Confirmed with Link: Tomorrow’s game (12/21 vs. Devils) is postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Awesome.

I hope we check every single player in the locker room and staff with this news.

Also from my yesterday's post since now there's no game on Tuesday anyone that doesn't have covid after testing. Time to bag skate everyone.
Especially the veterans.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They should just cancel the season. The playoffs are gonna be a gigantic shitshow if they try to go forward. Maybe they could do it bubble style like they did before but I don't really have any appetite to watch empty arena hockey again.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They should just cancel the season. The playoffs are gonna be a gigantic shitshow if they try to go forward. Maybe they could do it bubble style like they did before but I don't really have any appetite to watch empty arena hockey again.
yzerman and o'rielly etc have already been wanting for them not to even test certain players anymore in certain situations. Interested to see what's the reasoning in cancelling this game for example?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If they're just gonna play through it, and players/coaches/staff agree, bubble up. The concern isn't only for the players at peak health. It's for the personnel in the lockerroom, the people driving the shuttles, working on the planes, handling hotel duty, etc. Families of the aforementioned, etc. It's also important to note that there aren't simply two outcomes; death or full recovery.

Again, if they're just gonna keep this thing going, go back to the bubble system. Hockey's not important enough for all this other shit.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Or they should change their protocols because this doesn’t need to have a big impact on the league unless they want this to happen every year til kingdom come.

Reactions: The Old Master

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Or they should change their protocols because this doesn’t need to have a big impact on the league unless they want this to happen every year til kingdom come.

Exactly what are you gonna change that makes this doable? I've seen some suggest letting asymptomatic players play but that's madness. You can still spread it when asymptomatic, so letting those players play puts not only other players at risk but also coaches, staff, fans, etc. As for how lethal/compromising it may or may not be, even if only a very small percentage of players get long covid (or worse) from it, is that really a risk worth taking? What if they decide to plow ahead with playing and a few players get their careers affected by contracting this and having after effects?

I dunno. It's a pretty shit awful situation and I know we're all tired of it.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Given our ... history ... curse ... whatever you want to call it, I have to think we''ll get a few cases as a result as well.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
"We don't want the rest of the room being affected and this thing becomes a really slow bleed, and it continues to go on for however long... We need to be open or watching, not hurting our safe players, our healthy players by bringing some body in the locker room to spread."

I think multiple things can all be true, right?

- Players don't want to infect any of their elderly family. These guys are human at the end of the day and live normal lives with parents, grandparents, kids, etc.
- It's winter again and COVID is picking back up as we all head inside.

On the flip side coronavirus has been around since the 60s and COVID Zero is never going to happen. The new variant is exactly what we wanted the disease to do from the original outbreak which is to be weaker and weaker even if transmission rate increases. With the amazing scientists developing the vaccine and treatment, we are nearing a point where testing asymptomatic people is downright silly.

We will eventually just live with it and go about our day and to be fair, the data is showing we are really close to that area. We just aren't there yet it seems and I respect whatever the NHL/NHLPA does. But I would bet big big big money this time next year, we aren't even testing anyone and players can play through it if they want. It's the evolution of what was to be expected all along.

But for now, patience is a virtue as a fan. I support whatever those guys decide and I'll spend time with family regardless. I hope you all have an amazing holiday WITH or WITHOUT hockey. Shit is just a game at the end of the day.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
This timing is hilarious. Waiting until after game 1 of the double header is such stupid move…

Guess someone should get the Sage ready, PPG needs blessing again.

upload_2021-12-20_16-10-55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad