Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Cryptic messages like that make me believe Brady took Twitter lessons from AB

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Top 3 spots looking like Patriots, Titans and Chargers (not in the poll, just my opinion). Maybe the Raiders with an outside shot.

It really feels to me like he's not coming back to NE, but it could all be a smokescreen.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Cryptic messages like that make me believe Brady took Twitter lessons from AB

Intentionally cryptic and unintentionally incomprehensible are not the same thing.

Brady is trying to make us guess with that post on purpose. I can't tell what's going on with that photo one way or another (other than it's a "look at me moment" to hijack the superbowl hype for a bit). If I had to guess I'd say he's walking away from Gillette, but then that's biased by what I want him to do. I am ready for the Brady era in New England to be over (even as a casual Pats fan). He did not look good this last year, he certainly wasn't the Tom Brady of old.

Brown isn't trying to make us guess, but the garbage that comes out of his mouth/mind is so... bizarre at times that there are parody accounts dedicated to being his "translator".

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
I'd love to see Brady in Silver and Black, but I do think he will stay in NE when its all said and done. As for twitter, I'd probably be doing the same thing if millions of people wanted my next move. Must be a rush to post stuff like that and watch the world freak out.

Reactions: Voight

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Bro, there's a better chance AB is in jail by September than on an NFL team.
Sure, but if TB will team up with him. AB will straighten back up and take his suspension and TB will have his main weapon. They're good friends and both have one last thing to prove seeing they're both at the end of father time.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Top 3 spots looking like Patriots, Titans and Chargers (not in the poll, just my opinion). Maybe the Raiders with an outside shot.

It really feels to me like he's not coming back to NE, but it could all be a smokescreen.

The Titans have what Brady is looking for:

Young receivers
Durable running back
Good offensive/defensive line
Bend don’t break defense
Mike Vrabel at the helm (past connections)

At the end of the day, it’s all in Tom’s decision.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Pats willing to shell out 30+ to keep Brady, Brady also wants a commitment from Bill to bring in better offensive weapons which is nothing new and Bill has done in the past. If Brady stays, which Ian mentions as a very real possibility, it wouldn’t surprise me to see an offseason similar to ‘07.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
As a raiders fan I am very disappointed. The guy is done, and Carr has performed very well given the crap he’s had to throw to last two seasons.
Gruden says he wants a qb that can scramble, Brady literally never does that.
Poor Carr... I hope he lights it up with another team. Then Brady retires as he should after this season.

Raiders To Pursue Tom Brady

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Did this really need it’s own thread or could it have gone in the other Brady thread where Schefter’s tweet had already been posted?

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
As a raiders fan I am very disappointed. The guy is done, and Carr has performed very well given the crap he’s had to throw to last two seasons.
Poor Carr... I hope he lights it up with another team. Then Brady retires as he should after this season.

I don't think he's done. He's not the level he one was but still capable. Look he he was throwing to this season. The Raiders have a good Oline and running game. Hypothetically if they were to sign Brady and grab a Jerry Juedy or Ceedee Lamb I could see them challenging for a playoff spot next season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

I don’t think Gruden ever had any intention of keeping Carr long term. He was always going to draft and develop his own guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if they trade Carr and take a QB this year, if Brady chooses to sign with them. They have the draft capital to move up if they like this year’s class.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't really think Carr is the answer for the Raiders...not that a 42 year old is either. But I can definitely see ownership and Gruden pursuing Brady for the move to Vegas. What a way to add an additional level of hype to the franchise.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

You haven't watched Brady much if you think he's "done".

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm torn. My heart says he'll be a lifer in New England, my mind is telling me otherwise. I guess I fall under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category in regards to Brady in another jersey.
It makes too much sense for both parties not to reach an agreement. The Patriots really don't have another answer at QB. Stidham is not ready, hes needs another year or two of seasoning and the team is built to win now, so are the really going to sign Mariota or Dalton for a year and turn the keys over to him?

Brady will probably have a bit of a market, but how big is yet to be seen. Does he really want to start over with a new franchise? New offense? Will McDaniels go with him to make the transition easier? In the end I really doubt he wants to leave unless the Patriots shove him out the door.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t think Gruden ever had any intention of keeping Carr long term. He was always going to draft and develop his own guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if they trade Carr and take a QB this year, if Brady chooses to sign with them. They have the draft capital to move up if they like this year’s class.
Unless it’s Herbert they want they can get any of Eason or Love staying put. Got to believe one of LAC, Jax, Car takes Herbert in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad