Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
If I'm New York I give guys like Fox, Zibanejad, etc. the night off tomorrow and bring up all the goons I have. The result of the game doesn't matter for them but if the NHL won't police the league you have to do it yourself

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If one is worried about hitting their pretty little curls on the ice, they probably shouldn’t jump on somebody’s back, on the ice.
Especially as “revenge” for a couple of little noogies to your mate.
Phil Kessel has more Cups than Wilson, Backstrom or Ovechkin.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Fair punishment. The Rags attacked him 3 on 1 and he went into self-defense mode. Maybe if they had someone man enough to take on Wilson like a man, 1 on 1 then this wouldn't have happened.
Uh Buch was face down on the ice with another cap on his back when Wilson punched him. So you're not just wrong, you're imagining something that is the opposite of reality. It was 2 on 1 caps advantage with a prone Buch at that point. When he squared off with Pan it was also literally 1 on 1. He chose to take a guy who wasn't even punching at him, grabbed him by the hair and tried to slam him head first into the ice.

Is your post sarcasm and I just didnt realize it?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If I were the Rangers, I would be bringing up every dirty arsehole in the organization for the next game against the Caps. No player on Washington should be OFF LIMITS. Two can play this game.

I would definitely be all over Ovie.
Fortunately they've made it clear they'd rather call out the NHL than resort to that.

Reactions: Kords
Mar 12, 2009
Still waiting for the joke
the joke is he's a facebook uncle's who's internet poisoning has caused brain worms that leave him perpetually fighting the 2016 era online culture wars he fought so valiantly in
Exhibit A for the enraged bunch.
Haha, you own it.
The sarcasm understander has logged on folks! how can you be so obtuse as to miss the sarcasm smiley? Are you new here? That light bulb needs a change I reckon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Brown

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
If I were the Rangers, I would be bringing up every dirty arsehole in the organization for the next game against the Caps. No player on Washington should be OFF LIMITS. Two can play this game.

I would definitely be all over Ovie.

Great! Finally some rivalry action to get the blood pumping! blood and guts old time hockey you say?

tenor.png

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if the rangers are fined for their statement but it won't go any further then that. Don't care if Bettman goes. Cooler heads will prevail. Owners do not care that much about Tom Wilson. They care about money and a distant 2nd is winning.
Cooler head’s haven’t prevailed though my dude. That’s why we’re here.

Reactions: Biltmore

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
is it lonely on the island by yourself?

alright smack66 what part of that do you have a problem with ?
that tom wilson has to be clairvoyant to know who is on his back AND their intentions as soon as he realizes someone is literally on his back ?

panarin started the part between wilson and panarin by jumping on wilson's back. if it goes south, well that's on panarin.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Caps fans showing their true colors defending this psychotic POS. Everybody is talking about what he did to Panarin but what he was doing to Buchnevich to start the whole thing was just as bad. I'm absolutely stunned this troglodyte didn't get suspended but then again it is the NHL. Great sport but horrible league.

Their fans were always like this. Nothing new.

Reactions: Biltmore and Lomez

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Obviously, some organizations have more pull than others in the league. I'd like to think the Rags have to be top 5, no?

1/2) Tor/Mtl
3/4) Bos/DRW
5/6) NYR/Chicago
7/8) Pens/Flyers
9/10) Oilers/Islanders

Either way, it's a big statement coming from one of the top historic organizations in hockey.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Obviously, some organizations have more pull than others in the league. I'd like to think the Rags have to be top 5, no?

1/2) Tor/Mtl
3/4) Bos/DRW
5/6) NYR/Chicago
7/8) Pens/Flyers
9/10) Oilers/Islanders

Either way, it's a big statement coming from one of the top historic organizations in hockey.
That a good assessment by the way.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Uh oh you done throwed the despicable card. Quick, use deplorable !
Either work.

Based upon your posts though, it seems like you're the type of person who thinks it makes you a big man to have mindlessly idiotic opinions as long as they rile up other people. Being aggressively wrong doesn't make you smart or correct, it just makes you an asshole.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

I would definitely be out for some retribution.
You really believe a bunch of guys from the minors would be up for this. I'm sure tough guys from the minors would be more then happy to go with Wilson in the right situation but doubt these players would have much interest in a revenge plot they had nothing to do with. Also how many "dirty arseholes" do the rangers employ :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad