Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #3 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Lol, stop repeating internet words you've lost arguments to until you learn what they mean.

You can’t understand the simple fundamentals of the sport, kid. I wouldn’t be trotting out intelligence digs.

Extremely simple stuff here, and you can’t begin to comprehend it. I feel kind of bad for you.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Guys who actually played in the NHL are saying its free game now to do whatever you want in scrums... Did they not "play hockey" either?

Let me know when they say "hey somebody should bite the bullet and bury their stick in that guy's temple for the rest of us", because that's what I'm addressing.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The fact there's so many people cheering for violence in this thread speaks volume. I'm not sure if people like this stuff because the NHL encourages it or the NHL tolerates this because people want it but it's keeping the league from progressing.

People calling the Rangers soft also speaks volume to how macho society still is.

The problems here are Tom Wilson and his dangerous antics as well as the league disregarding the players safety. Not the Rangers. Not Panarin. Not Buchnevich. Victim blaming is shameful.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Did that hit a nerve or something? If you played you should know exactly what I'm talking about: plenty of agitators I hate that I still couldn't justify hitting in the ear with my hockey stick like that was fair or just. Same guys that can't seem to stomach being knocked down legally and steam up like a tea kettle because they can't play the game within the game.

But sure, go to bat for the guys who say that his jab on Buchnevich is such blatant attempt to injure that somebody needs to end his career preemptively.
Nah dude. I played competitive hockey for my entire life growing up. Obviously I wouldn't go try and injure a guy. I'm not going to bat for the dudes saying someone should end Wilson's career. I'm saying its understandable.

What Wilson did isn't something that's normal in hockey scrums. I'm not sure what kind of hockey you played.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
I still don't understand the fans who defend this. I've looked back at some of their posts and they JUMP on the refs for missed calls and crap going against their team. Same type of people who never care about issues till it affects their family.

A: They love Tom Wilson
B: They love caps
C: They love Tom Wilson because he plays in Caps

Brad Marchand doing same stuff to Ovie/Backström or any other Caps star players and they would be crying for penalty and how Marchand should be banned for long time.

How many times those same fans have been crying about Crosbys cheapshots? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lua

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
If you're going to put your money down on anything, it's the Rangers doing absolutely 0 in this next game. They will absolutely roll over. (actually, a continuation of how they were after that scrum)

Sad, but true.

I think the teams will just go play hockey ... and this is a blip to be forgotten.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The fine for the Buchnevich thing is ok, it's the Panarin incident that I can't fathom.

Someone captured it pretty cleanly. With his track record any suspension would have to be huge, and they didn't have the guts/ desire to that.

And to avoid explicitly condoning pulling someone down backwards by their hair, they cop out and say "there wasn't ample evidence" despite it being caught on tape.

Reactions: Eisen

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
The Caps should just give Wilson entrance music at this point and Wilson should be allowed to wear a specialized jersey with the face of his most recent victim on it with the words "Who's Next?" above the picture.

Since the league tolerates his actions, just turn it into a whole marketing campaign.
Maybe Parros can do a rendition of Van Halen's Big Bad Bill is Sweet Wilson now.

smd333

May 2, 2012
All the ranger fans (and pens fans apparently) crying for lifetime suspension for a fight is laughable. At the same time they are fine with Strome not getting a third man in call, which is in reality what escalated the whole thing.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If you're going to put your money down on anything, it's the Rangers doing absolutely 0 in this next game. They will absolutely roll over. (actually, a continuation of how they were after that scrum)

Sad, but true.
If the Rangers had a lineup full of players who could turn this into a war, there's a better chance Wilson sits for a game.

That's not intended as a shot at the Rangers, but the DoPS.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Lol yall really wanted suspension just simply for two reasons:
1) It's Tom Wilson
2) It's Artemi Panarin.

Glad the NHL at least once in a while didn't fall for this bullshit.

I honestly didn’t think it was bad but expected a few games. The whole throw him out of the league talk is downright hilarious, people really need to grow up.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Player B pulls player A off of a teammate who already has someone on him.
Player A and B stand and tussle.
Player A rips off Player B's helmet.
Player A horsecollars or grabs Player B's hair and violently slams him to the ice.

Player A was not defending himself...he was attempting to injure Player B.

$5k fine. And it's ok to do that now.

That's the message. Scrums are now fair play to grab an opponent and de-helmet him, whip him violently to the ice, punch him while prone, you name it. Yes you may get a penalty, but you'll be back to play that game and there will be no suspension.

Great job NHL DOPS.

I mean, at the end of the day, the folks defending Tom Wilson are apparently OK with hair pulling and keeping the gloves on. Basically, they support and embrace absolute bitch-level tactics. It speaks volumes about their character on a collective level.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You can’t understand the simple fundamentals of the sport, kid. I wouldn’t be trotting out intelligence digs.

Extremely simple stuff here, and you can’t begin to comprehend it. I feel kind of bad for you.

You're arguing with a full-on Tom Wilson fanboy. Look at his avatar. Not worth your time, Jase.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Not what I said, but okay.

I'm just glad those folks aren't out learning how to play, because the last thing I need in my rec league is somebody thinking they need to "pay the price for everyone else" and "teach somebody a lesson" because they can't handle their own emotions in a physical game.
Tom Wilson is a dude who can't handle his own emotions. I'm pretty confused. You telling me guys that have done stuff he's done during his time in the NHL are just accepted in your rec league? They'd be blackballed in mine.

Do you play hockey in the Mad Max universe?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wilson went a little overboard but for those who played competitive hockey, they know in a scrum its almost anything goes. Of course there are limits but usually in a scrum they let the guys do what they want as its usually all heat of the moment and you're trying to claw your way out of it.

As for DoPS.... they let guys like Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres get away with almost everything when they played. Are you shocked they are still lenient?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
All the ranger fans (and pens fans apparently) crying for lifetime suspension for a fight is laughable. At the same time they are fine with Strome not getting a third man in call, which is in reality what escalated the whole thing.
Wilson going full Hulk on Panarin, attempting to end his career is kind of what escalated this - and then the ape feeling greatly proud about it, while the Caps organization gloated about the whole incident. And the idiots running the NHL.

If Panarin wouldn't have been able to turn his torso and the back of his skull actually would've hit the ice first, with him now being in a life and death situation with a cracked skull and severe cerebral hemorrhage at the hospital - do you think these threads would've looked different by any chance? Fractions of a second and Panarin's body control prevented that. Not Wilson by any means, his actions intended to drive Panarin's skull into the ice in his infinite rage. But now we're cheering? Yeah? f*** no. Wilson's behaviour was downright despicable. He shouldn't play another game. He should be in jail and see a shrink - and stop the roids. And he certainly shouldn't play hockey. He has severe mental issues.

Who goes out and flexes after being inches away from ending two hockey careers? And who is dumb enough to not realize that and the situation they were just in? Only Wilson. Apparently that's fine by the NHL, because it didn't happen THIS TIME by pure chance.

What if Wilson goes ape shit and kills McDavid's career the next time? If it doesn't happen, fine, if it does happen, what an outrage? Is that the game here? Is Wilson or McDavid more important to hockey? It's a very simple question.

Last edited:

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
People acting like this is the end of the world. Maybe if the rangers had some toughness on there team. Call up Mason geertsen paul Thompson austin ruenschoff they have some beef in the minors. This is why you need toughness. Imagine wendel Clark or lindross or Probert in todays nhl. They would be running wild unchecked like Wilson. Reaves never really fights bit hits everything with impunity. Hope the rest of the league start adding toughness

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
And that makes the way Wilson handled it okay as usual.
I'm asking what was he suppose to do there? Everyone on the ice in the scrum. Panarin came after him. It all happens in 10 15 seconds. Do you really think Wilson or really anyone else would suddenly stop and skate away because it's panarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad