades harkens to a time where optimism was possible, and I think Pronger/Ghost would just be really fun.

Giroux/Richards on the PK was a blast. There were a whole lot of PKs where they generated better chances than the PP
Garry Galley, Peter Svboda, Kevin Haller, Big Ben Wilson, Steve Duchesne, Bob Daily all over Ghost. Maybe even Ives Racine

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Garry Galley, Peter Svboda, Kevin Haller, Big Ben Wilson, Steve Duchesne, Bob Daily all over Ghost. Maybe even Ives Racine

For sure. Hell, probably Pitkanen and GKJ. And Desjardins who I just totally forgot to my shame.

That one is an experiment in fun, not practicality. Lot of better players overall but I feel like a Pronger/Ghost combo would have been really entertaining. Likewise, including Richards (even though he was indeed a beast at his peak) over several others is an exercise in enhancing the funness. I'm not in full business mode on this.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
For sure. Hell, probably Pitkanen and GKJ. And Desjardins who I just totally forgot to my shame.

That one is an experiment in fun, not practicality. Lot of better players overall but I feel like a Pronger/Ghost combo would have been really entertaining. Likewise, including Richards (even though he was indeed a beast at his peak) over several others is an exercise in enhancing the funness. I'm not in full business mode on this.
totally forgot about Kim as well. Matt Carle can add

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@MiamiScreamingEagles , @Captain Dave Poulin , would love to get your takes on this topic.

The problem I have with this is that I just want to list the 1987 team - if I'm being honest, very few other players come close. But then, some of those guys ended up pissing me off. Meaning Tocchet.

All-Time Team

Derrick Smith - Peter Zezel - Scott Mellanby
Ilkka Sinisalo - Dave Poulin - Tim Kerr
Murray Craven - Pelle Eklund - Bunny
Lindsay Carson - Mike Ricci - Reggie Leach

Mark Howe - Doug Crossman
Brad Marsh - Brad McCrimmon
J.J. Daigneault - Ghost

Ron Hextall
Pelle Lindbergh

The All-Time Hate List is going to take some time and research.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The problem I have with this is that I just want to list the 1987 team - if I'm being honest, very few other players come close. But then, some of those guys ended up pissing me off. Meaning Tocchet.

All-Time Team

Derrick Smith - Peter Zezel - Scott Mellanby
Ilkka Sinisalo - Dave Poulin - Tim Kerr
Murray Craven - Pelle Eklund - Bunny
Lindsay Carson - Mike Ricci - Reggie Leach

Mark Howe - Doug Crossman
Brad Marsh - Brad McCrimmon
J.J. Daigneault - Ghost

Ron Hextall
Pelle Lindbergh

The All-Time Hate List is going to take some time and research.
Certainly an interesting take. I would though put Howe with McCrimmon and Crossman with Marsh. Also, with the 87 theme in mind, no Propp?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad