Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #3 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
I've already posted what Wilson could've done differently and chose not to twice in the last half hour. I'm not doing it again.

All I'll say is there was zero reason to keep attacking Panarin once he was on the ice. Zero. You wanna keep displaying moral bankruptcy and say there was, be my guest.
Still catching up and a few pages back so haven't seen those posts yet. As far moral bankruptcy, didn't say agreed with it but it's tom wilson. Panarin had to have known he was making a poor decision.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
people on social media do not represent the general public, its easy to get caught up in that... even when most people there are outraged, it pales to the number of people who dont give a f.. about wilson and his stunt. incidents like this prove once again that the opinions of the trendy twitter people do not align with the interest of the people in the real world.
The problem with your argument is this isn’t twatter, it’s a hockey fan forum who the overwhelming majority of people think this was a dirty, punk bitch play. So keep defending you guy to the end.

Reactions: Number 9

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
All the ranger fans (and pens fans apparently) crying for lifetime suspension for a fight is laughable. At the same time they are fine with Strome not getting a third man in call, which is in reality what escalated the whole thing.

You must be one of the dumbest f***s around. You see your buddy getting assaulted while in a prone position for doing nothing wrong and you're gonna watch?

Here's one for you. TJ Oshie is getting pounded like that in front of the net on the PP, you're telling me Wilson isn't ripping dudes off the pile and protecting his guy? Strome did exactly what he is supposed to do. Wilson decided that a modified DDT and a punch to the side of the head was the right thing to do. He has mental issues, and it seems as though he might have done the same maneuver on you if you think this way.

Wilson must think everyone wears two helmets like he does, at least that's the only reason I can see why he thought slamming Panarin to the ice after pulling on his hair was a good idea.

Wilson will get his, and nobody can say shit. There will be a bigger douche that comes in the league and takes it out on him. I won't feel bad at all. For every Matt Cooke, there is an Evander Kane that will plant one on him. I cannot wait for that day.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, because people would have applauded his masculinity and bravery if he threw the gloves with Panarin. Give your head a shake, they'd just call him all the same shit for throwing them instead.

Everyone would have been fine with him if he had done that and no one would be calling him a bitch, a coward, a toddler, etc. Why? Because it's what you do in hockey. You don't leave your gloves on and pull hair like some f***ing child.

That you actually support and embrace such bitchy, pathetic tactics, again, speaks volumes.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Everyone would have been fine with him if he had done that and no one would be calling him a bitch, a coward, a toddler, etc. Why? Because it's what you do in hockey. You don't leave your gloves on and pull hair like some f***ing child.

That you actually support and embrace such bitchy, pathetic tactics, again, speaks volumes.
Bullshit, Ovechkin couldn't even fight Svechnikov without half of HFBoards calling him a coward for fighting a smaller, younger person.

They would crucify Wilson for actually throwing live punches with... 5'11" 170-something Panarin.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lol yall really wanted suspension just simply for two reasons:
1) It's Tom Wilson
2) It's Artemi Panarin.

Glad the NHL at least once in a while didn't fall for this bullshit.

1) It's a repeat offender piece of shit
2) It was a disgusting play

Anyone defending Wilson has lost any credibility/respect they had. The entire board is in agreement that it was a piece of shit move that has no place in the game. There's a handful of Wilson fanboys embarrassing the entire Caps fanbase.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
The fact there's so many people cheering for violence in this thread speaks volume. I'm not sure if people like this stuff because the NHL encourages it or the NHL tolerates this because people want it but it's keeping the league from progressing.

People calling the Rangers soft also speaks volume to how macho society still is.

The problems here are Tom Wilson and his dangerous antics as well as the league disregarding the players safety. Not the Rangers. Not Panarin. Not Buchnevich. Victim blaming is shameful.
Nope people calling the Rangers buttery soft know DOPS is a complete joke. It’s there for the league to say we are “protecting” our players.Players need to police themselves. When you got a guy like that pulling this crap you need to go out there and lay him or one of his teammates out. If you don’t that team will keep taking liberties every time you play them.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Lol yup. All NHL players should go with a tonsure just incase a manchild loses their temper and grabs them by the crown of their head
If you're going to grab a guy that's bigger than you for a fight and you have long hair, it's going to get pulled. But fundamentally you're right. Panarin should have avoided a battle with Wilson.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Yeah, I have no idea if the Rangers have any goons bopping around in the AHL, but if they do, there's absolutely no reason to not call them up and have them run Carlson or Backstrom or Kuznetsov or whomever. The only thing that will ever stop Wilson from doing this is if the other players start suffering consequences.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Bullshit, Ovechkin couldn't even fight Svechnikov without half of HFBoards calling him a coward for fighting a smaller, younger person.

They would crucify Wilson for actually throwing live punches with... 5'11" 170-something Panarin.

I couldn't care less if Wilson fought Panarin. Panarin would have brought it on himself. It's hockey.

Again, you literally are supporting, praising, and embracing a grown f***ing man pulling the hair of another while keeping his gloves on. You are supporting, praising, and embracing one of the most pathetic, cowardly acts humanly possible. If that's the hill you want to die on, at least we know your character.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still catching up and a few pages back so haven't seen those posts yet. As far moral bankruptcy, didn't say agreed with it but it's tom wilson. Panarin had to have known he was making a poor decision.

Even if that were true it accomplishes nothing but victim blaming someone who should be admired for sticking up for his teammate and trying to prevent injury by physically engaging a much larger player. It certainly does not alleviate Wilson of the responsibility of his actions nor scrutiny from fans and teams around the league.

Blaming Panarin here for comparative negligence is a weak smokescreen to distract from said scrutiny and seems to pop up every time Wilson steps over the line.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

If only there was a middle ground between hair pulling and beating the piss out of someone. It's a shame that those are the only two results that come out of every scrum in every hockey game ever playerd.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
A: They love Tom Wilson
B: They love caps
C: They love Tom Wilson because he plays in Caps

Brad Marchand doing same stuff to Ovie/Backström or any other Caps star players and they would be crying for penalty and how Marchand should be banned for long time.

How many times those same fans have been crying about Crosbys cheapshots? :sarcasm:

wrong! Crosby is the swan diving nut puncher. Malkinstien is the slew footing cheap shot artist.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
DOPS says it’s not suspension worthy and they’ve never got it wrong before so why is there still a debate :sarcasm:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If only there was a middle ground between hair pulling and beating the piss out of someone. It's a shame that those are the only two results that come out of every scrum in every hockey game ever playerd.
You have to wonder if "fans" like HTFN have actually ever played the game or if they have watched for more than a year or two. I can't fathom this line of thought from someone actually experienced with hockey.

I've never seen an actual hardcore fan or someone who played the game embrace hair pulling.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I mean he said sucker punch them in the face or break their ankles...
sucker punch I agree with, sure. Don't know about the ankles thing from an "on a mission" point of view but defensively, Phil Kessel style, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad