Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tatar's father died today. Sad that he won't see Tomas play in the Olympics. :(

I guess he will come home to Slovakia for a few days, I can't imagine the club not letting him...

Wow that's sad. Tats went home for christmas aswell(for that reason?). Maybe he'll play tomorrow and then go since we are likely getting bodies back after that. But that is probably gonna be his call.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If he was home, he probably knew it was coming. Still a damn shame, though. On one hand, he has no business playing then and I don't blame him if he doesn't want to. On the other hand, playing might be good for him and get him away from the emotion for a little bit.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Wow that's sad. Tats went home for christmas aswell(for that reason?). Maybe he'll play tomorrow and then go since we are likely getting bodies back after that. But that is probably gonna be his call.

He actually spent Christmas at some airport due to snowstorm or something.

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada

It'd be extremely difficult to play in a game one day after your father passes away. He should just go back to see his loved ones. My sincerest condolences to him and his family.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
By the way, his father used to be an athlete too when he was young, he played football (soccer) for Prague until he quit to study nuclear physics.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
No news about how long he will stay home, the only thing Tats said on facebook was "Heart broken into thousand pieces. We will miss you."

Sincere condolences...

1953971_tatar-jan-tomas-otec.jpg

tatar_zastupca.jpg

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I would think his dad had to be pretty young (unless Tomas has much older siblings). Tough news for Tomas, lost my dad 2 years ago and it still hurts. Every game I want to call him and discuss the details.

Godspeed to the Tatar family

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I would think his dad had to be pretty young (unless Tomas has much older siblings). Tough news for Tomas, lost my dad 2 years ago and it still hurts. Every game I want to call him and discuss the details.

He doesn't look young on the photos above though.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava

He does. He has two brothers, both of them are retired hockey players. They mostly just played in the Slovak extraliga and 1. liga (2nd highest ice hockey league in Slovakia). I know his older brother is 40 this year.

This really sucks. Condolences to him and his whole family.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Tatar's father died today. Sad that he won't see Tomas play in the Olympics. :(

I guess he will come home to Slovakia for a few days, I can't imagine the club not letting him...

He does. He has two brothers, both of them are retired hockey players. They mostly just played in the Slovak extraliga and 1. liga (2nd highest ice hockey league in Slovakia). I know his older brother is 40 this year.

This really sucks. Condolences to him and his whole family.
I also thought his father was very young.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
If he was home, he probably knew it was coming. Still a damn shame, though. On one hand, he has no business playing then and I don't blame him if he doesn't want to. On the other hand, playing might be good for him and get him away from the emotion for a little bit.

Yeah, everyone handles grief differently. When my dad died I wanted to go back to work the next day, it was my way of coping. Who can forget that game Brett Favre had after his dad died?

Sucks for Tats though :(

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Heartbroken to hear this. Tomas is younger than me and I can't imagine the pain I'd feel if my father passed away.

Hope he gets the time and support he needs to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille