Player Discussion Tomas Tatar (Part Two-na)

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
This guy is not talked enough. 49pts in 54 games... Domi had one of the best offensive season of the last 25 years last year... well, Tatar is right on his tail this year. I don't even know how we could consider trading him righ now... not that I didn't, but it should be for a king's ransom which no team is ready to give righ now.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Trade him. A 1st round pick and a prospect. Would look good on a defensive team, where he can just play. Would really help some teams trying to make a run into the playoffs.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Trade him. A 1st round pick and a prospect. Would look good on a defensive team, where he can just play. Would really help some teams trying to make a run into the playoffs.
Depending on the team and the prospect, this isn't a "king's ransom" therefor I prefer keeping him.

Reactions: Pomee

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
And was traded for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd just a few months before that...
That was before his contract extension and then being scratched/getting limited ice time in the playoffs. It was well documented Tatar wasnt a main piece and was seen more as a salary add on.

Here's just two links I found doing a quick search.
Tomas Tatar joins Canadiens after second trade in just over six months
Tomas Tatar has been the equivalent of found money for the Montreal Canadiens - TheHockeyNews

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That was before his contract extension and then being scratched/getting limited ice time in the playoffs. It was well documented Tatar wasnt a main piece and was seen more as a salary add on.

Tomas Tatar has been the equivalent of found money for the Montreal Canadiens - TheHockeyNews

My point was more about how quickly GM's across the league turn on a player, particularly skilled wingers. Just because a player has one bad spell and the herd goes sour on the player's value, doesn't mean the player has all of a sudden lost it.

Perron put 67 points during the regular season, then had a mediocre playoff, and all of a sudden he's worth 4 million? Kovalchuk, Duclair, Derrick Brassard are other recent examples. We'll see if Galchenyuk is or isn't one of the next examples. He's worth a try given the price tag, imo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Seems Vegas mismanaged this player as he can clearly produce with the best of them.

can you imagine the Habs trading a 1st/2nd/3rd for him and then proceed to mismanage the player in the playoffs, then add him in a trade as a cap dump only to see him prosper and put up career numbers!!!.....oh, of course we would’ve added a prospect a la Suzuki in the deal......this place would’ve been on full meltdown.

No matter how we cut it, this was an outstanding deal for us and a very bad deal for Vegas when you consider they gave up 1st/2nd/2nd/3rd Suzuki and Tatar for Pacioretty

Reactions: donghabs98

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anybody see the list of impressive players Tatar was in with multiple 20+ goal seasons in a row in last nights game?

6 seasons in a row and his 7th season was 19 goals. Anybody have that list of other players?

Reactions: Walrus26

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I just don't get how he was such a poor fit with Vegas. Seems exactly the type of player who would thrive in their high tempo, hard working transition game. Good for us though, pretty crazy to think we got him as pretty much a cap dump with retention. Man's been a stud this year.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Anybody see the list of impressive players Tatar was in with multiple 20+ goal seasons in a row in last nights game?

6 seasons in a row and his 7th season was 19 goals. Anybody have that list of other players?

Yeah I saw that list on the screen and did a double-take. Can't believe how good his hands and skating are considering he must be made out of iron.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Well, guess this should quiet any trade discussion for the next few days. He seemed fine during the game FWIW.

I'm lost as to how only one person is reporting this. No photos no sign of Injury in game. Seems odd

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This guy is not talked enough. 49pts in 54 games... Domi had one of the best offensive season of the last 25 years last year... well, Tatar is right on his tail this year. I don't even know how we could consider trading him righ now... not that I didn't, but it should be for a king's ransom which no team is ready to give righ now.
So, you saying trade Tatar now before he falls off like Domi did?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad