Where will Brady play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Anyone know, where his official home is? We hear about selling his Boston area home, where does he consider home?? ( Feel free to joke Rio)

I remember stories about seem crazy mansion in Arizona... So, California teams!!!, Denver for a year or two.. He ends up being a 1/2 private jet flight away form his family.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Anyone know, where his official home is? We hear about selling his Boston area home, where does he consider home?? ( Feel free to joke Rio)

I remember stories about seem crazy mansion in Arizona... So, California teams!!!, Denver for a year or two.. He ends up being a 1/2 private jet flight away form his family.

Wherever Gisele wants to live? She's the bread winner and wears the pants in the house.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
If he really plays I'm sure it's back with the Pats. Belichick didn't do a great job getting him weapons but somethings were out of his hands (Andrews) and they did go get Brown, who didn't work out. I think they restock the cupboard a bit and try one more time; I imagine Kraft is going to push really hard for that to happen, and I imagine there are some FAs out there who would want to be part of one more Brady run and pick the Pats over 'x' team with even dollars.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he really plays I'm sure it's back with the Pats. Belichick didn't do a great job getting him weapons but somethings were out of his hands (Andrews) and they did go get Brown, who didn't work out. I think they restock the cupboard a bit and try one more time; I imagine Kraft is going to push really hard for that to happen, and I imagine there are some FAs out there who would want to be part of one more Brady run and pick the Pats over 'x' team with even dollars.
They tried to get Brown before the draft. But you can’t go into training camp with Brady with Gordon as your best pure wideout with his issues. Need better insurance than that. And TE was never replaced.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
They tried to get Brown before the draft. But you can’t go into training camp with Brady with Gordon as your best pure wideout with his issues. Need better insurance than that. And TE was never replaced.
Ya it definitely wasn't great but, frankly, they've had worse offenses going into the year. I suspect the plan was to try to be a run first team and that fell apart with the Oline injuries & then both FBs going on IR. I would expect them to address TE and WR as well as possibly shoring up the Oline a bit if Brady comes back. My assumption is there will be an owner mandate to "go all in for Tommy". It'll ruffle Belichicks feathers and may cause him to leave soon after, but Kraft legit talks of Brady like he's another son.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If he leaves the Pats then I'll also go with the Chargers. That seems to be the popular choice and it makes sense to me. There's all the non-football stuff but they're also a talented team that could contend right away. They've got good skill position players on offense with Allen, Williams, Henry, and Ekeler. I think you could make a case that all of those guys are better than anyone the Pats had. Maybe Edelman would be in the mix but he'll also be 34 years old at the start of next season. They have a lot of talent on defense as well if they can stay healthy. The biggest area of concern would be the OL and they'd have to improve significantly or else Brady likely wouldn't last the season.

Brady's contract and the dead cap stuff I just read about today makes this more interesting.

Now, because of salary cap machinations the team engaged in last offseason, there’s an extra $13.5M hanging out there that needs to be accounted for with Brady’s deal.

The team has until free agency begins on March 18 to give Brady a new contract; otherwise, the $13.5M will count against their 2020 salary cap. And that’s regardless of whether or not he re-signs here after free agency begins.

So if Brady goes out, tests the waters and gets a one-year offer from someone for $25M, matching that would mean Brady carries a $38.5 million cap hit in 2020. That’s 19.25 percent of the projected $200M salary cap for 2020.

If the Patriots sign Brady to a one-year deal for $25M on, say, March 17, half of the $13.5M in prorated money hits the cap so the cap hit is $31.75M — 15.875 percent of the cap.

For Brady to remain a Patriot and not take up an unacceptable amount of cap room he first HAS to re-sign before March 18 to avoid the $13.5M cap charge. So the idea I’ve bandied about that Brady will go take a free agent tour then come back to the Patriots is faulty.

Second, he probably has to accept less than the $23M the team paid him last year since the Patriots aren’t going to give a raise to Brady with the additional $6.75M being tacked on to his salary, especially after a modest season, especially when they need to go shopping.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/impasse-between-tom-brady-patriots-almost-impossible-solve

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

According to Brady’s good friend Willie McGinest, Giselle hates LA which makes sense as to why they sold their LA mansion. Other than Brookline, MA their main home was in NYC which also makes sense from a fashion industry stand point for Giselle. They just bought a new home in Greenwich, CT which is essentially a suburb of NYC, so I’d be willing to bet that will be there “official” home as soon as their MA home sells.

Know they also have homes in Costa Rica and Montana, not so sure about AZ though.

Last edited:

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
The Bears are the only team he could legitimately take to the next level. Now is a very bad time to leave Belichicks shadow, he's just not good enough anymore.

I think he stays.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

well their offense was based around the TE position. Whether being a target or the schemes they ran. Having a guy like Gronk can cover up a lot of weaknesses in other areas on offense. You just don’t magically replace a guy like that.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The bye has been crucial for nearly every team the last 2 decades in winning a SB, not really a Patriots thing, but I appreciate how you associate the bye with the Patriots and success.

I know you’re an outrageous homer and massive troll, but even you can’t be this dense. He says the Patriots get a bye nearly every year because their division affords them many free victories. It is factually true.

member 157595

I find it incredibly unlikely he plays anywhere other than NE but I've made a life out of being wrong.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I know you’re an outrageous homer and massive troll, but even you can’t be this dense. He says the Patriots get a bye nearly every year because their division affords them many free victories. It is factually true.
The afc east notion has been disproven several times on this board, so who's really being the dense one?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The afc east notion has been disproven several times on this board, so who's really being the dense one?
No, it hasn't been disproven. From the time Brady and Belichik got together, the AFC East has been garbage with essentially zero quality QBs to compete with the Patriots.

Name the best QBs to play in the division against the Pats. Once you're done making that list, you'll see (but will never admit here) how the Pats have had the easiest annual route to a first round bye. Everyone else had to deal with quality franchise QBs in their division over the past 20 years. The Pats instead spent 20 years beating up draft busts and low-end journeymen vets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he leaves the Pats then I'll also go with the Chargers. That seems to be the popular choice and it makes sense to me. There's all the non-football stuff but they're also a talented team that could contend right away. They've got good skill position players on offense with Allen, Williams, Henry, and Ekeler. I think you could make a case that all of those guys are better than anyone the Pats had. Maybe Edelman would be in the mix but he'll also be 34 years old at the start of next season. They have a lot of talent on defense as well if they can stay healthy. The biggest area of concern would be the OL and they'd have to improve significantly or else Brady likely wouldn't last the season.

Brady's contract and the dead cap stuff I just read about today makes this more interesting.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/impasse-between-tom-brady-patriots-almost-impossible-solve
Brady has $13.5 mill of dead cap. Brees would count around $20 mill of dead cap.

whether it’s in 2020 or later both teams will have to eat a big dead cap year.

reworked the contracts of both QBs several times already. Neither team will bring in a $20 mill QB immediately once those guys are gone.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
No, it hasn't been disproven. From the time Brady and Belichik got together, the AFC East has been garbage with essentially zero quality QBs to compete with the Patriots.

Name the best QBs to play in the division against the Pats. Once you're done making that list, you'll see (but will never admit here) how the Pats have had the easiest annual route to a first round bye. Everyone else had to deal with quality franchise QBs in their division over the past 20 years. The Pats instead spent 20 years beating up draft busts and low-end journeymen vets.
They have beat up on everyone and the stats prove it. Whats the toughest divison in your mind? Whats the divison if the Pats where in the last 20 years that they wouldn't dominate?

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They have beat up on everyone and the stats prove it. Whats the toughest divison in your mind? Whats the divison if the Pats where in the last 20 years that they wouldn't dominate?
Deflect all you want, but you can’t argue with the easy button they’ve been able to press over and over thanks to their division competition never having quality QB play.

Other teams had to great QBs twice a season within their division at various points over the past 20 years. Only the Patriots have been blessed with the total garbage the Bill, Dolphins, and Jets have rolled out at QB each season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I heard Arians press conference last week. Didn't seem sold on Jameis. plus he can chuck the ball to Evans, Perriman, and Godwin.

Plus Arians would be a classic old school coach that he probably respects and wouldn't mind playing for. He saw Arians work when he was PIT OC, so he knows what he's getting into (more or less)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Deflect all you want, but you can’t argue with the easy button they’ve been able to press over and over thanks to their division competition never having quality QB play.

Other teams had to great QBs twice a season within their division at various points over the past 20 years. Only the Patriots have been blessed with the total garbage the Bill, Dolphins, and Jets have rolled out at QB each season.
Im directly addressing your point about the afc east being crap. 75% of the league is crap on a yearly basis. There are only a handful of good teams/QBs each year. You can put the Patriots in any divison and the results are the same. The numbers actually bear out that the AFC east plays the Patriots the toughest out of any division. So the complete opposite of what you are trying to say

Reactions: Bocephus86

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I can see the Titans working due to the Jon Robinson / Mike Vrabel connections and that it is not too far from Boston. So he wouldn't be on the other side of the country, away from his kids.

But I doubt he'll pull a Brodeur, he's sticking in Foxborough.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Im directly addressing your point about the afc east being crap. 75% of the league is crap on a yearly basis. There are only a handful of good teams/QBs each year. You can put the Patriots in any divison and the results are the same. The numbers actually bear out that the AFC east plays the Patriots the toughest out of any division. So the complete opposite of what you are trying to say
But what you’re skipping is that, over the past 20 years, no other team has enjoyed having zero quality QBs to compete against in their division.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
Plus Arians would be a classic old school coach that he probably respects and wouldn't mind playing for. He saw Arians work when he was PIT OC, so he knows what he's getting into (more or less)
does tom brady have the arm for that system? real question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad