Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiSe

Dec 10, 2010
I don’t think some people understand just how close we came to an extremely tragic thread.

Does someone have to die before the league takes player safety seriously? Should it take a Bertuzzi incident for the league to dish out serious punishments? Everything this league does is reactive instead of proactive.

Good on the Rangers for standing by their players and telling the NHL and Parros to go f’ themselves.
No they just need yellow bellies like you to stop watching before they decide they're losing enough money to make a change.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Im curious if youve ever watched an actual hockey game before? How many times do you see players coming to the aide of a teammate? Often.

Now how many times to you see an unevolved gorilla take that guy by the hair and try to slam him head first into the ice after he already sucker punched someone else? Never.

The ability for Caps fans to ignore this is almost impressive. I think you've now taken the mantle for least favourite franchise for many posters here. For your sakes, I hope you win the Cup because if not, it's going to be an absolute bloodbath of insults and hilarious comments towards you. I for one cannot wait for that day

Oxygen!

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Well aware of the rangers popularity. Hockey is already a fringe sport. So none of the casual fans care anyway about what goes on outside of their team going on a run. If the rangers are fined for their statement how will that hurt anything? Rangers die hards going to protest their own team? What actual thing will happen that is worsened by the fact that it's an original 6 franchise?
The NHL’s richest and highest earning revenue team just called out the League and an NHL executive by name. It f***ing really matters dude. Imagine if some of the owner’s take on the Rangers side here, they are literally Gary’s employers. You don’t understand how this works, do you?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
As someone with no ties to either team or any of the players, it's harder for me to decide who is behaving in a more despicable manner right now, Tom Wilson or Caps fans.

Yikes at some of the posts I'm reading here, show an ounce of either objectivity or empathy.
Crazy to me that every other fan base is pretty clearly on the Rangers side and Caps fans are laughing about it. Shocking, really. Then again, I've been to 17 NHL arenas including Washington and haven't been treated worse by any other fan base.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Neither are you if that's what you're taking from my post because I didn't compare Tom Wilson to pedophiles or rapists. Those people need to be castrated, nobody is saying that about Wilson. He does, however, deserve to take some dirty hits and cheap shots.
Wilson should be castrated.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Tryblot
Mar 12, 2009
I love that this is still going and it's the same dudes crying about it all day long, don't you people work? Get something better to do because it doesn't matter if you post 1000 times saying the same thing, Tom Wilson didn't get a suspension, Tom Wilson didn't deserve a suspension and Tom Wilson is a Stanley Cup Champion.
white knighting on Tom Wilson of all people's behalf in your few off work hours is definitely less pathetic than the posters you mention lol

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Crazy to me that every other fan base is pretty clearly on the Rangers side and Caps fans are laughing about it. Shocking, really. Then again, I've been to 17 NHL arenas including Washington and haven't been treated worse by any other fan base.
Yeah there’s no split here, it’s literally the League vs the Caps and they still think they’re right. It’s insane.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
The NHL’s richest and highest earning revenue team just called out the League and an NHL executive by name. It f***ing really matters dude. Imagine if some of the owner’s take on the Ranger’s side here, they are literally Gary’s employers. You don’t understand how this works, do you?
None of thats going to happen. It's amazing how far this has all gone. So Boston, Pitt and a couple other teams side with the rangers? Then what. Their going to sit out until wilson is gone? Seriously how far do you believe this will go?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
you basically need to bring guns for self defense against this guy who just has reckless murderous intensions.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Let's settle this on the ice with fists. Stop with the whining...time to settle it with a good ol fashion brawl!

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
None of thats going to happen. It's amazing how far this has all gone. So Boston, Pitt and a couple other teams side with the rangers? Then what. Their going to sit out until wilson is gone? Seriously how far do you believe this will go?
I think the NHL just created a huge problem by not suspending him and I honestly have no idea how far it’s gonna go but it certainly isn’t going to end over night.

Big Shot

Apr 23, 2012
Oshawa
If I were the Rangers, I would be bringing up every dirty arsehole in the organization for the next game against the Caps. No player on Washington should be OFF LIMITS. Two can play this game.

I would definitely be out for some retribution.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Caps fans showing their true colors defending this psychotic POS. Everybody is talking about what he did to Panarin but what he was doing to Buchnevich to start the whole thing was just as bad. I'm absolutely stunned this troglodyte didn't get suspended but then again it is the NHL. Great sport but horrible league.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Same here. By far, the least knowledgable fans in hockey. It's almost comical to go there.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
I like WHL too as it's second to NHL, but maybe I'll give NCAA a shot. After all, the CHL produces a lot more dirty players than NCAA does.

It can be difficult to catch B1G games on TV (without the right tv package), but living in Michigan, I can attend a game (Michigan or MSU) from free-$15. The atmosphere is great, the on ice product is fun, and the concession stand is a hell of a lot cheaper haha.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
I think the NHL just created a huge problem by not suspending him and I honestly have no idea how far it’s gonna go but it certainly isn’t going to end over night.
Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if the rangers are fined for their statement but it won't go any further then that. Don't care if Bettman goes. Cooler heads will prevail. Owners do not care that much about Tom Wilson. They care about money and a distant 2nd is winning.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I found it.

“The New York Rangers are extremely disappointed that Capitals forward Tom Wilson was not suspended for his horrifying act of violence last night at Madison Square Garden. Wilson is a repeat offender with a long history of these types of acts and we find it shocking that the NHL and their department of player safety failed to take the appropriate action and suspend him indefinitely. Wilson’s dangerous and reckless actions caused an injury to Artemi Panarin that will prevent him from playing again this season. We view this is a dereliction of duty by NHL head of player safety, George Parros, and believe he is unfit to continue in his current role.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce