Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Sorry to all the Tom Wilson haters but Wilson didn't get suspended because it was determined it wasn't a suspendable play. I'm sure DoPS wanted to but they can't really change another rule for Tom Wilson.
Tom Wilson got 4 mins for roughing a 10 minute misconduct and a $5000 fine. That's about the max they could give him for that without changing the rules.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Should the Rags instigate violence in tomorrow's game, I have no doubt they will penalized heavily. The due process as set by the league was followed and the penalty according to the rule book administered. It will be very interesting to see what will transpire tomorrow.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Yeah and that's how it should've stayed, right?

meh a kind of violent middle ground would be my preference enforcers really did work for a good long time

I’m not a caps fan or a Wilson fan btw I think people are thinking that for some reason I just like Eller from the caps that’s it

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
So you’re choosing to ignore the context there because Konecny clearly headlocks Crosby and drives his head into the ice immediately before he does the same.

2 wrongs don’t make a right. If wilson should be tarred, feathered, crucified and burned on the cross for what he did....Crosby deserves similar treatment, no? He had TK prone and slammed his head/face into the ice 2 or 3 times.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
meh a kind of violent middle ground would be my preference enforcers really did work for a good long time

I’m not a caps fan or a Wilson fan btw I think people are thinking that for some reason I just like Eller from the caps that’s it
Boldly claiming to not be a fan of a team that you have an avatar of is pretty ballsy if not idiotic. You have to admire the gall I suppose.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Should the Rags instigate violence in tomorrow's game, I have no doubt they will penalized heavily. The due process as set by the league was followed and the penalty according to the rule book administered. It will be very interesting to see what will transpire tomorrow.
Due process doesnt mean much when evidence is ignored and the decision is
A) Incompetent
B) Lacks transparency
C) Nonsensical

If you're in a position like the DOPS and your decision makes no sense you can't then hide behind claims that you followed due process correctly and expect everyone to blindly accept that

Reactions: Biltmore

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sorry to all the Tom Wilson haters but Wilson didn't get suspended because it was determined it wasn't a suspendable play. I'm sure DoPS wanted to but they can't really change another rule for Tom Wilson.
Tom Wilson got 4 mins for roughing a 10 minute misconduct and a $5000 fine. That's about the max they could give him for that without changing the rules.

In a vacuum, I don’t think Wilson’s conduct was so egregious. Scrums happen all the time, guys get sucker punched, and sometimes hair gets pulled. I’m a Rangers fan btw.

My issue with Wilson’s conduct is that he manufactured that shit show out of thin air, on the heels of his fifth major suspension, because just playing a game of hockey is apparently too boring for him. It was nothing game and there was no history between Buchnevich and Wilson. But Wilson just had to dial it up to 11 after a generic play in the crease.

Reactions: Kegsey

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
South Philly
No no, discuss away, just get a life in the process. This is reaching embarrassing levels of hyperbole.

Why do you care what people do in their free time? I have a PhD in biochemistry and molecular biology, run a research lab at the USDA studying plant diseases that cause billions of dollars in crop losses a year, and manage ~$3M in grants a year. In my off time, I like to discuss hockey. It’s fun, relaxing. That also includes telling you to mind your own f***ing business.

Reactions: Biltmore

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Why do you care what people do in their free time? I have a PhD in biochemistry and molecular biology, run a research lab at the USDA studying plant diseases that cause billions of dollars in crop losses a year, and manage ~$3M in grants a year. In my off time, I like to discuss hockey. It’s fun, relaxing. That also includes telling you to mind your own f***ing business.
Cool stop crying, it's embarrassing.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I do realize that but I dont believe for a second that Canada is going to suddenly not watch hockey or protest due to actions of Tom Wilson. I'm being serious, for those who keep saying this is a big deal, what can happen? The original 6 going to break off and form their own league? The nhl can't afford to have anything happen right now
Parros can deservedly lose his job and the next head of DofPS will have a firmer hand in situations like these. Or even better, they come up with a different, superior system then the one that has a former enforcer like Parros make wishy washy BS excuses for Wilson’s behavior as he gives him another slap on the wrist. (And makes other terrible decisions involving other players.)

The GMs have to actually want suspensions to be handed out more though. There’s a reason Parros does his job this way and it’s not to amuse himself. GM have to decide if they want the punishments handed out to have more teeth.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
No no, discuss away, just get a life in the process. This is reaching embarrassing levels of hyperbole.

You're free to come onto a public message board and tell other people what you find embarrassing, but it's not particularly useful information.

Reactions: berlin

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It’s a bad opinion and should be treated as such. Ridiculed until you learn better.

If strome or buchnevich wanted to go, they could have announced their intentions.

By not jumping on Wilson's backm

Nobody is going to side with you on Panarin starting it when at each point in Wilson’s engagement, he was taking shots at people tied up with other players leading to it. You don’t need clairvoyance to know that even if someone sucker punches you, you’re not allowed to turn around and kill the guy without repercussions. Please stop and think before you continue to post awful crap like this.

Wilson had literally nothing to do with panarin before panarin jumped on Wilson's back.

The he defended himself.

Reactions: Kukaruchku

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
2 wrongs don’t make a right. If wilson should be tarred, feathered, crucified and burned on the cross for what he did....Crosby deserves similar treatment, no? He had TK prone and slammed his head/face into the ice 2 or 3 times.

You’re not pointing out some double standard. You’re pointing out that the issue is more widespread. Both Konecny and Crosby should see supplemental discipline but won’t because they let Wilson off the hook.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
You're free to come onto a public message board and tell other people what you find embarrassing, but it's not particularly useful information.
Crying all day long about a non suspension is objectively embarrassing but continue on doing it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Parros can deservedly lose his job and the next head of DofPS will have a firmer hand in situations like these. Or even better, they come up with a different, superior system then the one that has a former enforcer like Parros make wishy washy BS excuses for Wilson’s behavior as he gives him another slap on the wrist. (And makes other terrible decisions involving other players.)

The GMs have to actually want suspensions to be handed out more though. There’s a reason Parros does his job this way and it’s not to amuse himself. GM have to decide if they want the punishments handed out to have more teeth.
Punishments are collectively bargained so the problem is not parros, it's the PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->