Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
There’s no mention of a concussion in any discussion of Panarin’s injuries amongst official team messages. Only amongst internet lawyers. Also here to help.
Regardless, there are other ways to injure your head other than bruises and scratches... didn't seem like you knew that.

Reactions: NDiesel

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I'm not OP, but I've personally known two people who have died under 30 from hitting their head. It's not a stretch to assume hitting your head on the ice without a helmet by the the hands of a guy known for his intent to injure could result in death. Don Sanderson died a few years ago from hitting his head on the ice, Bill Masterton died on the ice. Bertuzzi had a similar incident as last night and ruined a persons life, and that turned into an assault case. The only reason this is being treated any different is because there's not a large scale injury.
If Panarins shoulder pad didn't hit the ice first to cushion him, his skull is going right down on that ice and it's not good.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
When Wilson slammed Panarin with head on the ice? Wouldn't it kill the player?

Ohh please no, it depends on where on the head and how hard etc. He could have, heck it happens where someone will get into a fight, get punched or hit in a fall, in the head and die hours or days later as a slow bleed can start.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Panarin must be Wolverine secretly. Amazing to not even have a scratch or bruise on his head after it was slammed on the ice.
I can't even see a scratch or a bruise on Kariya. Nothing to see here, folks!
merlin_10811579_4b1820ad-3870-4f5d-8a43-048de543b2e2-jumbo.jpg

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Ohh please no, it depends on where on the head and how hard etc. He could have, heck it happens where someone will get into a fight, get punched or hit in a fall, in the head and die hours or days later as a slow bleed can start.
So then I assume you would like to ban all fighting since using your logic any fight can result in a death.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
They've had to practice defending themselves for years with all the first round exits.
At least we don’t have a asterik next to our cup. Strange how in a odd year without fans perennial choke teams like the lightning and dodgers were able to win.
Says Panarin is out with LBI which makes sense considering he was missing practice because of it and now they are eliminated.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
5 times he still dont get it. 5k that will show him...

Base these fines on salery.

If i was Nyr i would hire a "hitman", throw him in as a goalie and teach mr Hulktard a lesson.

But i aint got no pig in this hograce.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
So then I assume you would like to ban all fighting since using your logic any fight can result in a death.

No, but we will see all fighting banned if the league fails to draw line and prevent garbage that's clearly beyond the scope of a normal fight and much more dangerous.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The speculation is on your end. The team said he did not return due to a lower body injury. If it really was a concussion why wouldn’t they announce it?
Hey I'm not speculating, I'm not the one that said he did or didn't have a head injury, I simply quoted you because you claimed that since he wasn't bleeding he couldn't possibly have a head injury, and must have had regenerative skin like Wolverine.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Imagine using the DoPS' ruling to justify your opinion after spending years claiming the DoPS' is 'out to get him' and that he's always treated so unfairly

The league was handcuffed by the rules of the CBA. Just because the rules haven't kept up, doesn't mean a logical person can't see how he went off the deep end here.

Reactions: BillPrep

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
As I said in the last thread, Parros is a joke - and not a funny one either. The fine is not enough; Wilson wipes his ass with the fine dollars. Wilson did two very questionable actions (punching Buchnevich in the back of the head while prone on the ice and throwing Panarin to the ice damn-near head first), and he's a repeat offender under the NHL's own ruleset for it (the seven game suspension earlier this season).

He should've been suspended a long time because it's very clear that he doesn't care and won't learn from what the NHL's trying to teach him. Those are the kind of players who are dangerous to others and themselves.

I'm not a fan of either team, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad