Top 10 Fastest Skaters in NHL

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
these lists are getting pretty useless with the focus on speed.

but to insert my team's players here: marleau and boedker are pretty fast.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
People forget that because Kreider is built like a linebacker that he is not top five. I will put him in a race with anybody in the nhl. He is the freakiest athlete in the entire league.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Larkin mentioned that Eichel might be faster after winning the fastest skater contest.

Eichel won't get many votes. His stride is so deceiving. It's effortless looking, so it doesn't look like he's skating hard.

See his breakaway against Chicago. Seabrook is skating as hard as he can to catch Eichel. Eichel hardly looks like he's trying. And Seabrook didn't catch him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There was a comparison done and he was faster than McDavid's fastest rush. It doesn't matter who he's burning he's arguably the fastest

Do you have a source for that? I remember seeing Woods hit 40 km/h.

TSN has McDavid hitting over 40 km/h (http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mcdavid-scores-unforgettable-goal-in-dominant-return-1.432433), I'm pretty sure one of his rushes topped out around 42 km/h if anyone has the video. I wish they gave the exact number in the link, I'm fairly sure CBC had a highlight pack with McDavid in the 42 km/h range with the puck on his stick.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
When he is healthy there is no faster skater then Grabner. His straight line speed is unbelievable. When Grabner was with the Islanders he would get at least one break away a game. Two strides and he's gone your not catching him.If Grabner could finish 1/3 of his break aways he would easily be a 40 goal scorer.

He has breakaways every game and he has 18 goals so far lol. Its incredible to watch. 25 of his 26 points has been 5v5, he doesnt play PP and is a beast on the PK.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
All Grabner has going for him is speed, hence the goals and not assists.

he is as one dimensional as they get. tbh I had written him off, good too see his speed utilized in NY.
Imo his puckhandling at fullflight hasnt always been good. but he looks to have found his groove with the Rags.

fast, but Ehlers, Nylander, McDavid, Larkin, McKinnon would outdo him if they had to use speed thru traffic and with the puck on their sticks. Their speed is a joy to watch.

Imo Grabner is fast straight line and not much more.

Last edited:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Hmm, would be more interesting to see who fans think are the fastest "accelerators" vs. top speed. Sometimes, all you need is to beat the guy early & you're clear, or skate fast to defend and you've covered your guy.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Kreider is very much in top 10.

He was faster than Hagelin in straight line...

100%. Hagelin is way more agile, but Kreider is definitely faster if you put them at one end of the rink and have them race.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Chimera is easily on this list, but skating fast is really all he can do

I think he was the fastest in the league at one time, but is he still top 3 you think?

OT: He is the most genuine player I ever met in person. Total class act, humble, and appreciative of the fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad