Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #3 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Bullshit, Ovechkin couldn't even fight Svechnikov without half of HFBoards calling him a coward for fighting a smaller, younger person.

Lol wut? Very few people said that. People were sorry to see Svechnikov injured but almost nobody blamed Ovi.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If you're going to grab a guy that's bigger than you for a fight and you have long hair, it's going to get pulled. But fundamentally you're right. Panarin should have avoided a battle with Wilson.

I mean. Sure. In a f***ing street fight. Not in a sanctioned fight and not in a fight in hockey.

If this is the case, I'll fully support other street fight tactics. Maybe someone should kick Wilson in the nuts next time? I mean, it happens in street fights so it must be OK.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
By not suspending him, the DOPS has just created an even bigger blood bath for their next games. I fully expect the Rangers to goon it up

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
People acting like this is the end of the world. Maybe if the rangers had some toughness on there team. Call up Mason geertsen paul Thompson austin ruenschoff they have some beef in the minors. This is why you need toughness. Imagine wendel Clark or lindross or Probert in todays nhl. They would be running wild unchecked like Wilson. Reaves never really fights bit hits everything with impunity. Hope the rest of the league start adding toughness
That's not the issue at hand. The league has signalled the league of goons is over. Meanwhile, they allow steroid apes like Wilson being inches away from ending careers of star players. In a worst case scenario, he could've ended two within 10 seconds. That's beyond terrible judgement on their part. Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean there was a severe risk it could've happened. It's total bullshit.

At least NYR knows the era of goons isn't over. The NHL doesn't care about player safety, it won't protect its star players and it won't care about anything but profits. Par for the course in my book. It's all just empty talk.

The only change is I think NYR will be alot tougher for the next season. And they know the team has to protect itself the old school way, while the NHL says "it's not the way" while lying through their teeth.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Everyone would have been fine with him if he had done that and no one would be calling him a bitch, a coward, a toddler, etc. Why? Because it's what you do in hockey. You don't leave your gloves on and pull hair like some f***ing child.

To be fair, Tom Wilson does, and then follows it up with...

ADD3CF91-9EA2-4973-B43B-6FDF54241B2E.gif

Beyond embarrassing and pathetic.

Reactions: Mathews28

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Somebody will go out there eventually and seriously injure Wilson, and only then will things change.

Reactive not proactive.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I like a rough game. But I’d be embarrassed to support a coward who goes around acting like a tough guy giving cheap shot punches from behind and pulling guys’ hair before slamming them down. Not only that, he acted like Hulk Hogan on Panarin of all players, and flexed about it from the penalty box.

Now there’s the type of player to admire lol. I don’t know about you but from a young age, I was taught to look my opponent in the face and not pull their hair.
When you were younger and at your age you looked up to ppl - this was a 2 minute penalty, so not sure your point.

Wilson is bigger, faster, and stronger than most players. He's not built like a hockey player. He's built like a linebacker - and that's not his fault. No one in NHL is like him. 6'4"... very fast... and plays on top line where you get a lot of intense/top end matchups. He's going to be involved in stuff like this.

I am not defending it. It was shitty and he didn't need to hit a player on ground... I'm just saying what he did wasn't worth a major suspension or "kicking him out of the league" like crazy ppl here have said. It was a major... and that's it.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Everyone would have been fine with him if he had done that and no one would be calling him a bitch, a coward, a toddler, etc. Why? Because it's what you do in hockey. You don't leave your gloves on and pull hair like some f***ing child.

That you actually support and embrace such bitchy, pathetic tactics, again, speaks volumes.
Panarin needs to show some personal accountability. He jumped Wilson from behind and put himself in a position to be whipped to the ice like to that.

League said there’s no evidence that Wilson pulled him down by his hair so you scan stop trying to push that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad