Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
N3iqsIJ.png

Most popular lockerroom cancer ever!
Anyone noticing a trend here? Tony is obviously next in line in the process of purging the #420HayesIt culture from our locker room.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Hajek sucks but I don't see the upside to playing an obviously injured DeAngelo this series. His skating is noticeably way off and that's probably his single biggest asset.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
You can tell he was moving the puck great, he just doesn't have that first step right now. He's been a favorite of mine to watch since the world juniors way back.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hajek sucks but I don't see the upside to playing an obviously injured DeAngelo this series. His skating is noticeably way off and that's probably his single biggest asset.
No it’s not. His passing is the best on the team, and his best quality. Next is his vision. Then his skill. Then his skating. His agility is very good, but his speed is only above average.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Skating is definitely off but he’s also made some just terrible decisions with the puck. Simple stuff like putting it out in front of his own net

If he's in some degree of pain, that can definitely impact your decision making process.

Reactions: haveandare

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You can tell he was moving the puck great, he just doesn't have that first step right now. He's been a favorite of mine to watch since the world juniors way back.
Lots of people exaggerate or go to the extremes on here. You’re correct in your observations

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Skating is definitely off but he’s also made some just terrible decisions with the puck. Simple stuff like putting it out in front of his own net
When you can't create space for yourself, you have less time to make decisions and it will show in the decisions you make. He is unfortunately way too dumb to get away with being an average skater or worse.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
When you can't create space for yourself, you have less time to make decisions and it will show in the decisions you make. He is unfortunately way too dumb to get away with being an average skater or worse.
His hockey IQ is actually really good offensively. Defensively he can be dumb sometimes but it’s mainly consistency issues. I guess I don’t see what you saw. He looked pretty good to me, despite looking a little slower. A couple bad decisions here and there, but very intelligent player like Fox also made bad decisions and had a worse game.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Wonder when/if it comes out that he was actually injured and if so, what the injury was. Because if he wasn't hurt then I don't know what to say because that was 3 absolutely horrid and putrid games. Everyone takes their share of the blame but in a series of a lot of bad, he somehow stood out.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Wonder when/if it comes out that he was actually injured and if so, what the injury was. Because if he wasn't hurt then I don't know what to say because that was 3 absolutely horrid and putrid games. Everyone takes their share of the blame but in a series of a lot of bad, he somehow stood out.
He was hurt. He wasn't practicing and I've seen him move before and it doesn't look like what we saw.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
He was hurt. He wasn't practicing and I've seen him move before and it doesn't look like what we saw.
It was beyond obvious. He’d get the puck behind the net on a breakout and instead of skating it out like he normally would he’d stand there for a full 5 minutes before making a weak ass stretch pass.

Reactions: Thirty One

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It was beyond obvious. He’d get the puck behind the net on a breakout and instead of skating it out like he normally would he’d stand there for a full 5 minutes before making a weak ass stretch pass.
Another area it was really noticeable was moving in the zone on the PP. He's normally all-world in getting from either boards to the other on the blueline to keep pucks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad