Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It’s an opinion. That you wish was outlawed, but that’s OK.

Come on now, no one thinks that, if people weren't allowed to parade their shit opinions the world would lose like half its comedy.

Having an opinion isn't special. Anyone can do it. How well do you justify it? That's all that matters.

Reactions: GbgRanger

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Caps fans have had a hell of a year with the Wilson thread when he hit Carlo and got his suspension and now this.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Again I understand the nyr are one of the bigger franchises but what are you talking about? How do they look bad? Who is judging this? Media across the world? Hockey barely gets the highlights for a few seconds. Casual fans don't even know what happened. Die hard are arguing about it but otherwise no one really cares

They look bad if you are living on planet earth and actually saw what happened. Have you not seen the comments on this? Everybody in NHL and media covering it is talking about this. This is a big deal when a team comes out and blasts the NHL in a statement like that. This is not going away any time soon.

Jul 12, 2007
This entire debate has made me realize just how truly disgusting humans can become so quickly--

Openly mocking an individual for almost having their skull cracked open, and openly mocking the people who dare to speak out about the individuals perpetuating those actions.
Wow victim hood on steroids.
Too bad the smashed skull thing never came close to happening.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
This will lose steam when Wilson doesn’t play tomorrow. Caps know that Rags will be in its’ face all night and they know better than anyone that the mental defect can’t handle that. It will Roid out and snap.

So, like deciding not to take a pibull that has trouble with children to a five year old birthday party they’ll keep it in its’ cage in the locker room. Or wherever they keep the rabid defect chained up when they aren’t using it.
Wilson will play no doubt about that. He will also answer any bell that may ring with his name on it. Question is do the NYR players ring that bell.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
The Rangers will go down in flames due to this one.

The due process was followed, and no foul was found in the play with Panarin. This sort of lynching attempt should result in a hefty penalty. We will see what the league decides to go with.

Dolan is worth ~2.5 billion dollars. I'm sure he's on his way to file for Chapter 11 due to the upcoming fine. Lynching attempt? Give me a f***ing break.

Reactions: Biltmore

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
How, by having a different opinion than you ? That’s kind of a childish description.

I know I’m not the one you were responding to, but I would like to point something out. You’re right, there’s typically nothing wrong with having a different opinion than another individual. However, this isn’t solely the opinion of a single individual, it’s the opinion of most of HFB posters, NHL commentators, NHL insiders, former players, etc… at some point, you have to question whether your opinion is misguided and reevaluate why you have a different opinion than the majority of people. Is it fandom? Is it from personal experience? Is it a defense mechanism? Is it a fear of the NHL changing from how you enjoy the game? Regardless of the reason, give it some thought.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This entire debate has made me realize just how truly disgusting humans can become so quickly--

Openly mocking an individual for almost having their skull cracked open, and openly mocking the people who dare to speak out about the individuals perpetuating those actions.

Get this... all because of the jersey that person wears in a game. Although at this point everyone hates Wilson for his character, regardless of team.

Reactions: Biltmore

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
The Rangers will go down in flames due to this one.

The due process was followed, and no foul was found in the play with Panarin. This sort of lynching attempt should result in a hefty penalty. We will see what the league decides to go with.

1. You have no way of knowing what, if any, process was followed, and to what extent the process was followed to the letter. I have no idea how you can confidently make that assertion. All we know is that a decision was made, not the process nor anything surrounding the context of the decision.

2. A foul was found on the play as Wilson was penalized on the play and left the game as a result. There was not supplemental discipline assessed, but that doesn't mean that there was no penalty on the play.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Again I understand the nyr are one of the bigger franchises but what are you talking about? How do they look bad? Who is judging this? Media across the world? Hockey barely gets the highlights for a few seconds. Casual fans don't even know what happened. Die hard are arguing about it but otherwise no one really cares
you do realize that there is media outside of the US and that hockey gets more then a few seconds airtime up here in Canada. the NHL is getting a lot of negative press as a result of this decision.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
They look bad if you are living on planet earth and actually saw what happened. Have you not seen the comments on this? Everybody in NHL and media covering it is talking about this. This is a big deal when a team comes out and blasts the NHL in a statement like that. This is not going away any time soon.
Maybe in "hockey media". Not saying it's right but it will go away. The league can't afford to have a pissing match losing money hand over fist as it is during a pandemic.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
So, like a half a million people are aware of this?

Jul 12, 2007
Not sure where you got that impression, but since you consider gloved punches to the back of the head "little noogies", I'll just say I'm glad your opinion on this incident is quite rare and clearly in the minority. :help:
You can’t tell anything from that video. It’s embarrassing that you say you can. My guess = your guess.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Obviously, some organizations have more pull than others in the league. I'd like to think the Rags have to be top 5, no?

1/2) Tor/Mtl
3/4) Bos/DRW
5/6) NYR/Chicago
7/8) Pens/Flyers
9/10) Oilers/Islanders

Either way, it's a big statement coming from one of the top historic organizations in hockey.
According to Forbes the Rangers were the most valuable franchise in the league in 2020, valued at $1.65 billion. And also bring in the most revenue with $225 million.

Even if Forbes' numbers aren't exact the Rangers have to be near the top of the list.

But I don't know if the Rangers owner is inner circle in the way some owners have had outsized influence with Bettman, like Jeremy Jacobs.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wilson will play no doubt about that. He will also answer any bell that may ring with his name on it. Question is do the NYR players ring that bell.
If someone runs it instead of asking him to answer bell, it will snap. It’s how Carlo got concussed. Frederick tagged him hard, Wilson got enraged, and rammed Carlos head into the glass.

Its what it does. Scorpion/Frog. Nothing more, nothing less.

It’s a defective animal.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Maybe in Washington that's the case....

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
alright smack66 what part of that do you have a problem with ?
that tom wilson has to be clairvoyant to know who is on his back AND their intentions as soon as he realizes someone is literally on his back ?

When Wilson slammed Panarin's helmetless head to the ice for the first time it was more than 5 seconds after Pananrin jumped on him. In that time he stood up, squared up, and travelled from above the icing line to the end boards plus several meters along them while wrestling. It was not a split second reaction to an unseen attacker.

When Wilson slammed Panarin's helmetless head to the ice for the 2nd time Wilson was on his feet while holding the back of Panarin's jersey while he was somewhere between prone and his hands and knees. It was not a split second reaction to an unseen an attacker.

"I got spooked" is not a free ticket to do whatever you want.

Last edited:

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
you do realize that there is media outside of the US and that hockey gets more then a few seconds airtime up here in Canada. the NHL is getting a lot of negative press as a result of this decision.
I do realize that but I dont believe for a second that Canada is going to suddenly not watch hockey or protest due to actions of Tom Wilson. I'm being serious, for those who keep saying this is a big deal, what can happen? The original 6 going to break off and form their own league? The nhl can't afford to have anything happen right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->