Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
zxcsREj.png

PHTnSg4.png

Reactions: hi and Buchnevich89

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Best part is it seems like he's finally grown up a bit. Rangers are going to have to make a touch decision on whether to keep him or not. Given our defensive depth and lack of forward depth though I think they ultimately flip him

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Quick. Let's trade him to alleviate the log jam

Ultimate silliness.

I've always been a fan and he has exceeded my expectations by a lot.

You do A LOT to keep him, he fits in quite well with our top guys as well as the new wave. That pass he got to Chytil the other night - Chytil immediately started pointing at Tony smiling.

Core guy. From around the block.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Maybe he can start playing lefty in practice...

Kidding. We’re keeping this guy. We’re keeping all of the roster RHD for the foreseeable future. The unforeseen? Who knows? In a couple of years we may well have to move one of them if they’re all tried and true top 4 talents over an expanded stretch, but he’s getting re-signed. I’d bet heavily on it.

If anything it means we can dangle guys like Lundkvist in a package. It’s highly unlikely he’s going to surpass the guys we have, and if he ends up as good as them we still have the same problem in a couple of years. Better to move a package of futures that haven’t proven NHL upside than to move a 50+ point young NHL sure thing.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

I worry less about a potential log jam than I do about allotting so much cap to the right side of the D but even that is not until Fox gets his pay day, which is 2+ years away.

I don't see what the rush is.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Definitely pending on how fox and tony do next year, I think you could definitely see D prospects go for elite forward help. We've never been in a position to dangle A prospects out there.

Exciting times ahead. I think we're going to be real set up.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Definitely pending on how fox and tony do next year, I think you could definitely see D prospects go for elite forward help. We've never been in a position to dangle A prospects out there.
I actually believe that ultimately that is where Trouba's eventual partner will come from. Chances are that DeAngelo's future partner is a UFA and the chips are used to land a LD to pair with Trouba.

Reactions: Rongomania

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
would need an amazing F return to move him but I get why some think that may happen with the RD depth and Lundkvist not far away

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I actually believe that ultimately that is where Trouba's eventual partner will come from. Chances are that DeAngelo's future partner is a UFA and the chips are used to land a LD to pair with Trouba.

It's a really beautiful situation we're in. Next year is going to be the most crucial one yet, expectations higher, and we'll get a great read on a lot of guys.

Top four is going to be bonkers and pieces will be used to acquire a beast young F as well. Especially in this day and age when prospects have the highest price tag probably ever.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
would need an amazing F return to move him but I get why some think that may happen with the RD depth and Lundkvist not far away
This is not directed at you, but rather the idea that I hear all the time.......RD depth......Lundqvist not far away.

What depth? And even if the farm is stocked with 10 Lundqvists, the chances of any of them being able to tilt the ice the way DeAngelo does is very, very small.

I will continue to pound the table and exclaim that is far, FAR easier to find DeAngelo a partner that will accent his game than to find another DeAngelo.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The only acceptable trade IMO for DeAngelo is a RyJo-Jones scenario where you trade 1-for-1 for a forward.

Konecny/Connor/Svechnikov/Larkin etc. Not saying these are available, but that's the tier you should be looking for.

Only way you do it is if it's that tier of guy. If Tony has a repeat of this season next year - you get that 1 for 1 monster trade for sure.

Next year will be such a huge evaluation year from that 'trade from our young guys' perspective.

We have tons of options both inside and outside the NHL to make a huge deal or two. I don't think this year is the best evaluation year as a whole though. Again, next year I believe will be there most telling so far.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The only acceptable trade IMO for DeAngelo is a RyJo-Jones scenario where you trade 1-for-1 for a forward.

Konecny/Connor/Svechnikov/Larkin etc. Not saying these are available, but that's the tier you should be looking for.
I completley agree IF there has to be a deal to be made. But will also say that IF this is who he is becoming, A 55-60 point defenseman is worth more than a Connor (whom I LOVE).

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
As has been echoed by others, I agree with the notion that the only way Tony gets moved were if (and it’s a big if anyways) it were to be in a 1 for 1 hockey trade where a team with “too much” talent up front was willing to trade from their position of strength and we were trading from ours. An absolute no BS hockey deal where two similarly aged, productive, talented players of different positions were swapped and both teams walked away regretting it and loving it at the same time because they gave as good as they got. I can’t think of a realistic target, honestly. It would have to be a case where they don’t think they’re going to sign a young stud or he’s hesitant to re-sign because he wants to play elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad