Confirmed with Link: Tomorrow’s game (12/21 vs. Devils) is postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Punishing everyone for the faults of a few has always seemed counterintuitive to me. They're people. They have off nights. It happens. We aren't privy to what personal circumstances.

I mean it isn't just one game.
Also I think that when I said it I mentioned the fact it would be around when no games are happening and enough time for rest.

To each there own.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Punishing everyone for the faults of a few has always seemed counterintuitive to me. They're people. They have off nights. It happens. We aren't privy to what personal circumstances may be going on, either. It doesn't mean they're bad teammates or lack work ethic or need more conditioning, just that they had a bad game.

I used to show horses, at a very high level. Individual sport, but it requires a massive degree of teamwork, regardless of discipline, but especially when there are sizeable obstacles to pilot them over involved. When my horse was sluggish or distracted for whatever reason - or me, for that matter - the answer wasn't ever making them more tired, and that approach tended to lead to injury, too :dunno: That holds true across the sport, not just my experiences in it.
So, you didn't order the Code Red? I can handle the truth. (and yeah, I recognize this reference isn't completely germane :rolleyes:)

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Yeah, I don’t understand the point of doing this. Might as well cancel the entire season then.

This ain’t going away.
that's pretty much what it's going to be. you probably won't be seeing a game for at least a month+, after a handful to close out the year if that

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, I don’t understand the point of doing this. Might as well cancel the entire season then.

This ain’t going away.
It's a player availability issue. Teams are having trouble calling up players from the AHL. So, you hit pause league wide, let some things settle a little bit in terms of player availability, and then push forward. The virus will still be present but maybe this resets things a tiny bit.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
It's a player availability issue. Teams are having trouble calling up players from the AHL. So, you hit pause league wide, let some things settle a little bit in terms of player availability, and then push forward. The virus will still be present but maybe this resets things a tiny bit.
the canadian border is the bigger issue

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think it has more to do with Canada tbh.

Reactions: Krispy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

This ain’t going away.

They should cancel it. The playoffs are going to be stupid. What do you do if a team has a bunch of players enter covid protocols? You're gonna wait two+ weeks until the players are covid free to play?

It's one thing to delay and reschedule games now, quite another to disrupt the playoffs as they're going on.

And I'm not saying this to whine about them taking player safety seriously or whatever. Regardless of how you feel about the dangers covid poses (or does not pose, depending on which side of the fence you're on), the fact is that keeping things going with these protocols in place is asking for a disaster when the playoffs come.

So for me, just shut it down.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Gives Malkin some additional days to come back.

I have tickets to that game. I hope that I don't get screwed on the make-up date. I picked games when we divided them to avoid conflicts.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
With it being so close to the holiday break I think it makes sense to just start the break a little early so the NHL has time to figure out how to deal with this. I have no idea what they should do when they restart, it's a tough situation. No point playing games with depleted teams when they now have the 3 week break from the Olympics to use to catch up. Send the players home early and work on a new protocol and way to handle the border situation.

Reactions: Tender Rip

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Once again Canada is ruining everything.

Screenshot_5.jpg

You sure you want to strain this relationship?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Its actually our game and trophy. You muricans are ruining it.

#bringthecuphome
What better way of sticking it to "MURRICA" than to have a Canadian lad hoist the cup with an American team?!

But yeah it's the testing that's the issue vs asymptomatic and the severity of the symptoms. This has become basically a bad flu thanks to the help of vaccinations that make it so we aren't hospitalized.

I'm curious when the NBA and NFL make their ruling on it if the NHL will do so as well. At some point with this being the 9th variant, the world has to say ok this is our normal now let's just figure out what works and chill with the other shit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
the canadian border is the bigger issue
I still laugh at how Canadian Governments were relying on the honour method for quarantines all last year after travelling.

America and the UK aren't the only Country being run by a bunch of f*** knuckles.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm glad Canada has strict rules. The virus isn't ending soon, but there's obviously an ebb and flow.

Break couldn't come at a better time for us, really. Record is good, and by the time things start up again we'll be that much closer to a full complement.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They should cancel it. The playoffs are going to be stupid. What do you do if a team has a bunch of players enter covid protocols? You're gonna wait two+ weeks until the players are covid free to play?

It's one thing to delay and reschedule games now, quite another to disrupt the playoffs as they're going on.

And I'm not saying this to whine about them taking player safety seriously or whatever. Regardless of how you feel about the dangers covid poses (or does not pose, depending on which side of the fence you're on), the fact is that keeping things going with these protocols in place is asking for a disaster when the playoffs come.

So for me, just shut it down.

This is why I felt it was unfair that the Pens had to figure shit out to play but these other teams had postponed games. If they can't figure it out now then yeah the playoffs will be a mess. But we all know the Tampa Bay Lightning will somehow find a way to put half their big contracts on LTIR for covid lingering issues and then add a bunch of players and be at like 40m over the cap.

Reactions: Pancakes

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
What better way of sticking it to "MURRICA" than to have a Canadian lad hoist the cup with an American team?!

But yeah it's the testing that's the issue vs asymptomatic and the severity of the symptoms. This has become basically a bad flu thanks to the help of vaccinations that make it so we aren't hospitalized.

I'm curious when the NBA and NFL make their ruling on it if the NHL will do so as well. At some point with this being the 9th variant, the world has to say ok this is our normal now let's just figure out what works and chill with the other shit.
Really doesnt matter what the NFL does, no border issues. Curious if the Raptors get forced to make adjustments though, that could get messy. If you absolutely had to, you could bring back the Canadian division again.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm glad Canada has strict rules. The virus isn't ending soon, but there's obviously an ebb and flow.

Break couldn't come at a better time for us, really. Record is good, and by the time things start up again we'll be that much closer to a full complement.
I think so too. Felt like the next one was gonna be a loss anyway. We barely escaped the last two with W's. Getting Jarry rest whenever possible is wise too, for injury and mental fatigue prevention. Our season rests on his shoulders.
The only downside to this is the next game is against the f***ing Bruins. Notorious Penguin slayers. Would be good to slap them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad