Player Discussion Tomas Tatar (Part Two-na)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think capitalizing on his play this season, relative age and when we will be competitive again, and the haul he can get us (1st and a prospect) would be worth considering trading him for sure
Exactly! I like him AND he's playing great, which is exactly why we should be trading him for players that would strengthen our future core. We're going nowhere with the current one

Although given this team's history, I'd rather get a young already drafted player that's on the right trajectory than a draft pick... Another Suzuki, you know. We suck at drafting

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Tomas Tatar is a guy whos gonna produce well on a weak team (detroit/montreal). The moments hes gonna playing for a strong team (vegas). His TOI will decrease and his production too. So hes gonna be a third liner. And tatar on the 3rd line. He is soft so. To me, i would trade him because never im gonna pay 7millions by year for a complementary winger. I would rather pay a guy like jeff petry cause he eat a lots of minutes on defense, but for a winger like tatar. No i won’t. So thats the time to trade him

Mykayla

Feb 17, 2020
Exactly! I like him AND he's playing great, which is exactly why we should be trading him for players that would strengthen our future core. We're going nowhere with the current one

Although given this team's history, I'd rather get a young already drafted player that's on the right trajectory than a draft pick... Another Suzuki, you know. We suck at drafting

tatar is going nowhere,

he should be, but wont be,

dont get your hopes up,

MB needs tatar to try to make the playoffs next year

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Should get more for Tatar next year. When they can sign and trade like Pageau returned.
There's no guarantee Tatar will want to sign an extension and it's fully understandable if he wants to hit UFA for the first time in his career on what's likely to be his last major contract.

It worked out with Pacioretty because Vegas is one of the most attractive destinations in the league with a great team that just went to the cup final. If the best offers on Tatar next year are coming from say...Edmonton and Buffalo it's entirely possible he would have no interest in signing an extension with those teams.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
60 points so far this season. Great season for Tuna. We should sell high on him at the Draft.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It's it out of line to say he's just as good as Pacioretty ever was? I know Max was the better scooter scorer, but man...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's it out of line to say he's just as good as Pacioretty ever was? I know Max was the better scooter scorer, but man...

Tatar hasn't reached Max level. But that's ok. He's younger and good at what he does. Was a great trade for us. Suzuki was the key. I'd re-do the trade in a heart beat if it was just Max for Suzuki.

Reactions: DAChampion

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Update since the trade:

Max Pacioretty: 132GP 52 Goals 51 Assists 103 PTS

Tomas Tatar: 147 GP 47 Goals 72 assists 119 PTS

I'm not saying that Tatar is the better player, but he's certainly been very good in the last 2 years.

Jul 6, 2016
Update since the trade:

I'm not saying that Tatar is the better player, but he's certainly been very good in the last 2 years.

He is way more involved in the game than Patches was in his last couple of seasons in MTL with the burden of the "C" on his upper left chest.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine doing another Pacioretty trade with Tatar.

I would love it but, first of all thise trades only come along so often. 2nd, Tatar doesn't have the premium name Pacioretty had at the time. He was coming off a bad year. But at least McPhee still believed he could return to being an elite goal scorer.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Update since the trade:

I prefer Tatar. Pacioretty was too much of a floater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad