Confirmed with Link: Tom Kuhnhackl 1 year deal

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Last night showed that we need offensive minded players on D and at the forward positions badly. No one on this team can snipe.

Reactions: ebergeist

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How so? He hasn‘t been the worst of the bottom liners. He needs a solid minutes, this type of on/off minutes doesn‘t do Tom or the team any favors.

He played 69 games last year for the powerhouse Penguins, he was able to contribute 8 total points. He's not good and shouldn't be given minutes. Enough with this.

Reactions: Lek

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
He played 69 games last year for the powerhouse Penguins, he was able to contribute 8 total points. He's not good and shouldn't be given minutes. Enough with this.

Yes and in what role? His role was to dump the puck and not to get scored against. If I remember correctly, he played alot of penalty killing in the Penguins.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yes and in what role? His role was to dump the puck and not to get scored against. If I remember correctly, he played alot of penalty killing in the Penguins.

I don't care what role you're in, 8 points isn't enough in that amount of games. Cizikas played 5 less games and put up 17 points for a terrible Islanders team. Alan Quine put up 18 points in 61 games two seasons ago. You're out to lunch.

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
4 points in 7 games are quite good and with more satisfaction, he can help the team, don't forget he was a goal scorer in junior age, so he still knows where the goal is and he is an absolute team player.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
He was the best player on the ice not named Barzal last night. He was also the only person on the PP who actually drove toward the net and caused confusion for the defense and goalie.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't care what role you're in, 8 points isn't enough in that amount of games. Cizikas played 5 less games and put up 17 points for a terrible Islanders team. Alan Quine put up 18 points in 61 games two seasons ago. You're out to lunch.

I’m not ready to annoint him a top nine forward and re-sign him to an extension, but I don’t think you’re giving him enough credit. He’s getting a chance to show some of the offensive ability he had in juniors that he wasn’t able to show due to his development/deployment on Pittsburgh.

When he was on the powerplay, he went right to the net and was screening the goalie too. He’s a big body that can skate and his shot is not half bad.

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m not ready to annoint him a top nine forward and re-sign him to an extension, but I don’t think you’re giving him enough credit. He’s getting a chance to show some of the offensive ability he had in juniors that he wasn’t able to show due to his development/deployment on Pittsburgh.

When he was on the powerplay, he went right to the net and was screening the goalie too. He’s a big body that can skate and his shot is not half bad.

I think he's valuable, because he's effective in the role he has. He shouldn't be given more time because of a seven game stretch. His highest point total in professional hockey is 30 in the 2014-15 season in the AHL. Other than that he's never even cracked 20 points in any professional league.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
He is a solid player and good depth type - especially at $700,000. Much better than a Bernier or similar AHL vet. He can slot into the lineup and doesn't hurt you. He can score some goals and PK. I like Kühnhackl and have been impressed with his play. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I see where you're coming from but Pittsburgh thought he was good enough to keep him around for two Cup runs and for a third season after that. Would they have won those cups whether Knuckles was there or not? Undoubtedly. But, he was on the squad vs. whatever other bottom six choices they could have made. That must mean something. And now the Isles brass have decided he should be on the roster vs. the other choices that they have and who are we to substitute our judgement for theirs?

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Kuhn was actually really good in his first cup run with a couple of key plays. Far from just a warm body.

His 2nd cup run was rather unimpressive to be fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad