Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Hey I'm not speculating, I'm not the one that said he did or didn't have a head injury, I simply quoted you because you claimed that since he wasn't bleeding he couldn't possibly have a head injury, and must have had regenerative skin like Wolverine.
And my quote was in response to someone saying he had a head injury.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Has anyone ever been suspended for what Wilson did?

Pulling the hair and trying to slam a guys head to the ice? Yeah it’s suspendable. But the league can look away on this one and pretend it didn’t happen since Panarin wasn’t hurt. They will do that 100/100 times under these conditions:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
5 times he still dont get it. 5k that will show him...

Base these fines on salery.

If i was Nyr i would hire a "hitman", throw him in as a goalie and teach mr Hulktard a lesson.

But i aint got no pig in this hograce.
"Hulktard." That's even better, brilliant even! Tom Wilson = Hulktard. It's so sad he's even a good hockey player, it would've been so much easier to hate him if he was just a goon. But in the end, it's very easy to hate Hulktard because of who he is and the choices he have made. He should just retire and see a shrink. And yeah, stop the roids.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
George Carlin had a great quote about how dumb the average person is and how half of them are dumber than that.

Bias is a very powerful thing that helps push the average way down.

That's why to some people all Wilson did was throw a punch and slam a guy like in any other game.

I wonder if people would have said "All bertuzzi did was throw a punch" had the internet been as prevalent (and our IQ average been this low) at the time.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
The speculation is on your end. The team said he did not return due to a lower body injury. If it really was a concussion why wouldn’t they announce it?
Foligno left the Leafs game the other night limping and it was announced he had an upper body injury.

Team's are weird.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
E0jsdgFWUAEWS8u

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Congratulations to the Capitals and their lucky spin on the 'DoPS Wheel of Justice'!!!! Only a 5k fine for smashing a players head off the ice.

Seriously, Parros must have some kinky noods of Bettman -- how TF does this clown still have a job?

Except .. he didnt slam a players head on the ice.

But dont let what actually happened get in the way of what could have happened. Lets just discuss "what could have happened" and not what really happened.

Because what actually happened in real life .. doesnt support the "kick him out of the league" drum people want to beat .. to death.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
At least we don’t have a asterik next to our cup. Strange how in a odd year without fans perennial choke teams like the lightning and dodgers were able to win.
Says Panarin is out with LBI which makes sense considering he was missing practice because of it and now they are eliminated.
Imagine "defending" your lone Cup with back to back first round losses after 18 years of 1st and 2nd round exits and calling another team a perennial choke team.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Has anyone ever been suspended for what Wilson did?
For what he did to Buchnevich? Many times. It's a sucker punch, and suspensions have been quite common. For what he did to Panarin? I'm not sure about suspensions, but I also can't think of any comparables where a player pulls another down by the hair and slams them into the ice head-first. I'm not sure that precedent for specifics should really matter when there is a clear intent to injure.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick

But dont let what actually happened get in the way of what could have happened. Lets just discuss "what could have happened" and not what really happened.

Because what actually happened in real life .. doesnt support the "kick him out of the league" drum people want to beat .. to death.

Don’t agree with kick him from the league...do think everything together warranted a decent suspension seeing as he is a repeat offender and the buchnevic punch was just plain dangerous...Panarin was not fighting him he was trying to hug him like he does in EVERY scrum because the guy isn’t a scrapper...he deserved a suspension but out of the league seems a bit much considering Kadribhas been suspended for a LOT less with the DeBrusk hit in the playoffs

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Gonna need to see some stick work on Wilson next game. Right in the face. Eyes, teeth, nose doesn't matter but he shouldn't be able to finish next game. A Bertuzzi incident is brewing and this time it would be justified.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

The concept of punishing based on intent or attempt is pretty well known but your post here implies you're somehow completely unfamiliar.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This lack of discipline by the DoPS is going to lead to another Bertuzzi-Moore like incident. NHL deserves it allowing this type of behavior. Hopefully the only player targeted is Wilson and someone doesn't take out Backstrom or someone else but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. Rangers eliminated, they literally have nothing to lose at this point from sending a message to a playoff bound team/star players.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The speculation is on your end. The team said he did not return due to a lower body injury. If it really was a concussion why wouldn’t they announce it?
Dont get upset just because you thought blood was needed fpr a concussion to happen :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad