Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Chris Simon didn't have criminal charges

this wouldnt either

McSorely was found guilty but he used the stick.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
"Steve Moore has been fined $2,000 worth Moosehead for embellishment. Proceeds to be split among the Canucks locker room and the NHL Department of Discipline."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All jokes aside, very few incidents changed the game like this one did. Enforcers became almost cosmetic after this, because they only fought other enforcers. Which didn't really make sense. Before this incident, you would occasionally (I wouldn't say often) see enforcers chase down offenders and try to force them into a fight (McCarty/Lemieux), or at least a skirmish, which would often wind up with the other team's enforcer stepping in. So they did, at least to an extent, work as a deterrent.

This pretty much changed all that. lol, Of course there was the Scott/Kessel incident, but by that point the idea of an enforcer going after a star seemed absurd.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Marc Crawford and Todd Bertuzzi cost their team a legit shot at the Cup because they couldn't manage their emotions. Naslund came back quickly and had a strong run in the playoffs. He only missed 4 games

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm surprised Kadri wasn't pulled out of middle school and suspended.

Complete garbage hit, Moore definitely deserved to get his ass beaten but not his career ended.
I think it's possible that it was Moore's choice to end his own career. It was not the neck injury that ended his career. It was a concussion that ended the career of a player with no concussion history and who stood to profit far more from a lawsuit than he would ever have made as an NHL player.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The repercussions from this and the subsequent lawsuit basically destroyed Marc Crawford's career as a NHL HC. This incident and his actions will follow him to the grave. Bertuzzi was just a tool in Crawford's tool box.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Remember it like it was yesterday and I was youngen at that point. Crazy how time flies.
Same. I was flipping through channels and stopped on the game randomly, about 30 seconds before it happened.

The repercussions from this and the subsequent lawsuit basically destroyed Marc Crawford's career as a NHL HC. This incident and his actions will follow him to the grave. Bertuzzi was just a tool in Crawford's tool box.
Bertuzzi was also never the same player after this.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Not saying it was justified but Steve Moore had it coming the way he was moving. Obviously sucks that was the end result and the consequent 600 pound dog pile on his neck.
Yes. All stems back to the previous game between the two and his hit on Naslund. Moore spent this game running away from a fight. If he'd gotten it out of the way early, it's done.

Reactions: JAK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad