Confirmed with Link: Tom Kuhnhackl 1 year deal

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I guess it's only a 1 year contract, but other than that, I do not get this move at all. Hopefully it's a 2way deal for Bridgeport, but I'm guessing it isn't.

Bridgeport bound

I doubt it's an AHL signing. Kuhnhackl has enough clout (regular on two Cup winners) to get some team to offer a 1-way deal. I doubt he'd sign this early in the summer for a two-way deal.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
It's going to be a rough year,

I think you might be surprised, depends on the defense... whether CDH comes back..Towes development.. Pelech development
Don't think Barzal, Tito and Lee aren't listening to the gloom and doom predictions without Tavares. I think they're going to take this as a personal challenge. If I was Trotz that's the angle I'd be pushing.

Reactions: Hagstrom

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If this guy can successfully get injured every 3rd game he will be a Prince clone

LMAO

I liked Prince, he was a sparkplug but I don't think it was effective having bottom 6 forwards that couldn't contribute on the special teams.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
LMAO

I liked Prince, he was a sparkplug but I don't think it was effective having bottom 6 forwards that couldn't contribute on the special teams.

Prince would be out 3 months if Marchand kissed him... he was the most brittle player ever to wear the blue and Orange.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I doubt it's an AHL signing. Kuhnhackl has enough clout (regular on two Cup winners) to get some team to offer a 1-way deal. I doubt he'd sign this early in the summer for a two-way deal.
I agree, but it just leaves me scratching my head. I guess playoff experience is a good point, though.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
I know Lou is the Don, but do you think Trotz is having a say in these signings, because all three players that we have signed might doing really well in a Trotz grinding, Lou defensive shell system mixed with a great top 6 which we already have.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I know Lou is the Don, but do you think Trotz is having a say in these signings, because all three players that we have signed might doing really well in a Trotz grinding, Lou defensive shell system mixed with a great top 6 which we already have.

My rose colored glasses suggest that he may be finding homes for Clutter and Cizikas and building a 4th line of Johnston/Buttonov/Tank

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You mean this guy has 2 cups and Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Mats Sundin, Shea Weber, and John Tajudas have zero combined?

He could have even potentially had 3 Cups, if he didn't have hands of stone. He rang one off the post in Game 6 OT versus the Caps about two minutes before Kuznetsov scored the winner.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I didn't say he was actually *good* on the PK, though. Just that he's capable of acting like a shot sponge.

To be honest, I think his lack of quickness/awareness is the reason he has to block so many shots. He's not in position to take away the shooting lane, so he has to make a last ditch effort to get in front of the shot before it reaches the net.
filppula and komarov aren’t *good* either, which is why these moves seem strange.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
filppula and komarov aren’t *good* either, which is why these moves seem strange.

guys, we were the worst defensive team in hockey last year. these guys can play some defense and shore up our PK. Plus i agree they maybe in place for when we lose other, more valuable players via trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad