Confirmed with Link: Tomorrow’s game (12/21 vs. Devils) is postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They are just buying themselves time to set better protocols.

First order of business, for all sports league, should be mandatory vaccination for ALL players, ALL personnel and ALL fans attending games. Here in Quebec, 50% of the cases are unvaccinated people, 66% of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated people... they are less than 15% of the population (so the number of cases/hospitalizations they represent is VERY VERY VERY disproportional to their percentage of the population... which proves the vaccine freaking works ie it does with it is supposed to do SLOW DOWN THE DAMN THING!).

Unvaccinated people have a longer incubation period, so they spread it longer. If everyone is vaccinated, I think you can afford to have asymptomatic players continue to play. Sure, there would still be a risk of some getting long COVID, but zero risk does not exist and getting vaccinated + the booster reduces the risk of serious illness by over 80%. So throw the Tyler Bertuzzis, Kyrie Irvings and Aaron Rodgerses out and get back to playing. Government should not force you to get vaccinated, but a private employer totally can. They won't because it would alienate a portion of their fanbase, but they could and should.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017

First order of business, for all sports league, should be mandatory vaccination for ALL players, ALL personnel and ALL fans attending games. Here in Quebec, 50% of the cases are unvaccinated people, 66% of the hospitalizations are unvaccinated people... they are less than 15% of the population (so the number of cases/hospitalizations they represent is VERY VERY VERY disproportional to their percentage of the population... which proves the vaccine freaking works ie it does with it is supposed to do SLOW DOWN THE DAMN THING!).

Unvaccinated people have a longer incubation period, so they spread it longer. If everyone is vaccinated, I think you can afford to have asymptomatic players continue to play. Sure, there would still be a risk of some getting long COVID, but zero risk does not exist and getting vaccinated + the booster reduces the risk of serious illness by over 80%. So throw the Tyler Bertuzzis, Kyrie Irvings and Aaron Rodgerses out and get back to playing. Government should not force you to get vaccinated, but a private employer totally can. They won't because it would alienate a portion of their fanbase, but they could and should.
Spot on.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Yep. I'd like this but... y'know. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
... what?

Cole's having a stroke. Again.

Dear friends, scholars, and drunks.

The attachment showed that Canada exports 6+ BILLION DOLLARS of Pearls to the US. The user noted here is Canada's worth to the US. I want my pearls. I said do it for the pearls!

How dare you elderly folk not get that joke! :sarcasm:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WHAT IN THE f***ING f***....... so the entire league got their immune enhancing serum.... yet is on the verge of shutting down?

Can't make this shit up.

Just cancel everything.... and never bring any of it back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The part I did not.. do not get is why did you choose... PEARLS?

I haven't even said the word "pearl" in terms of the jewel (is it a jewel? :laugh: ) in forever. So when I saw that many pearls were being shipped, I was shocked. I immediately just wanted shoes with pearls on them.

Seriously does anyone here own pearls? Has anyone bought pearls recently? Who the f*** is buying all these pearls!??!?!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I haven't even said the word "pearl" in terms of the jewel (is it a jewel? :laugh: ) in forever. So when I saw that many pearls were being shipped, I was shocked. I immediately just wanted shoes with pearls on them.

Seriously does anyone here own pearls? Has anyone bought pearls recently? Who the f*** is buying all these pearls!??!?!

Shoes with... pearls on them? As long as it is SKECHERS, I guess my boy Tony Romo will approve.

Reactions: ColePens

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
View attachment 492746

You sure you want to strain this relationship?

Dang, about a $196 Billion...woooooow.

Considering the GDP of the US was $20,937 Billion last year...I'm not sure Canada is in a position to really hold us hostage over anything...unless you're looking to withhold maple syrup or something?

If Omicron ends up being confirmed to be mild for almost everyone and becomes the thoroughly dominant strain, then yes I'm very much over it.

I think there's enough data to be suggesting both at the moment. I read an article that said it's already the dominant strain in the US. Have heard very little of it hospitalizing anyone, and deaths have been low (in fact, there may only be a handful and at this point, I'm not sure every "COVID death" is analyzed to that extent). That said, it's still early. Problem is, this is hitting the vaccinated...seemingly much more than the unvaccinated. I don't know if there's anything to that, if it's fear-mongering, or if that's "just the way the numbers are working out". In any case, symptoms seem mild and comparable to a cold. The good news for us is that this makes sense with the natural progression of a virus - each new strain should be more contagious and less lethal.

There are two things that everyone should be demanding from the FedGov, your state Gov, LPHDs, and your hospitals.
1. What is the exit strategy here? At what point do we accept this as an integrated part of life. Anecdotally, I can tell you that there are certainly cases being not reported and quarantines not being upheld. Why? People are over it, just as you said. I think people are generally more aware of illness now and behave differently, but I do sense a declining willingness to rearrange your life for the LPHD or to be diligent with the requirements. I especially see this in recovered people. There has got to be some better "science" on the natural immunity side of things. There's so much noise out there at the moment that it's scrambling everything. My LPHD won't release whether or not they've seen any reinfections. It's weird. I've asked. So, long story short, there needs to be a "when we get to about here, we will go back to "normal". Now I do think OTC tests and "isolations" will be with us a while longer.

2. Treatment. One of the gravest injustices of this pandemic is the lack of treatment options. Not sure if that's intentional or incompetence. At this point, when I hear the "We're hospitals, we're tired. Do this". My response is "What work have you done on treatments? None? Go f*** yourselves." That seems harsh but every hospital in this country has the capacity to work on a treatment. Every major university with a medical program has the ability to work on a treatment regimen. And yet, we have nothing. This entire country, and perhaps world, has been dogshit on that front and I find it to be absolutely inexcusable. Course, that comes from someone who can't treat anyone anymore so...whatever. I have hopes for those COVID pills coming out. I think if you can provide an early intervention treatment in terms of a medication that can be widely distributed, you'll see the tides shift in our favor. I think we can probably all mostly agree that our biggest issue at the moment is hospitalizations and the strain on staffing. Problem is, when some high-risk person gets COVID, there is nothing available to decrease their chances of not going to the hospital. Just their natural immune system. Even if the treatment only worked 25% of the time...what hospital wouldn't want a 25% reduction in patients?

Eventually we'll get to a point where isolations and quarantines will end because the symptoms will be so mild that no one will care or even know they are sick. One of the better things they could do is end asymptomatic testing. The data that asymptomatic people spread it in any meaningful sense is incredibly thing. Vaxed or not.

There's my long "agreed" reply.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'll have to sue Cole for gimmick infringement, mirrors (and French announce tables) are my thing.

Don't let that man Morris Day you!

morris-day-mirror.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad