Confirmed with Link: Tom Kuhnhackl 1 year deal

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Are we going to bring in a good player this off-season? Because so far we haven't
Karlsson and Voynov are the only two remaining options that can make us competitive IMO. The former is probably too desirable for us to secure; the latter, well..

Fingers crossed we can sign CdH.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don’t know what happened to this guy, but I remember watching him when he was on Windsor in the OHL. I think it was the year they won the Memorial Cup. Pittsburgh had already drafted him in the 4th round in 2010. It was his first year in the OHL, and he scored 38 goals. Watching him, I thought, wow, big kid who can score, what a steal ! Had a great playoffs too. What the hell happened to him ?

He had a serious shoulder injury that came close to ruining his career.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
I think I'm beginning to see what Lou has in mind.... the bottom six and PK always needed an upgrade. Because there are no real answers in goal and no major upgrades on the back end, the two best ways to improve the teams GA numbers is by improving the PK, bottom six and employing a real system on defense. I'm not enamored, but I don't hate it either.
You basically hit Lot's philosophy right on the head. When you Don't have a lot of talent you put in a system where every players first responsibility is defense. Clog the neutral zone, clog the lanes, dump the puck wait for a breakdown by the other team. Exciting to watch? No. High scoring? Hell no. Does it produce a higher chance of wins given the on ice talent? Yes.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
You basically hit Lot's philosophy right on the head. When you Don't have a lot of talent you put in a system where every players first responsibility is defense. Clog the neutral zone, clog the lanes, dump the puck wait for a breakdown by the other team. Exciting to watch? No. High scoring? Hell no. Does it produce a higher chance of wins given the on ice talent? Yes.

This is my thought process exactly. This is what is going to be in place for the long haul though in my opinion.

"BU BU BUT BARZAL ONLY GOT SIXTY OF DA BIG POINTZZZZ!!! HYMAN IS BETTER DAN HIM"

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I don't think that this guy could be a bottom 6 guy for the Moriches Mutants of the East End South Shore Hockey League
I think that is a little extreme. He is nothing special, but if he can play 9-11 minutes on the fourth line in every PLAYOFF game for the Penguins, I am pretty sure he can play for the Islanders.
I am okay with this signing, nothing wrong with having a guy like this for depth.
On the other hand, I do NOT get this signing of this Matt Lorito guy. The other minor league signings are fine, but why did we give this guy a two year deal and the second year is a ONE WAY contract. Why would we plan a year in advance to guarantee this nobody a spot on the NHL roster, can someone explain this to me?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think that is a little extreme. He is nothing special, but if he can play 9-11 minutes on the fourth line in every PLAYOFF game for the Penguins, I am pretty sure he can play for the Islanders.
I am okay with this signing, nothing wrong with having a guy like this for depth.
On the other hand, I do NOT get this signing of this Matt Lorito guy. The other minor league signings are fine, but why did we give this guy a two year deal and the second year is a ONE WAY contract. Why would we plan a year in advance to guarantee this nobody a spot on the NHL roster, can someone explain this to me?

just another underwhelming signing.

Lorito makes no sense at all, he might be Lou's 4th cousin on his mother's side maybe

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah and at that point in time Garth Snow will be GM of the Canes and will grab him

You jest but mark my words, someday, some foolish owner will take a chance on Snow. He has a pedigree now (albeit a highly questionable one). Snow convinced Wang to make him GM when he was a backup goalie. He survived the Lou era. I imagine he will find a new GM position eventually

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
You jest but mark my words, someday, some foolish owner will take a chance on Snow. He has a pedigree now (albeit a highly questionable one). Snow convinced Wang to make him GM when he was a backup goalie. He survived the Lou era. I imagine he will find a new GM position eventually

I was not joking, was serious LOL

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Depth signing, the kind of depth you find at the deep end of the swimming pool clogging the filter, but depth nonetheless.

Would be great if he was signed specifically to end Judas' (thanks PW i'm using that for life, my avatar will have Tr91tor in it, forget the other poster who clued me in on that!) career.

Reactions: PWJunior

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Didnt Lou say right after he was hired that this league was now all about speed?....

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Didnt Lou say right after he was hired that this league was now all about speed?....

Lou is clearly setting up the tank. These moves will pay dividends in the future, he's playing chess while we're playing checkers. We need another year of high end talent infusion, especially at center. Next year's draft class is full of quality ones.

He's also preserving his cap space for next year.

Reactions: SI90

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Lou is clearly setting up the tank.

Or, he was all in on Tavares and now there's virtually nothing he can do. The free agents all suck, there's no goalies available worth a squirt of piss, and aside from a couple moves, nobody is trading.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lou is clearly setting up the tank. These moves will pay dividends in the future, he's playing chess while we're playing checkers. We need another year of high end talent infusion, especially at center. Next year's draft class is full of quality ones.

He's also preserving his cap space for next year.

Hughes Newhook Turcotte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad