Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Wow victim hood on steroids.
Too bad the smashed skull thing never came close to happening.

Not victim hood, I don't know if you have been over to the Caps board or not, but there has been open mocking of Panarin. So nice try on that one first of all.

Second, the smashed skull was actually about an inch from happening. Not sure if you actually watched the video with Panarin and Wilson or not, but had Panarin's shoulders contacted the ice about .2 seconds later, his head would have hit the ice first (the skull is inside the head, FYI). Don't know how you can say "never came close" when it was an inch away.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
According to Forbes the Rangers were the most valuable franchise in the league in 2020, valued at $1.65 billion. And also bring in the most revenue with $225 million.

Even if Forbes' numbers aren't exact the Rangers have to be near the top of the list.

But I don't know if the Rangers owner is inner circle in the way some owners have had outsized influence with Bettman, like Jeremy Jacobs.

For sure, it’s difficult to ascertain. There’s revenue, and then there’s shit behind the curtains. Difficult to know for sure, but they have to be near the top, so their statement carries a lot of weight.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
I’d love to read the internal email chain between DOPS employees. Wouldn’t shock me if they mocked the Rangers for overreacting the way Colin Campbell did with the Cooke Savard incident...

Reactions: bobc222

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Maybe in Washington that's the case....
Guessing on the avatar, but you really want to tell me the penguins get more coverage then the steelers? Hockey might be getting slightly more coverage at the moment because of the incident but it will be short lived

Reactions: Smokin krak koken
Jul 12, 2007
I know I’m not the one you were responding to, but I would like to point something out. You’re right, there’s typically nothing wrong with having a different opinion than another individual. However, this isn’t solely the opinion of a single individual, it’s the opinion of most of HFB posters, NHL commentators, NHL insiders, former players, etc… at some point, you have to question whether your opinion is misguided and reevaluate why you have a different opinion than the majority of people. Is it fandom? Is it from personal experience? Is it a defense mechanism? Is it a fear of the NHL changing from how you enjoy the game? Regardless of the reason, give it some thought.
I’m wary of anyone who announces “everybody agrees with me” with zero proof / data. Any kid can announce this.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Obviously, some organizations have more pull than others in the league. I'd like to think the Rags have to be top 5, no?

1/2) Tor/Mtl
3/4) Bos/DRW
5/6) NYR/Chicago
7/8) Pens/Flyers
9/10) Oilers/Islanders

Either way, it's a big statement coming from one of the top historic organizations in hockey.
Rangers/MTL/Leafs actually have limited pull within the NHL. Bettman builds his power by appeasing the smaller market teams, since he needs 23 votes for issues to pass. You think Leafs, Rangers and Montreal wanted a full season lockout in 2004/05? or even the 34 games one in 2012/13? Revenue sharing? Collectivized retail/apparel agreements? Now, they still have a say since Leafs Ownership has the local tv rights for every Canadian team and the national TV deal, and MSG I believe has 4 of the American teams local deals. But, the most powerful owner in the NHL is Jeremy Jacobs, which therefore gives Boston the most pull.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper
Mar 12, 2009
How, by having a different opinion than you ? That’s kind of a childish description.
you love to play the victim eh lol...you entered this thread calling people dumb essentially for their opinions about the Wilson incident , and now you're crying again because someone has the opinion that you''re opinion is silly

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
And nobody bats an eye. It's hilarious.
@Chokingdogs

Why would anyone treat it the same? He doesn't pull a standing man backwards by pulling his hair, yanking his head backwards and aiming to drive a man's head into the ice when he doesn't have a helmet

In this case Crosby pushes someone's helmeted head toward the ice a couple times after taking him down from a kneeling position.

Not even remotely the same.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I do realize that but I dont believe for a second that Canada is going to suddenly not watch hockey or protest due to actions of Tom Wilson. I'm being serious, for those who keep saying this is a big deal, what can happen? The original 6 going to break off and form their own league? The nhl can't afford to have anything happen right now
you are right that it wont impact immediate viewership but the negative press hurts and if you dont recognize the longterm impacts of the NHl headlines being about Tom Wilson injuring someone rather then McDavid or Ovie scoring then I doubt I can sway your opinion. this makes the NHL look Bush league and likely impacts their ability to attract fringe fans. had they simply done what is viewed by most which would be suspend Wilson this would be a non event but Parros,DOPS and Bettman have made this a story and it's a story they dont want.

Big Shot

Apr 23, 2012
Oshawa
You really believe a bunch of guys from the minors would be up for this. I'm sure tough guys from the minors would be more then happy to go with Wilson in the right situation but doubt these players would have much interest in a revenge plot they had nothing to do with. Also how many "dirty arseholes" do the rangers employ :sarcasm:

Yes I do and I’ll tell you why, these guys all want a chance to play in the SHOW and try
and get a BIG NHL CONTRACT!!

These guys are hungry and they will go thru the wall for a chance to play in the NHL.
Think about it. Opportunity knocks and they don’t get many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad