Music: Tool - FEAR INOCULUM - August 30th release

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I broke and gave the album a spin and I’m absolutely blown away. It’s everything I wanted and more from a Tool album. I’m gonna listen to the full thing again when it’s out officially so it’s the complete listen with segues and all, but my initial listen was stellar

Reactions: Ghoste and beowulf

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
10000 days took a few listens before I appreciated it, now it's arguably my favourite. This album was awesome first listen. Not sure it'll hold up, but its one epic song after another. Great album. Glad I preordered it, even though I don't have a cd player to play it on...

During invincible I half expected that guys "whoooooo" during Adam and Justin's chug session near the end.

Or the chick's "ain't tryin' to hear all that tho" in the beginning.

-ghoste

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Finally listened to the first song....it's Tool (lol)! It feels like an opening track and a little unresolved at the end, you definitely want to hear more. Only Tool can make a 10 minute track feel like a 3 minute album opener. Had a little Jane's Addiction vibe in the vocals.

To me the underrated hero in this band is Justin Chancellor. Everyone knows how vital a part Carey/Jones are, but Chancellor is able to play the bass in such a unique melodic way, very similar to like a Claypool/Flea/Squire/Lee but very different at the same time. The funny part is and I've never listened to his previous band, but I hear he played nothing like that and when hired, altered his style to do what D'Amour did tone wise, but completely expand on it.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Finally listened to the first song....it's Tool (lol)! It feels like an opening track and a little unresolved at the end, you definitely want to hear more. Only Tool can make a 10 minute track feel like a 3 minute album opener. Had a little Jane's Addiction vibe in the vocals.

To me the underrated hero in this band is Justin Chancellor. Everyone knows how vital a part Carey/Jones are, but Chancellor is able to play the bass in such a unique melodic way, very similar to like a Claypool/Flea/Squire/Lee but very different at the same time. The funny part is and I've never listened to his previous band, but I hear he played nothing like that and when hired, altered his style to do what D'Amour did tone wise, but completely expand on it.
There's only one Peach song I've ever heard and it's great.

There also is a Tool cover version of this song.

Justin is fantastic. I don't think there is a better rhythm section in music right now than Justin/Danny. They're on a different level.

Reactions: Skjeikspeare

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Initial listen I was underwhelmed.

After listen 2 I can say this album is a masterpiece.

As amazing as 7empest is instramentlly,..Pneuma and Descending are the best tracks on the album imo.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Amazon parcel tracker now says it will arrive by 8pm tomorrow....here is hoping earlier than later!

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Amazon emailed me saying the package has arrived at my doorstep. It’ll be waiting for me when I get home. I’m so stoked. 13 long years. I’m almost emotional

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Back in my day albums were released on Tuesdays. Has the standard changed to Fridays now? I noticed another album is getting released tomorrow as well.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Damn you how did you get it today!

Luck of the draw I’m sure. Preordered day one and up until this morning it said it was still expected tomorrow. Stoked though usually when I order music from Amazon it shows up weeks late. Happened with Baroness’ latest release

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Luck of the draw I’m sure. Preordered day one and up until this morning it said it was still expected tomorrow. Stoked though usually when I order music from Amazon it shows up weeks late. Happened with Baroness’ latest release

Also pre-ordered on the first day. I've also had pre-order issues with Amazon, in my case it was the latest Devin Townsend album, showed up 2 weeks late saying they were out of stock. How the hell are you out of stock on a pre-order...that's the whole idea with a pre-order, you know how many you need.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just got through the album, it's bloody good

I wasn't a huge fan of the first single off the album but the album as a whole is amazing, inventive enough to keep you interested but with that distinctive tool sound underpinning it all

I really like Pneuma and 7empest, they have some length to them but I could listen to those songs on repeat for hours

This album is going to get a workout in my car for awhile I can tell you

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Descending is a ridiculously good song. Invincible better on the album than live, but the latter part of that song doesn't really work. When it stops and Maynard starts singing in a faster tempo they sound like System of a Down or something. Live that part is really really poor. Slightly less annoying on the album.

All in all very promising. The only song I doubt I'll ever like is Invincible.

Personally I'm very pleased that they once again have changed. Kind of funny watching them live how each album has its identity. Ænima being the most "catchy". Lateralus is more melodic. 10 000 days extremely hard hitting live. When they play Jambi it feels like Omaha Beach on D-Day. This new album almost feels more like classical music. Each song has different phases without it having the same build up to a climax as for example Ænima. It supplements what they have already made very well.

Always dangerous to say that we will never see the like again, but in this case I think it will be true. Partly also because I could never "grow up" with a band the way I did with Tool.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's... well, Tool. Love the overall sound, they're looking more back into Lateralus than 10k days which is pleasant for sure. All the songs seem way too long for what they provide though, it's almost like they took some parts of songs off Lateralus and 10k and extended them into 10+ min opuses.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the wait was worth it! what a journey Tool takes you on!
what a dense complex album...each listen seems like you hear something new
my favorite song is Pneuma, followed by Descending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad