Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
E0jsdgFWUAEWS8u
He could have f***ing drowned. Let's not make light of that.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
For what he did to Buchnevich? Many times. It's a sucker punch, and suspensions have been quite common. For what he did to Panarin? I'm not sure about suspensions, but I also can't think of any comparables where a player pulls another down by the hair and slams them into the ice head-first. I'm not sure that precedent for specifics should really matter when there is a clear intent to injure.

wrong on all accounts. Didn’t punch him hard in the head. No suspension.
NHL found no evidence he pulled his hair and deliberately slammed him into the ice head first. No suspension.

These are the facts. Try sticking to them. I’m glad the NHL has for once and they hate him.

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
Why would they lie about him having a concussion. Their season is over. What is there to gain from that. It’s also against the CBA.
Sounds much, much more cool. Just like "he's done for the season". Creates more drama. What's gained? Future credits. Remember, the girl beating story - irrelevant whether it's valid or not, - may easily re-resurface.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Hey rest of NHL, feel free to 2 hand chop ovechkin/backstrom/carlson on the wrists until it breaks. Only cost you 5k.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Rangers have nothing to win for in their next game against the Caps. If they all don’t drop their gloves on the first face off and start going out of their way to do open ice hits on the Caps stars then they should just put this to bed because it wasn’t important enough or bad enough for them.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Everyone is more excited to see the next game between two teams where the outcome doesn't really matter to the standings more than they will watching the game where either Matthews scores 40 goals or McDavid scores 100 points.

And I'm one of em.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
wrong on all accounts. Didn’t punch him hard in the head. No suspension.
NHL found no evidence he pulled his hair and deliberately slammed him into the ice head first. No suspension.

These are the facts. Try sticking to them. I’m glad the NHL has for once and they hate him.

Clear hair pull and slew foot. Maybe you should try sticking to the facts.

Reactions: izzy and Memento

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Rangers should bring up multiple goons from the AHL and have them go after the Caps best players. They should not even bother with Wilson. They should just go after the Caps star players to let the Caps know every time Wilson cheapshots someone their star players will pay the price from now on.

Interesting idea, but im not sure Rangers AHL team could man handle Caps star players.

I love John Scott generally respecting the way Wilson plays ’the right way’, and convicting this single incident for star protection. Isnt this the same guy who attacked prime Kessel just because he wanted to hurt someone and Phil was the closest. Id bet that if John was on the blue shirt yesterday, he would first beat a star player to get even and then go after Wilson.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Rangers have nothing to win for in their next game against the Caps. If they all don’t drop their gloves on the first face off and start going out of their way to do open ice hits on the Caps stars then they should just put this to bed because it wasn’t important enough or bad enough for them.

Reminiscent of Isles-Pens fight night

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Do I need to quite the NHL again who would have looked at this with a microscope or you just good ignoring facts. Sweet. Up to you my friend :)

Does being blind limit your enjoyment of the sport? League gets it wrong all the time. Video shows it clearly.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I’m talking purely about the incident last night. Can’t find any precedence of someone being suspended for that.
Probably because player's dont grab someone by the hair and try to smash their face into the ground like a lunatic

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
the NHL is just begging for something stupid to happen when shit like this goes unpunished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad