Confirmed with Link: Todd McLellan: Fired (Thanks for the Playoff memories)

Oct 15, 2008
He won’t get more than two. If MacT started with the Red Wings/Sharks he’d have two as well.
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Crapt can’t get another organization to give him a head job. Period. I’d say that pretty much shoots your argument full of holes. But you do you. I hope he takes over. It’s what you deserve.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Crapt can’t get another organization to give him a head job. Period. I’d say that pretty much shoots your argument full of holes. But you do you. I hope he takes over. It’s what you deserve.

lol, what’s your issue with me?

Never seen someone get so triggered over such a meaningless argument. Is a D better than a F? Yes. Does that mean a D is a great grade? No. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Del Preston

North

Jun 25, 2009

Never seen someone get so triggered over such a meaningless argument. Is a D better than a F? Yes. Does that mean a D is a great grade? No. Pretty simple.

We're all so mad and want changes but can't agree how those changes should look so we're fighting over meaningless shit with each other because we can't bitch out the people we want to bitch out.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm getting to be on board with trying a new coach, but the nagging issue to me is that the new coach would still be inheriting a team with big problems in the lineup.

I also don't like the argument that the team needs something, and that a coach shakeup might be a shakeup that gives us wins. To me that seems intensely desperate. Yes, making big trades at this time is very difficult, while there are so few sellers and so many buyers, but firing shouldn't just be a move you make because you can't wait for the trade deadline.

However I do see enough legit concerns with how Tmac runs his lineups. I'm skeptical that spectators can really be good judges in that, but at the same time the results speak for themselves.

Another issue is the cost. I do believe that Katz would spend whatever it takes, but again the issue is that we don't really know if changing the coach would fix the team. It's easy for us as fans to want to try someone new, but Katz is on the hook for 2 years of Tmac, and would have to pay a big sum for Quennville. I mean man, if Katz did this just to roll a dice, fans here should be applauding him because that's a lot of cash to pay just for an uncertain dice roll.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We're all so mad and want changes but can't agree how those changes should look so we're fighting over meaningless **** with each other because we can't ***** out the people we want to ***** out.

From my perspective, changing one thing (eg. the coach) is better than changing nothing. But changing out all the problems at once would be more ideal. So my degree of satisfaction with the upcoming changes will be based on the depth of the changes.

North

Jun 25, 2009
From my perspective, changing one thing (eg. the coach) is better than changing nothing. But changing out all the problems at once would be more ideal. So my degree of satisfaction with the upcoming changes will be based on the depth of the changes.

Mine too. I still believe Todd wrings as little as he can out of this team.

Oct 15, 2008

Never said Todd was good.

Nothing personal, just responding to some stupid shit you posted. It’s a message board. Feel free to put me on ignore.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Never said Todd was good.

Nothing personal, just responding to some stupid **** you posted. It’s a message board. Feel free to put me on ignore.

I never said MacT was great either, so I’m not sure where you’re getting that impression.

I don’t have a single poster on ignore and I intend to keep it that way. Never felt the need to, never had the need to. Don’t think it should be any different with you. :)

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Flames are blowing the Knights out of the saddle tonight. It has to sting when you consider how tough it was for the Oil to score against them.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The Flames are blowing the Knights out of the saddle tonight. It has to sting when you consider how tough it was for the Oil to score against them.

They were doing fine until the Talbotting occurred. Then they lost any energy they had.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
They were doing fine until the Talbotting occurred. Then they lost any energy they had.

Well, unless we win 15 of the next 20 we will be gone from the playoff hunt and then it will be time to start auditioning the younger goalie prospects for 2019-20. I think we may already be there but perhaps that's too pessimistic.

We have to average 1.25 points per game from here to the regular season finish line. To be honest I (reluctantly) can't see it.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well, unless we win 15 of the next 20 we will be gone from the playoff hunt and then it will be time to start auditioning the younger goalie prospects for 2019-20. I think we may already be there but perhaps that's too pessimistic.

We have to average 1.25 points per game from here to the regular season finish line. To be honest I (reluctantly) can't see it.

I have a hard time seeing this team make the playoffs this season too. I just think we need to see if this team responds to a coach who isn't stuck in the past.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I have a hard time seeing this team make the playoffs this season too. I just think we need to see if this team responds to a coach who isn't stuck in the past.

But it looks like no change is imminent. I think if he sticks around for another 10 games then its toast (no butter) for the season. There are just too many other organizations out there that are much stronger than the Oilers.

That's the real issue here-- a weak organization that has trouble competing. Its not just 1,2 or even 5 guys in the press box. It has become ubiquitous.

North

Jun 25, 2009
But it looks like no change is imminent. I think if he sticks around for another 10 games then its toast (no butter) for the season. There are just too many other organizations out there that are much stronger than the Oilers.

That's the real issue here-- a weak organization that has trouble competing. Its not just 1,2 or even 5 guys in the press box. It has become ubiquitous.

Not everything is going to change at once so the easiest thing to change is the coach.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

It's not that dire yet. 3rd place in the Pacific is right there for the taking.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Why would he want to be a coach? He has the ultimate gravy retirement job right now.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I actually think that changing the coach and being able to get a better read on the players on the roster would be the best move. Some nights this team looks amazing, some nights they look like garbage. Which is it? Maybe a coach who can play players to their strengths and actually get the best out of them could help. If we fire everyone and then make a bunch of roster changes I guarantee we’ll see a bunch of ex-Oilers suddenly become good NHLers again.

Reactions: Throttlehead
Oct 15, 2008
Why would he want to be a coach? He has the ultimate gravy retirement job right now.
He doesn’t need a job. He doesn’t need the money. He likes the jam. The charge. It’s why AC/DC and the Rolling Stones still your. Do they need to? f*** no. They do it because they like doing it.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I can't see them rallying around Todd. That would surprise me if they came out guns all flying throughout the entire next game.

This is just delaying the inevitable it seems to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad