Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Is he a repeat offender though? He's got banned for 'high hits' before, not punching. That's like a shop being burgled nearby and police coming to ask me where I was because I've got a couple of speeding tickets

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
180321887_1856563441189091_6250468218015516269_n.jpg

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
#3 was locked and I did not see a #4 so thought id start it.

Tom Wilsons fine equals 0.00097 of his cap hit this year.

For comparisson, for a person making 60.000usd a year, that comes out at 58 dollars. 58 dollars to end a superstars season while also coming close to crushing his skull against the ice. For a repeat offender.
You couldn't have put it any better. Astonishing.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If I'm caught speeding I receive a ticket over 100 bucks as a regular day citizen.

If it's a school zone it's 300 dollars.

In Canada we have 50% of the population living 200 dollars or less from insolvency.

So 1 ticket literally could force half of Canada to take out a loan or do public service etc.

While we give a a essentially a tiny fine to this guy. 5000 dollars to him is less than what a speeding ticket to me is. A joke.

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Money is irrelevant. The actions by Wilson against Panarin should have been reviewed. I'd say this was a shocking decision by Dept of Player Safety, but to be honest - the NHL is a joke when it comes to referee consistency and competency and the Dept of Player Safety and their process is more concerned with keeping the perpetrators jobs safe than keeping the players on the ice safe from the dangerous actions of certain players.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
What really bums me is that I lost my semifinals in my fantasy league because I was missing 1 penalty and I have Tom Wilson. Very next monday he gets 16 PIMs ffs. Worst part is I was actually winning until a stat correction removed a penalty to John Klingberg.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
If I'm caught speeding I receive a ticket over 100 bucks as a regular day citizen.

If it's a school zone it's 300 dollars.

In Canada we have 50% of the population living 200 dollars or less from insolvency.

So 1 ticket literally could force half of Canada to take out a loan or do public service etc.

While we give a a essentially a tiny fine to this guy. 5000 dollars to him is less than what a speeding ticket to me is. A joke.
Wilson got 5k because it's Wilson, be grateful, other guy would get nothing.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Money is irrelevant. The actions by Wilson against Panarin should have been reviewed. I'd say this was a shocking decision by Dept of Player Safety, but to be honest - the NHL is a joke when it comes to referee consistency and competency and the Dept of Player Safety and their process is more concerned with keeping the perpetrators jobs safe than keeping the players on the ice safe from the dangerous actions of certain players.

The NHL is the only league that put goon after goon in charge of discipline. It makes no sense, but they continue to do it.

Shanahan, Quintal and now Parros. All tough guys to a degree or another.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Wilson got 5k because it's Wilson, be grateful, other guy would get nothing.

In the other thread I mentioned the McDavid headshot not getting punished for a game.

I wanted him suspended one game.

Wilson as a repeat offender should be getting way more. For me personally if I was DOPS I throw the hammer on rest of the season including playoffs.

Then maybe negotiate it down till 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs.

Keep this stuff out of my hockey I love. I come to watch McDavid skate down the ice and make plays. OR Backstrom Saucering it to Ovechkin.

When will.DOPS do something when Tom Wilson kills someone?

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I'm ashamed on behalf on several Washington fans who have understated his violent behaviour through first three topics. Because of POS players like Wilson and laughable DoPS, teams need to consider bringing back goons.

Wilson's behaviour is inexcusable. He has never shown any regret, instead he poses like an ape after trying to crack Panarin's skull. There is more than enough of evidence to ban him for life. NHL won't miss his impulsive violent bursts.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
#3 was locked and I did not see a #4 so thought id start it.

Tom Wilsons fine equals 0.00097 of his cap hit this year.

For comparisson, for a person making 60.000usd a year, that comes out at 58 dollars. 58 dollars to end a superstars season while also coming close to crushing his skull against the ice. For a repeat offender.
It's an insult, the fine that is. It would have been better they did nothing than hand out a fine that is the equivalent of a one-time food delivery service for you and your friends.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The message to all the other teams.....its ok to carry a nut case that will eventually cause a death in the league.

Time for local prosecuters to step in. A player in handcuffs in front of the world will do wonders for the NHL...
Yes because Wilson is the most violent player to ever play the game of hockey and we all know he will eventually kill a person in the ice. Maybe even with a sword hidden in his hockey stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad