Music: Tool - FEAR INOCULUM - August 30th release

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like Tool has confirmed the official release date of the new album.

ayYJvIO.jpg

Reactions: LordZapp and Ghoste

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Goddamn this song is good. Seriously, I got goosebumps and got a wave of emotions that this is real, it's real good and it's going to be out so f***ing soon. It's been a long 13 years.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The most over-hyped album in a very, very long time (maybe ever).

I'm glad it's finally here so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Oh please nothing...

I listen to Octane, Turbo and Lithium on SiriusXM all the time and I'm done hearing about Tool and this album :laugh:

I'm glad you are excited.

You are pointing out specific shows/stations that you would expect people to talk about an album that many of us have been waiting 13 years for. The public in general has no idea...over hyped? Try any Kanye or Drake release for example. Another that comes to mind is Chinese Democracy from Guns n' Roses.

Reactions: NameInUse

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Tool is arguably the most talked about thing going in music across all platforms right now, I’ll take that over the other mainstream shit coming out these days. Doesn’t hurt that they are my all time favorite band either haha

This song exceeded my expectations. I’m not one to gauge how something should sound if it took this long to make, so I’m listening to it for what it is, new Tool, and it’s amazing

Reactions: Pyrophorus

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Tool has gotten basically zero radio play for their entire existence. f*** outta here with this “overhyped” nonsense.

The first concert I ever went to was TOOL on their 10,000 days tour in 2007. No concert since has measured up.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Tool has gotten basically zero radio play for their entire existence. **** outta here with this “overhyped” nonsense.

One thing I always found kinda funny was how people talk about how radio play and if you look into it you'll find it very regional/station dependent. A lot of markets didn't have what's called an "active rock" station, particularly during the years Alt rock was hot.

The biggest rock station here always played Tool both back in the day and still during their hiatus. They aren't going into deep cuts or anything but even the less popular singles get airplay here. I always found it weird Tool's highest charting singles were "The Pot" and "Schism". The former I never really liked that much and the latter I've heard so many times I can't listen to it anymore :laugh:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Tool has gotten basically zero radio play for their entire existence. **** outta here with this “overhyped” nonsense.
What?

They've always been on the radio, MTV, and the music choice stations. Maybe not the #1 most popular band, but plenty.... and kudos to those radio stations for playing a band that actually tries to do something creative and interesting.

As for this. It's good. I don't feel let down (personally I didn't hype it up that much), but I also can't shake the feeling these talented musicians could have crapped this out in 6 months if they wanted to (which really means nothing)

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
As for this. It's good. I don't feel let down (personally I didn't hype it up that much), but I also can't shake the feeling these talented musicians could have crapped this out in 6 months if they wanted to (which really means nothing)

I felt the same about Vicarious when I first heard it. Doesn't make 10,000 Days a bad album.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think it’s a decent song but it didn’t exactly peak anywhere and just kind of ended. Still excited for the album, and I’ve avoided the other two songs that they played live.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lyrics to Fear Inoculum, so Tool that the lyrics start with "long overdue" and end with "long time coming"

Immunity long overdue
Contagion I exhale you
Lying I opened up to you
Venom in mania
Now, contagion I exhale you
The deceiver he says you belong to me
You don’t want to breathe the light of the others
Fear the light
Fear the breathe
Fear the others for eternity
But I hear them now inhale the clarity
Hear the venom, the venom in what you say — inoculated
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Exhale, expel
Recast my tale
Weave my allegorical elegy
Enumerate
All that I’m to do
Calculating steps away from you
My own mitosis
Growing through delusion from mania
Exhale, expel
Recast my tale with my allegorical elegy
Forfeit all control
You poison
You spectacle
Exorcise the spectacle
Exorcise the malady
Exorcise the disparate
Poison for eternity
Purge me and evacuate
The venom and the fear that binds me
Unveil now
Lift away
I see you running
Deceiver chased away
A long time coming

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Danny Carey is an absolute monster in the last half of the song

i've watched him play drums from 1o ft away and my jaw was on the floor. quite an experience that was

i was 19-20 when 10,000 days came out and now i'm 33 so yeah it kinda makes sense why siriusxm stations like octane and lithium are talking about this album quite a bit. its 13 years in the making. as a huge fan it makes me happy that they're even getting mentioned consistently on the radio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad