Rumor: Toffoli deal looks to be done?

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
There were early rumours last week that Pettersson would want to be looped in.

The players have really bonded well, and we know how nice Swedes are. What if Pettersson tells Benning that he will take less to help fit everyone?

Technically they can resign Pettersson as soon as July 1st IIRC, same with Hughes.

I want to see Jim pull some crazy moves of resigning everyone with minor moves to move out Eriksson and Virtanen......

An LE buyout is fine too. You save nothing this season, but gain $3m next season and then its 667k for 2 years...that's an easy BO

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Over under of 5x5. If more than bad deal for Nucks (even though he def could get in UFA). If less, good del for Nucks.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
And let me get my prediction in just for the lulz.

2 years $4m NMC
Toffoli helps team to get by flat cap, small term to allow for another contract after from Vancouver or other places. With EP40 and PP time, his stats will surely boom and help him secure a big contract after flat cap and expansion draft.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Arguably are 2nd best prospect and at worse 3rd. Who's better than Madden other than Pod and arguably Hoglander?

Just out of interest, where do you see Tyler Madden fitting into the Canucks future plans? (If he was still with the team)

He doesn't, that's the answer. Great trade if Toff signs.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Why are the Canucks tying up cap in Toffoli?

only have 1 top 6 rw and an under performing former #6 overall pick who either is sick of hoe he gets treated by the coach or he just doesn't have the drive to get better and put in the work?

I would sign Jake for 2 years at 2.5-2.75m per, give him top 6 minutes for more that 2 periods, give him a 20 game sample size and see what he can do. Kid was drafted as a LW and has score some nice goals from that side, heck utilize that shot on the PP on the left side.

Canucks could be more creative in how they use Jake they just don't for reasons fans don't know, even tho they will say they do.

It won't turn into a Neely 2.0 trade where he goes on to score like crazy but he could easily be a useful complimentary top 6 winger on an NHL, just wish we gave him that opportunity...If he has earned a long look in the top 6 is debatable but why not give it 1 long look this upcoming year before cutting ties with him and possibly going on to regret it.

As for Toff, 4 years slightly under 5m like another poster said with NMC protection from Seattle which I am sure he would want. So does the GM give a recent trade acquisition a NMC but not the teams #1G? Does JB think Podkolzin won't make a top 6 impact like Demko might be a near future #1G?

Unfortunately I don't trust GM JB in making the right choices going forward, i hope he makes a bad move this off season and that parlays into him getting fired or at least removed as GM and away from trades and signings...

JB is 100% at fault for us being in this cap crunch, NOBODY else!

Reactions: Luckylarry

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Just out of interest, where do you see Tyler Madden fitting into the Canucks future plans? (If he was still with the team)

He doesn't, that's the answer. Great trade if Toff signs.

I see Tyler Madden fitting on the LA Kings roster as soon as next season or on their AHL farm team.

***Now I see what you meant, he could have been a possibly 3C or winger eventually, hope he crumbles in LA and goes to europe, kid has drive tho and family pedigree

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
only have 1 top 6 rw and an under performing former #6 overall pick who either is sick of hoe he gets treated by the coach or he just doesn't have the drive to get better and put in the work?

I would sign Jake for 2 years at 2.5-2.75m per, give him top 6 minutes for more that 2 periods, give him a 20 game sample size and see what he can do. Kid was drafted as a LW and has score some nice goals from that side, heck utilize that shot on the PP on the left side.

Canucks could be more creative in how they use Jake they just don't for reasons fans don't know, even tho they will say they do.

It won't turn into a Neely 2.0 trade where he goes on to score like crazy but he could easily be a useful complimentary top 6 winger on an NHL, just wish we gave him that opportunity...If he has earned a long look in the top 6 is debatable but why not give it 1 long look this upcoming year before cutting ties with him and possibly going on to regret it.

As for Toff, 4 years slightly under 5m like another poster said with NMC protection from Seattle which I am sure he would want. So does the GM give a recent trade acquisition a NMC but not the teams #1G? Does JB think Podkolzin won't make a top 6 impact like Demko might be a near future #1G?

Unfortunately I don't trust GM JB in making the right choices going forward, i hope he makes a bad move this off season and that parlays into him getting fired or at least removed as GM and away from trades and signings...

JB is 100% at fault for us being in this cap crunch, NOBODY else!

"fortunately I don't trust GM JB in making the right choices going forward, i hope he makes a bad move this off season and that parlays into him getting fired or at least removed as GM and away from trades and signings...

Cheering for your GM to make a bad move just so he satisfies your personal preference of him being fired....lol only a Canuck fan.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Probably will be like a lesser Eriksson disaster within a year or two tbh.

Toffoli had more than half of Eriksson’s first year goal total in about 10 games. He’s also three years younger than Eriksson was when he signed, so no.

Arguably are 2nd best prospect and at worse 3rd. Who's better than Madden other than Pod and arguably Hoglander?

Hogs was definitely better and so was Rathbone.

Madden will outscore Toffoli in his rookie season.

It was a shit trade.

The only way this happens is if Tyler Toffoli literally isn’t playing when Madden plays his rookie year. Why are people acting like this kid was some stud prospect?? Sure he could be good. He also could end up as Jordan Schroeder.

You think out of the five players on the ice, being pinned down in their own zone only comes down to the two defenseman?

Successful teams have a Kesler, Bergeron types. We don't even have a Hansen type.

The Canucks are what a team looks like when you have zero defensive forwards.

Pettersson isn’t a good defensive forward? Miller? Horvat? Motte? Sutter? Pearson? Hell, Eriksson? Exactly which Canucks team were you watching this season?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Because he is a top six player, they don't have a replacement ready in the system, he played well for them, he has shown he can score when he has decent players motivated to play around him. Signing him is a no-brainer. It's the cap hit and term that could cause lol's.

Exactly, im not sure why you even had to spell that out for the poster.

Right shot , stanley cup pedigree, point per game in 10 games with you franchise player, not 30 yrs old until 2022. Can move up and down the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad