Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #3 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Are you proud of the way Wilson plays? Or are you happy his behavior effectively went unpunished? Either way, that's shameful and embarassing.

In case you haven't kept up with the other threads: yes, he unashamedly celebrates Tom Wilson's flagrant disrespect for the safety of other teams' players

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I mean, at the end of the day, the folks defending Tom Wilson are apparently OK with hair pulling and keeping the gloves on. Basically, they support and embrace absolute bitch-level tactics. It speaks volumes about their character on a collective level.
All the rules they keep creating to "prevent fighting" are turning into these kinds of "we're not fighting! We're not fighting!" scrums.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm asking what was he suppose to do there? Everyone on the ice in the scrum. Panarin came after him. It all happens in 10 15 seconds. Do you really think Wilson or really anyone else would suddenly stop and skate away because it's panarin.
I've already posted what Wilson could've done differently and chose not to twice in the last half hour. I'm not doing it again.

All I'll say is there was zero reason to keep attacking Panarin once he was on the ice. Zero. You wanna keep displaying moral bankruptcy and say there was, be my guest.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Wilson went a little overboard but for those who played competitive hockey, they know in a scrum its almost anything goes. Of course there are limits but usually in a scrum they let the guys do what they want as its usually all heat of the moment and you're trying to claw your way out of it.

As for DoPS.... they let guys like Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres get away with almost everything when they played. Are you shocked they are still lenient?

On what planet does hair pulling "go" in a scrum? I've been sucker punched from behind, I've been kicked, and I've even been bitten.

Never once did I have some f***ing loser try and pull my hair like a little toddler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I am just correcting the spreading wildfire that Artemi Panarin will miss the "rest of the season" due to Wilson. That's all.

Whats your point? That it’s suddenly ok because he wasn’t injured? You should be embarrassed even bringing this up.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Nah dude. I played competitive hockey for my entire life growing up. Obviously I wouldn't go try and injure a guy. I'm not going to bat for the dudes saying someone should end Wilson's career. I'm saying its understandable.

What Wilson did isn't something that's normal in hockey scrums. I'm not sure what kind of hockey you played.
An extra punch to a guy right in front of you that your team is upset with? That's the most normal thing. It's not necessarily every game but come on. Guys hit people who are tied up all the time, give an extra shot now and then to see what would happen or get a reaction, etc... It's a shitty thing to do but it's still gamesmanship and not outrageous, sort of like when a guy uses another guy to get up after a check and shoves his head into the ice just for fun. You either chip back or you don't.

It's just nothing that transcends the boundaries of the game (and the game within that game). The slam is the worst part about it and it's still not exactly something you can call easily suspendable.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
On what planet does hair pulling "go" in a scrum? I've been sucker punched from behind, I've been kicked, and I've even been bitten.

Never once did I have some f***ing loser try and pull my hair like a little toddler.

Like I said, he went overboard, But expecting the DoPS to lay down the line was wishful thinking.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Lol yall really wanted suspension just simply for two reasons:
1) It's Tom Wilson
2) It's Artemi Panarin.

Glad the NHL at least once in a while didn't fall for this bullshit.

I wanted a suspension because

-hairpulling is a gutless move that is a terrible look on a supposedly tough sport
-planting someone's helmetless head into the ice by pulling them backwards by the head is incredibly dangerous

I don't like the precedent of either being allowed or accepted as commonplace

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm asking what was he suppose to do there? Everyone on the ice in the scrum. Panarin came after him. It all happens in 10 15 seconds. Do you really think Wilson or really anyone else would suddenly stop and skate away because it's panarin.

Drop the gloves like a man instead of keeping the gloves on and pulling hair? How about that? Tom Wilson is an absolute coward.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Let me know when they say "hey somebody should bite the bullet and bury their stick in that guy's temple for the rest of us", because that's what I'm addressing.
I mean he said sucker punch them in the face or break their ankles...

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
All the ranger fans (and pens fans apparently) crying for lifetime suspension for a fight is laughable. At the same time they are fine with Strome not getting a third man in call, which is in reality what escalated the whole thing.
No one's crying about a fight. There was no fight. Not in the context of the NHL.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Wilson went a little overboard but for those who played competitive hockey, they know in a scrum its almost anything goes. Of course there are limits but usually in a scrum they let the guys do what they want as its usually all heat of the moment and you're trying to claw your way out of it.

And the refs let it go for no reason other than "We have always done it this way". AFAIK, violent sports like rugby or football do just fine without such leniency to scrums turning into fights or at least shove-fests. Why is the NHL so in love with this kind of scrums?

Reactions: Eisen

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Like I said, he went overboard, But expecting the DoPS to lay down the line was wishful thinking.

I mean, that's a correct point since we know that the DoPS is pathetic and enables these scumbags to play like this (this has been going on for over a decade, now).

Let's stay away from trying to normalize bitch-made, cowardly hair pulling, though.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

There is... and pulling someone's hair to spike their head backwards is clearly beyond them. If players can't be trusted to not do shit like that "in the heat of the moment" physical hockey is at its end

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
People acting like this is the end of the world. Maybe if the rangers had some toughness on there team. Call up Mason geertsen paul Thompson austin ruenschoff they have some beef in the minors. This is why you need toughness. Imagine wendel Clark or lindross or Probert in todays nhl. They would be running wild unchecked like Wilson. Reaves never really fights bit hits everything with impunity. Hope the rest of the league start adding toughness

The big difference between guys like Clark, Lindros and Probert is they weren’t chicken shit p***yes when it came to answering the bell like Tom Wilson is.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I guess because there was no injury or attempt to injure [ :laugh: ] no suspension... That body slam to the ice sure looked reckless, but I'm sure he wasn't trying to do that. :huh:

Reactions: Oilers 322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad