Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
It’s an opinion. That you wish was outlawed, but that’s OK.
their opinion is that yours was very stupid, they're just expressing and opinion same as you were, pretty straightforward from my point of view. Weird that you twist it to make yourself the victim because you're incapable of backing up your gibberish lmao.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Obviously, some organizations have more pull than others in the league. I'd like to think the Rags have to be top 5, no?

1/2) Tor/Mtl
3/4) Bos/DRW
5/6) NYR/Chicago
7/8) Pens/Flyers
9/10) Oilers/Islanders

Either way, it's a big statement coming from one of the top historic organizations in hockey.
Rangers are number one because of their market, and they’re worth as much as the Canadians.

Jul 12, 2007
their opinion is that yours was very stupid, they're just expressing and opinion same as you were, pretty straightforward from my point of view. Weird that you twist it to make yourself the victim because you're incapable of backing up your gibberish lmao.
It’s simple, crying about some non-punches and a schmoe getting thrown off somebody’s back = silly.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It’s an opinion. That you wish was outlawed, but that’s OK.

It’s a bad opinion and should be treated as such. Ridiculed until you learn better.

alright smack66 what part of that do you have a problem with ?
that tom wilson has to be clairvoyant to know who is on his back AND their intentions as soon as he realizes someone is literally on his back ?

panarin started the part between wilson and panarin by jumping on wilson's back. if it goes south, well that's on panarin.

Nobody is going to side with you on Panarin starting it when at each point in Wilson’s engagement, he was taking shots at people tied up with other players leading to it. You don’t need clairvoyance to know that even if someone sucker punches you, you’re not allowed to turn around and kill the guy without repercussions. Please stop and think before you continue to post awful crap like this.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
that tom wilson has to be clairvoyant to know who is on his back AND their intentions as soon as he realizes someone is literally on his back ?

panarin started the part between wilson and panarin by jumping on wilson's back. if it goes south, well that's on panarin.
based on your comments I dont think there is anything I can say that would change your mind. I guess if Cole caufield sticks his nose into a scrum and grabs say Milan Lucic it will be ok for Lucic to throw down with Caufield right? what ever happens is all Caufields fault

/s

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Rangers are number one because of their market, and they’re worth as much as the Canadians.
I think from a hockey history perspective (i.e., longevity, history, cups, iconic players, etc), it's a good list. Its about history, not money.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This will lose steam when Wilson doesn’t play tomorrow. Caps know that Rags will be in its’ face all night and they know better than anyone that the mental defect can’t handle that. It will Roid out and snap.

So, like deciding not to take a pibull that has trouble with children to a five year old birthday party they’ll keep it in its’ cage in the locker room. Or wherever they keep the rabid defect chained up when they aren’t using it.

Reactions: Biltmore

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017

It’s a difficult list to make, with a lot of variables that might extend beyond market size, but I hope you understood the point I was trying to make.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I think from a hockey history perspective (i.e., longevity, history, cups, iconic players, etc), it's a good list. Its about history, not money.
Money matter's the most in regard's to this situation with the League. Don't forget that the Owners are Gary's bosses.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
This will lose steam when Wilson doesn’t play tomorrow. Caps know that Rags will be in its’ face all night and they know better than anyone that the mental defect can’t handle that. It will Roid out and snap.

So, like deciding not to take a pibull that has trouble with children to a five year old birthday party they’ll keep it in its’ cage in the locker room. Or wherever they keep the rabid defect chained up when they aren’t using it.
interesting point. I wonder if Caps will do that to somewhat appease the NHL.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if the rangers are fined for their statement but it won't go any further then that. Don't care if Bettman goes. Cooler heads will prevail. Owners do not care that much about Tom Wilson. They care about money and a distant 2nd is winning.

Not that I disagree with owners care more about the bottom line over player safety, however, a star player for the Rangers was hurt by this BS. Imagine Wilson doing that to Ovechkin and ending his season.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The Rangers will go down in flames due to this one.

The due process was followed, and no foul was found in the play with Panarin. This sort of lynching attempt should result in a hefty penalty. We will see what the league decides to go with.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
NHL looks really bad right now. Anybody surprised?
Again I understand the nyr are one of the bigger franchises but what are you talking about? How do they look bad? Who is judging this? Media across the world? Hockey barely gets the highlights for a few seconds. Casual fans don't even know what happened. Die hard are arguing about it but otherwise no one really cares

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
This entire debate has made me realize just how truly disgusting humans can become so quickly--

Openly mocking an individual for almost having their skull cracked open, and openly mocking the people who dare to speak out about the individuals perpetuating those actions.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Rangers will go down in flames due to this one.

The due process was followed, and no foul was found in the play with Panarin. This sort of lynching attempt should result in a hefty penalty. We will see what the league decides to go with.

Pretty sure they can pay whatever fine they might get.

Parros is done after this.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

He doesn't need to be any of those things. He needs to carry himself in an appropriate manner. That you can't think of a single other example from over 100 years speaks volumes.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Honestly that's the most off the mark punishment I think I've ever seen.

I was expecting he'd get at least 5 games, and maybe up to 20+

The guy has been doing this crap for too long. This slap on the wrist is essentially the league saying that attacking the head of a defenseless player is no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->