Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
What the f*** are you talking about?

It's one of the many reasons I hate all of you mofos. You really can't understand why someone would hate the Vancouver fanbase?
Odd behaviour to critique the entire fanbase over what a player did on the ice.

Even more of an odd behaviour to be living in the city knowing damn well how disgraced and ridiculed Bertuzzi was and completely spinning a narrative 20 years later to support some silly generalized hatred you have.

Yes you had the select few meatheads defending the hit, but there are certain fans who say stupid shit like that and will defend their dirty ass players across all teams.

It’s comical though as an Avs fan you sit there and pretend to take this moral high ground when that team was infested with dirty pieces of shits — and like with every single fanbase in existence, had some defend every single action of theres.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Odd behaviour to critique the entire fanbase over what a player did on the ice.

Even odd behaviour to be living in the city knowing damn well how disgraced and ridiculed Bertuzzi was and completely spinning a narrative 20 years later to support some silly generalized hatred you have.

Yes you had the select few meatheads defending the hit, but there are certain fans who say stupid shit like that and will defend their dirty ass players across all teams.

It’s comical though as an Avs fan you sit there and pretend to take this moral high ground when that team was infested with dirty pieces of shits — and like with every single fanbase in existence, had some defend every single action of theres.

I already said it wasn’t over this one incident. I’ve lived in Vancouver my entire life as a die hard Avs fan. The rivalry was big so I had to deal with Canucks fans my entire life.

And no I don’t defend guys like Claude Lemieux, hell, I don’t even like Patrick Roy.

I do appreciate the gaslighting though because you’ve clearly lived in Vancouver as a rival fan and know the experience. The Vancouver fanbase is truly loved around the league.

I don’t why you’re so offended that I hate your fanbase. I could give less of a shit if you Aves fans because I know and can admit that we’re super sarcastic assholes

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I already said it wasn’t over this one incident. I’ve lived in Vancouver my entire life as a die hard Avs fan. The rivalry was big so I had to deal with Canucks fans my entire life.

And no I don’t defend guys like Claude Lemieux, hell, I don’t even like Patrick Roy.

I do appreciate the gaslighting though because you’ve clearly lived in Vancouver as a rival fan and know the experience. The Vancouver fanbase is truly loved around the league.

I don’t why you’re so offended that I hate your fanbase. I could give less of a shit if you Aves fans because I know and can admit that we’re super sarcastic assholes
You can hate a fanbase, but I just find it odd you would spin a narrative of an incident that directly had nothing to do with the reflection of the fanbase to try and support that hatred.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
You can hate a fanbase, but I just find it odd you would spin a narrative of an incident that directly had nothing to do with the reflection of the fanbase to try and support that hatred.

Like I said it’s one of many reasons. This one is just big enough to be thread worthy.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
That whole saga really ruined a bunch of people.

Moore obviously never played again (though probably got more from lawsuit then anything in a playing career)

Naslund was once again leading the league in scoring, probably wins the Art Ross that year without it and doesn't see as big of a decline.

Canucks may stay contenders for a few more years.

Bertuzzi doesn't live with the shame his entire life

Reactions: Dingo

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
It was a failing on the league for failing to suspend Moore. It was a clear headshot to a star player by a no-named player against a star. There is absolutely a two-tiered level when it comes to suspensions and if that was McDavid on a 4th line player, there's no suspension but flip the script, then the 4th liner gets 4-5 games for knocking McDavid out.

The league, for some stupid reason, didn't suspend Moore which pissed the Canucks off. So they warned the two teams to behave themselves when they met next. Which they did. This was the second meeting after the hit.

It was awful what happened to Moore, but he and his lawyer did not do a good PR route and basically came across as people trying to milk as much money as possible.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
It was a failing on the league for failing to suspend Moore. It was a clear headshot to a star player by a no-named player against a star. There is absolutely a two-tiered level when it comes to suspensions and if that was McDavid on a 4th line player, there's no suspension but flip the script, then the 4th liner gets 4-5 games for knocking McDavid out.

The league, for some stupid reason, didn't suspend Moore which pissed the Canucks off. So they warned the two teams to behave themselves when they met next. Which they did. This was the second meeting after the hit.

It was awful what happened to Moore, but he and his lawyer did not do a good PR route and basically came across as people trying to milk as much money as possible.
Hard to have sympathy for the Nucks when they had that rat bastard Cooke running around. Sorry.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Moore 100% saw dollar signs galore and sued for every possible little thing. I think he even sued the front desk receptionist at the courthouse for being too slow.
That's what bothered me about this so much. I can handle/understand almost everything about the situation except him smiling and chatting with reporters before a press conference with no neck brace. Minutes later is bawling his eyes out with a giant neck brace on.
After the interview back to no neck brace and laughing with reporters.

Such a farce.

Reactions: Dingo

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

That same game Jarko injured Forsberg. Yet no bounties, no countdowns, no hysterics.

Also let’s not forget the Canucks went the “gutless homers”route and waited for the last home game of a season to hold their little show trial.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Crawford lost the thread. He would do the same thing everywhere else he every coached though.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Where’s the excuse? Literally every Canuck fans hated the end result. A lot of bullshit being said here. No f***ing Canuck fan was cheering.
How about these?

Not saying it was justified but Steve Moore had it coming the way he was moving. Obviously sucks that was the end result and the consequent 600 pound dog pile on his neck.

Yes. All stems back to the previous game between the two and his hit on Naslund. Moore spent this game running away from a fight. If he'd gotten it out of the way early, it's done.

Moore was a punk. This could have all been avoided if the had some balls and dropped the gloves with one of the big boys. But he chose Matt Cooke of all players .

Choosing the Smallest non fighter on the team. Just made Moore more of a p***y.

I always thought it was a f***ing dumb decision to play Moore in the third period of an 8-2 blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad